Odin Quests FINISHED

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 7, 16 2:52 PM
Hopefully I'm still living if this new food ain't killed me. I'll be with the grand kids at the beach, BBQ's, in my garden growing something and reading a good book. Eating mango's before Cameo puts his nasty breath on them! Torturing folks in the forum with my stories. Anything but forcing myself to Guru everything. I get cold feet just thinking about them botanicals and park rangers. LOL don't remind me and put me off, Im trying to be brave as is doing the IEI-ing!

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Jan 7, 16 4:55 PM
I have to admit that I dread botanicals so much I go ahead and use gold on #5 and #3. But Park Ranger not so bad, with a keepsake you just try to beat the clock by doing all 18 in under 15 minutes...Yes I entertain myself with my own goals.

Besides, what if the ? Ran is given after EVERYTHING is bought, gurued, and Odin satisfied? I can dream can't I? You know the old joke about the eternal optimist...there might be a pony in there somewhere!!!

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 7, 16 5:07 PM
There is a pony.. Junkyard in the rafter of the house or what ever that is. Next to the teddy and the carousel...I know that scene with my eyes closed. "My daughter wants a pony, doesn't have to be a real one".

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 7, 16 6:33 PM
Bluex wrote:Hopefully I'm still living if this new food ain't killed me. I'll be with the grand kids at the beach, BBQ's, in my garden growing something and reading a good book. Eating mango's before Cameo puts his nasty breath on them! Torturing folks in the forum with my stories. Anything but forcing myself to Guru everything. I get cold feet just thinking about them botanicals and park rangers. LOL don't remind me and put me off, Im trying to be brave as is doing the IEI-ing!

So what are you going to do in the game between the Spring Event and Pirate Day? Can't believe that all you will do is the daily quest.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Jan 7, 16 7:42 PM
TSue - I, for one, will be doing my first restart (because of the glaring white room in the Time Machine). In between that and my real life I will be busy. The thought of GURUing everything makes my skin crawl.

I do neither Botanical nor the handsome Ranger. I buy items at Auction.

I have lived long enough to try to avoid aggravation. I agree with Blue - enjoy family, friends, and the wonder of life.

Cheers

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 8, 16 5:40 AM
MP, I don't think the white screen is going to change just due to a restart. I'll find out eventually when I get to that point and hopefully I will be wrong and I am again hoping It will be. But restarting due to that one thing and it being gone is not a 100% guarantee. In other words, its has not been reported as fixed in a new game. Even though I had them try to fix it, it might just be something unique to our specific computers. So be aware as to your expectations.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 8, 16 8:00 AM
Bluex wrote:MP, I don't think the white screen is going to change just due to a restart. I'll find out eventually when I get to that point and hopefully I will be wrong and I am again hoping It will be. But restarting due to that one thing and it being gone is not a 100% guarantee. In other words, its has not been reported as fixed in a new game. Even though I had them try to fix it, it might just be something unique to our specific computers. So be aware as to your expectations.

I've completed the Time Machine twice with no issues. It's worked exactly as designed.

When I got the building to level 3 and entered it, I did not poke around at anything. Just entered the building, read what Fatima had to say, and then left.

Played the two countries that had the rings for the button, then used the quest to go back in the building.

Pushed the middle ring/button, and again, no poking around when the cube opened, just accepted the reward for the quest, got the new quest for more pieces of the exhibit.

Did not return to the exhibit, just went and found the missing pieces.

Not guaranteeing this will work for you, but you already know that what you did the first time doesn't work, so trying something different can't hurt.

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by SaphireH on Jan 8, 16 8:04 AM
Bluex wrote:MP, I don't think the white screen is going to change just due to a restart. I'll find out eventually when I get to that point and hopefully I will be wrong and I am again hoping It will be. But restarting due to that one thing and it being gone is not a 100% guarantee. In other words, its has not been reported as fixed in a new game. Even though I had them try to fix it, it might just be something unique to our specific computers. So be aware as to your expectations.

Have the people with the problems, compared notes (OS, Video card, etc.), to see if there is any common ground?

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 8, 16 8:27 AM
Saphire, no we have not compared it. But I agree with you.

I had the geek squad at BFG check everything out with my laptop, they were extremely thorough as it took almost ten days back and forth of testing this and that and what not. They were very professional as far as I am concerned compared to other companies I've dealt with and my own IT dept when I had it.
I was told it was not with me and that they would inform the developers so when a new update it would be fixed.. Well we now know what happened with that. But I am in agreement with you, I still say its program/pc specific especially the video card as it looks like a video card issue.. There where a handful of us affected by it which was just too odd. I want to say less than ten of us that posted the issue and we had a larger group of people posting back then.
My laptop is an antique itself 8 years old which as we all know might as well be a thousand for a laptop. But it works great and I did not wish to mess with another system as I did not like 8 at the time. Now I am waiting for the hysterics and any bugs of Windows 10 to die down for I buy another. Can't be bothered with all the to do. I bet you good money there wont be a white screen issue with a new laptop.

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by SaphireH on Jan 8, 16 9:46 AM
Personally, I am using Windows 7. I only upgraded to 7, because of the program I want to use for writing my books (won't run on xp). I don't believe I've had any video glitches. 3.2 GHz processor (laptop had less than 2, so Pickers wouldn't play, which was my favorite at the time). 8 gigs of ram. 64 bit os. AMD 760g for my display. Don't know if any of that gives you a basis to go on?

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 8, 16 10:02 AM
I am also running windows 7. 64 bit AMD Radeon cant figure out the rest. It looks like 320 Ghz.

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by SaphireH on Jan 8, 16 10:05 AM
Bluex wrote:I am also running windows 7. 64 bit AMD Radeon cant figure out the rest. It looks like 320 Ghz.

All the same as me, except display, maybe. Maybe somebody else with the problem will speak up and see if that's it.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 8, 16 10:11 AM
Queuing MPendo! Step right up.......

Go to: