Rhondalay
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Rhondalay on Jan 18, 16 6:54 AM
It's a no buy for me too...waiting for the SE to come out so I don't have to pay extra to non-play the extra chapter in the CE. It's too bad these developers don't patch their games...they are going on my they-could-care-less list.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by j62janet on Jan 18, 16 7:50 AM

Edited on 01/20/2016 at 3:52:09 PM PST

[Post New]by dary33981 on Jan 18, 16 1:23 PM
My question relates to any game I try to download since about a week or maybe two after windows 10 was installed. Have no problem with any of my games that I have downloaded previously for years. The message I receive is (oXlE90864D tried to write to oXoooAoFE8) of course with each game the ox numbers are different. My games go to Program x86 file. I have tried all of the examples in the help menu's and nothing changes. I have been with bigfish for many years without problems could you please help? I'm an older woman and my patience are very trying.
Thank you.

[Post New]by blondie4116 on Jan 18, 16 2:48 PM
same problem with the key.
Mac 10.10.5

blessed34
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by blessed34 on Jan 18, 16 4:15 PM
Almost to the end and no key!!! 13.99 is a lot of money for a game that I can't finish.

[Post New]by erin_mj on Jan 18, 16 7:59 PM
Windows 7, same key problem, don't think beardedfish's solution would work (and am not about to replay the whole game anyway). I am usually a big fan of Mad Head Games, but this is egregious. If we see no fix (and I bet we don't -- do these things ever really get patched?), I will certainly think twice before buying a MH game again.

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Possible solution for the disappearing key!!!

[Post New]by scs2 on Jan 18, 16 8:38 PM
silverfairy31 wrote:
Furryfury wrote:
beardedfish wrote:Hello fishies,

Possible solution for the disappearing key!!!

I'm running this game on our family's computer with Win7.

I also had a problem with a key disappearing in the CE chapter, same as Ryvon, MonsterHound07 and bonggamer. The key disappeared from the airplane lock and I couldn't progress any further.

I would have given up just there and then but I noticed that the girl was in the plane and was wondering how I didn't notice her being dragged or getting locked in the plane. So I decided to start a new game.

Once I got to the CE part with an airfield, I immediately clicked on a plane and what do you know the girl was already there. So I talked to her and tried to open the door. After that I progressed through the rest of the game and after the fight with Rob, I used the key on the plane door and finished the game.

So to recap: As soon as you get to the CE click on the plane and try open the door and everything should be ok for you.

I hope this helps everyone!

This workaround wouldn't have helped me (even if I wanted to play the game over again just for the last 10 seconds of the game), because I had already done this and the key still disappeared when I tried to use it.

Same here- I had clicked on the door and spoke to the daughter before fighting Rob and the key still disappeared. WE NEED A PATCH ASAP. I can't play/see all the bonus material either, since the bonus chapter can't be completed. Very frustrating!

Same here...I clicked, talked to her, went on and got the key and it disappeared just as I went to use it. btw, I think that saying that you have no idea when developers who've been paid for defective games will provide fixes but you publish them when they do is pretty lame -- and perhaps why we have so many defective games and so few fixes. If they have their money and you're not following up with them on fixes why would they make them a priority???

valjoy
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by valjoy on Jan 18, 16 10:33 PM
Just adding my complaint about the key missing at the end. And I had tried to open the door and talked to the little girl before the final confrontation . So, BF, what are you doing about it??

[Post New]by wanderingwomble on Jan 19, 16 5:04 AM
I am having the same problem with the key. I am right at the end of the bonus game. I put the key in the airplane door and it disappears. The hint button says 'there is nothing to do here right now". The map shows that all other areas are complete. I am using a Mac, running Yosemite 10.10.5.

skullfun
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by skullfun on Jan 19, 16 5:35 AM
I also could the not finish the bonus chapter due to the key disappeared trying to get the daughter out of the plane. This is a challenge I think developers will hopefully create a fix so that members can complete the entire game. I share in everyone's
frustration, I have never encountered this with Mad Head games and I own their
entire collection. I am running Windows 8 on a new Dell PC I purchased for Christmas. I have tried every recommendation to resolve this challenge with no luck. Finally sent a Felix report to Tech Support...

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Jan 19, 16 6:30 AM
My key also disappeared after I had spoken to the girl and had the fight with Rob. I am not going to play the whole game over.

Doreen

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

My key also disappeared after I had spoken to the girl and had the fight with Rob. I am not going to play the whole game over.

Doreen

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here

Doreen

danooli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by danooli on Jan 19, 16 7:02 AM
Spoke to Donna as I entered the scene, but after the fight with Rob, my key also disappeared.

[Post New]by AutumnCedar on Jan 19, 16 8:25 AM
I emailed them early this morning and they are aware of the issue.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 01/20/2016 at 4:01:38 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by silverfairy31 on Jan 19, 16 2:47 PM
AutumnCedar wrote:[Removed by Moderator]

Thanks for the update AutumnCedar! . I hope the patch comes out soon. It's very frustrating to get to the very end of a game and not be able to finish.

Edited on 01/20/2016 at 4:11:18 PM PST

[Post New]by AutumnCedar on Jan 19, 16 9:09 PM
You are welcome. I am really looking forward to finishing the game myself as well.

Edited on 01/19/2016 at 9:10:57 PM PST

skullfun
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by skullfun on Jan 19, 16 10:43 PM
What a pleasant response you received from Mad Head. I look forward to the update for this adventure as well, located in the OPTIONS cogwheel on the DOWNLOAD tab. I should also add that I had an awesome experience with the Big Fish Technical Support team via email. I'm sure that everyone who works in the department is aware of this "game glitch". The reply I received from Big Fish was professional and very positive. It is obvious to me why Big Fish games is leading the industry in online gaming.

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Jan 20, 16 1:50 AM
Can't remember if I notified your tech team...I, too, have had the key to the airplane disappear at the VERY LAST MOMENT of the game, and I cannot just go back to the bonus chapter to 'fix' it. I doubt you will need my Dr Felix report as pretty much everyone is having the problem,... PLEASE CONTACT ME if you need anything else from me.

Sincerely,

DebbieAnnie

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Jan 20, 16 4:27 AM
belamba wrote:Yet another game that won't work on Mac OS X El Capitan! Exasperating....

Off to the right corner, so can't see all the screen or reach all the controls.

The sound comes and goes too.

All up to date on machine; seems to me that devs aren't making CEs for El Capitan as 5th game in a month that won't run properly.

I have El Capitan and I haven't had a single games fail to run properly. It can't be just the operating system.

Go to: