Re:Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove CE Technical Issues

[Post New]by Willowtrees on Nov 26, 09 2:16 PM
bfgErie wrote:I'm sorry to hear folks are getting an access violation in the game. Can you describe where exactly the error occurred for you? Perhaps there is some trigger in the game that is causing this problem.

Regardless, the best bet would be to contact our support department. If there is a problem with the game, they can identify what computer configurations may be causing this problem and work with the programmers to get it corrected.

I got the same error " not loading my profile" It happened some time after the runes puzzle. Oh boy, this is a bummer since I was so far into the game. I too am scared to start all over just for this to happen again. Otherwise, great game was really enjoying it. Well worth the money.

ivillagegrinch
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by ivillagegrinch on Nov 26, 09 2:31 PM
It crashed a couple of times, but then put me back to where I was when it crashed. This game gets an A+ -- solved it in 4.5 hours, and frittered away Thanksgiving, but if I hurry, my family will forgive me as long as they still get their meal.

mbhj
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by mbhj on Nov 26, 09 2:50 PM
My profile has now been deleted twice. Once when I tried to play on my laptop and again when I played using desktop. Both times the game crashed at the end when I was one puzzle away from completing the game.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Nov 26, 09 3:17 PM
A lot of seem to be getting it right at the end.

Is everyone reporting this to Customer support so they don't think its just a few of us?

[Post New]by pengwynner on Nov 26, 09 3:26 PM
Just a tip: Before I play the game, I close any unneeded applications running in the tray (at the bottom right of the Windows taskbar, right click on each icon and select close or exit), leaving only my Internet connection, speakers and security apps running). Any icons you see in the tray are loaded in memory and using system resources, so closing a few should free up more system resources, allowing them to be focused on Dire Grove.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Nov 26, 09 3:31 PM
NYTaxi,

Kontaktiere den Kundendienst.

redroo
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by redroo on Nov 26, 09 4:58 PM
Just so you have the stats, I had an access violation when I was in the tent, i.e. near the end.....HOWL!!!!!......which is a pity as I lost everything and need to start again. It is a pity that we couldnt save when we wanted, so we could go back to an area we wanted to re examine????

I have never had problems before.

Apart from that I was really enjoying the game, but frustrated that I need to start again after hours of work.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 26, 09 5:06 PM
I am very sorry to hear that some folks are experiencing an access violation error with Dire Grove. This problem has been reported to the developers and I'm certain that they will look into it as soon as they can.

If you had an access violation happen during the game, please contact our Customer Support team. The more information we can gather about what kinds of computers this problem is happening on, the quicker we can find a fix.

Once again, I am very sorry that this game is crashing for some of our customers. I am certain that this will get corrected soon. A moderator will post any information we can get in this forum as soon as any information comes our way.

Edited on 11/26/2009 at 5:07:02 PM PST

spagbol
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by spagbol on Nov 26, 09 5:45 PM
me too with the access violation and corrupted profile - right at the end with the rune riddles - - I had stayed up late just to finish it (2am and have to be up at 6.30am) I will be knackered at work tomorrow- well upset - I will contact customer support as advised

galotter
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by galotter on Nov 26, 09 6:03 PM
I am missing a game element in one of the hidden object sections.

In the hunting lodge, near the fireplace, even when I use the 'hint' there is no image of a 'lit cigar'. The hint indicates it is in the upper right quadrant, just below the trigger mechanism of the flintlock rifle, and right of the old photograph.
I have tried micro clicking each point, and still, nothing.

Unfortunately, even though I have progressed to the point that this is my second visit to the hunting lodge, I am frozen at this game point.

Is there any other solution rather than starting the game over with a different user name?

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 26, 09 6:26 PM
Hi galotter,

I'm sorry you're not able to find that cigar. Because the list of items are randomized, I never had that item on my list when I played. Although, I have to admit I haven't gotten all the way through the game yet. Perhaps you might want to try uninstalling and then reinstalling the game again to see if that helps.

bfgErie

Halotop
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Halotop on Nov 26, 09 6:54 PM
m_j619 wrote:Ok, I had posted this on another thread, but apparently should be here

I had beta tested, when I resumed the game after d/l, my hint arrow was spinning, and I couldn't see any of the " Change is Good" items. I restarted as another player, and I am happy to report both issues are resolved. No problem here, as I wanted to start the CE from the beginning anyway

Again I say thanks Paul and BFG for the best game ever!

MJ

I beta tested the game and had the same problem.... easily resolved by opening a new profile.....and I agree.. one of the best games yet...

nehklh
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by nehklh on Nov 26, 09 7:04 PM
I hae windows 7 and im downloading it right now. Do any of you had a problem with win7?

Sinsaint
Clownfish
Clownfish
635 Posts

[Post New]by Sinsaint on Nov 26, 09 8:24 PM
I've had all kinds of problems with this game. I took drastic measures and went out and bought a new computer today. We'll see if it resolves the problems.

kcojco
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Hint button

[Post New]by kcojco on Nov 26, 09 8:27 PM
For those with spinning hint button issues, I'm on my 2nd time through the game and the hint button is now working, just a glitch I guess.

wenegade
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by wenegade on Nov 26, 09 8:54 PM
I can't even get the game installed. It loads until it gets to the activating part and then it just sits there saying "waiting" for activation. Any ideas?

STL531
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by STL531 on Nov 26, 09 9:04 PM
I, too, just got an access violation thing and had my profile deleted. Soooo... I've deleted the game (and I went and deleted a few files associated with the game that didn't get deleted with the uninstall) and I'm going to try to reinstall it and hopefully that will work. My crash happened when I was near the bridge by the farm house after I had (don't laugh) tried to use the fire extinguisher to clear the bridge. D'oh! I think I'm going to try it again before I see if I need to contact Customer Service, though, as I did have Firefox running at the same time and I've seen suggestions to shut everything else off while playing.

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Nov 26, 09 9:38 PM
Access Violation - how I hate those words! On Chapter 5, I had just slid the last piece of the Relic Puzzle into place waiting for the puzzle to light up and release the tablet when bang! Access Violation and then to be told I had an Invalid Profile which was corrupted and cannot be recovered. After all these hours getting to this point, I now know I have to start all over again
I will report this to CS as bfgErie suggested and hope this problem can be resolved for all us fishies
I think the game is awesome though

[Post New]by coldrake on Nov 26, 09 11:10 PM
I'm pretty early in the game yet but I'm loving it! Only problem is the screen keeps minimizing on me. I can open it back up right away so it isn't a big issue... just slightly annoying.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Nov 26, 09 11:22 PM
I found this quote from picman in the info and speculaton thread

p.s. The raw "just off the developer's machine" version I played was given to me with the caveat "it might work, we are just starting to test it now". I played for 7 hours and 45 minutes at a pretty decent pace...and then it crashed and I will have to start over OMG! They will work out the kinks before the 25th...but I soooooo wanted to finish it last weekend...I still do not know how it ends and do not want to find out until I play it.

So- looks like the kinks were not totally worked out.

We soooooo want to finish our games too picman

Go to: