BransonBel
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Escape the Museum 2 comments and reviews

[Post New]by BransonBel on Nov 23, 09 6:16 AM
I really didn't like the first game, but will try the demo and see if this is any better. Can't see myself actually spending money for it, though, unless it is WAY better than the first!

[Post New]by sugarmountain on Nov 23, 09 8:53 AM
This is a pretty good game. Some of the "puzzles" are a bit challenging, but not hard enough to be frustrating. The only thing I found disappointing was that there is no "replayability". You have to create another character to play it again. None of the hidden objects seemed to change - though there appear to be plenty of other objects that could be used in a replay.

bonbon663
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by bonbon663 on Nov 24, 09 12:10 AM
I thought the game was lovely to look at, but, way too easy. I found I pretty much whipped through it without needing any help or cheats. I like the concept with the activities along side the HOG concept. Again though, too simple.

[Post New]by nanajeannie on Nov 24, 09 6:57 AM
I was really looking forward to trying this game...unfortunately it freezes of the screen that says.." You are here". I can not get past that screen so have not been able to play the game....

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Nov 24, 09 7:43 AM
I found the demo to this game fun so I will purchase it. I loved the first one and this one keeps you busy and has a straight forward plot, I think it will be a worthwhile purchase.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Nov 26, 09 4:02 PM
Not nearly as good as the first one. I'm disappointed. I bought it without testing it. I've nver done that before. My bad. I'll play it anyway.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Nov 28, 09 7:54 AM
When this came out I realized that I had never bought the first one. Always planned to but never got around to it. So, with November fest in mind, I bought it and played it - good game but lots of dark corners and blurry objects. Loved the puzzles. Then the last 3 rooms...ugh. I don't like those mad dash games.
Anyway now that I have finished her escape, I have begun his escape. I like the clear pictures and the bright lights! I have had a hard time figuring out what I am trying to accomplish so had to ask the old guy. But I like the look and the challenges. Guess I'll buy it.
Unlike the UK it is sunny here but cold so inside fun will do for today.

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on Nov 28, 09 12:11 PM
This game is much better than the first one. I like the games and side missions.

laffinlady
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by laffinlady on Nov 29, 09 9:19 AM
I did not like this game. There were very obscure hot spots that you needed to find in order to proceed. The story line was OK. The way to get through each screen was fun to figure out. I was so frustrated because I had to keep clicking on every object in a window in order to find the non-intuitive hot spot or item.

Tex_Murphy
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Tex_Murphy on Nov 29, 09 1:17 PM
CiCiRR wrote:I haven't enough time to play the demo in one hour-long session, I'd play for 20 min. and then come back later for another 20 min. Unless I'm missing something, the game didn't automatically save my progress - everytime I went back to the game, I'd have to start at the scene where I had to find the dinky toys, even though I passed that chapter in my previous sitting.

I didn't get far enough into the game to consider buying it.

Yeah, I've got the same prob with saving, except every time I go back to the game I have to start right from the beginning again! Sort it out please, BigFish!

Edited on 11/29/2009 at 1:21:24 PM PST

[Post New]by jetlee01 on Nov 29, 09 8:45 PM
Great game just finished it 2 big thumbs up

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Dec 1, 09 2:41 AM
I didn't play the first game, but I really enjoyed this.

vetchick
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by vetchick on Dec 1, 09 5:22 PM
This one has too many glitches. The hot spots are not showing up. I can't get through the game because I cannot click on hot spots for inventory items. I think the hidden object portion of the game is too easy compared to the first.

[Post New]by jfredmuggs on Dec 6, 09 2:31 PM
Ok, the demo was enough that I bought it. Stupid me. Having completed it, I'm sorry I wasted the money. Side tasks were stupid. If I wandered through the game the tasks were satisfied with no challenge. Main play was barely ok and frankly I avoided the story line. The 'hero" was a jerk and should have been handcuffed in the back of the police car and stayed there.

[Post New]by asenna on Dec 8, 09 8:03 PM
Look guys, maybe I'm the dumbest person on the planet (it is 4am), but i think this game is rubbish! Firstly it crashed after 2 mins game play, then when i had gone back in again and decided to switch it to windows mode, the screen was too big. Also no hint button on the second task (car with telegraph pole), maybe that was hidden off the bottom of my screen. Quit after 7 mins!

BigFatPanda
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by BigFatPanda on Dec 12, 09 10:05 PM
Is it me or should the title be something like "Get to the museum!" LOL - it certainly had nothing to do with escaping a museum

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 18, 09 1:53 PM
I had the error message in the english version and downloaded the german version yesterday and it works now, very curious.
I like this game. The graphic is very good, you need to use your brain to go forward in this game. But I wait for purchase this game. I have planned to buy not more than one game a week and I have bought the game already.

izarod
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by izarod on Jan 11, 10 3:48 AM
I feel like I wasted my money. It was way too short. I enjoyed the first escape the museum. It lasted way-way longer than #2. I am not fast usually,but finished this in a couple of hours. #1 lasted for days. Graphics are not as good as I've come to expect' For those of you who haven't tried #1,I highly recommend it. That is why when I seen #2 I bought immediately expecting the same long involved game. All I can say is don't waste your money on escape #2.

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Feb 3, 10 8:47 PM
I kind of liked the demo. But I won't buy it because it moved open windows on the my screen. There is no excuse for a game to move ANYTHING else around on your PC. None.

Escape the Museum 2 comments and reviews

[Post New]by jamminmom on Feb 13, 10 8:21 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Here is what our reviewer thought of Escape the Museum 2. Post your own thoughts about the game in this thread and join the conversation! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Comments:
We all know how worrisome it can be when you’re separated from family in an emergency, but at least you’ll have some exhilarating game play to accompany that concern in this new Hidden Object / Adventure game! This game offers some original new aspects, like a heartbeat to track superior game play, so it definitely has a lot to offer hard-core gamers. Another positive has to be the Hidden Object scenes that are crisp and well lit, which just adds to the lively game play offered in this title. Your progress will be saved in Hidden Object scenes that you navigate away from, so feel free to explore your surroundings. This game is a wonderful example of cohesive game play that gives players multi-level entertainment. You’ll be enchanted with the storyline just as much as the game play and will most likely walk away wanting another adventure. Make haste because the time has come for you to be the hero in Escape the Museum 2!

Game Modes:
The player has the power with this untimed game because you can choose if you’d like to play in full screen or windowed mode and can select to auto-pause or use a custom cursor.

Depth:
Each of the 25+ locations offer an obstacle to overcome through mini-game puzzles as well as multiple Hidden Object scenes, so set your chair up with a comfy cushion for this exciting quest!

Similar to:
Be sure to see Caitlin and Susan’s escapade within the museum in Escape the Museum, or check out titles with similar game play, like <a href=http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/6334>Hidden Expedition: Devil’s Triangle</a> and <a href=http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/5430>Dream Chronicles: The Chosen Child</a>.

Difficulty level:
Although the Hidden Object scenes are painless, you will need some top-notch Adventure skills to make it over to the museum, so this game would be best for an average or advanced player. Beginning players can always gain some helpful tips in the walkthrough up on our Big Fish Blog.

Reviewed by L.D.

Go to: