Senior Citizens sign in!!

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Feb 29, 16 8:44 PM
YEEESSSS! T-bird, no doubt when we finally stop this game errr-insanity we'll have gazillions of resources... I don't make ahead scores of green gems any more, WOW those quantity requirements hit an all time high! smart cookies, using up resources-make greens...(USED to play Midnight Castle, things went SOUTH.... BOOM limits raised to crazy impossible! charter member 2+ yrs-had to stop=quit!) Last yr GD rating 4, now 2 at best... I loved beginning GD! Is it just me? MHO

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 29, 16 11:17 PM
I'm not really game player until GD I was dithering around in candy crush but struck an impossible level when up came an ad about GD so I gave it a go and now I am stuck with it! I just managed to get my 10 levels to earn the hats but not without a lot of basic Anglo Saxon language and general unhappiness ! So pleased to have squeaked past level 30 but I tremble at the thought of what else is about to confuse me! I gather that later cities are a little more reasonable but I think I will never catch up with the elusive snowman...Neena we will have to support each other through the perils of travelling through GD land.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Mar 1, 16 7:23 AM
Well, not too elusive. But, I have discovered that boosts are an essential part of moving thru the cities and without them I would be even more bald (cant be more grey). I never use real money, because time is money, and I have time to wait for more lives. St. Pete is fairly easy so far, makes me want to visit the real city. I toured St. Pete back in the early 80's when it was Leningrad, at the height of the Cold War.
Very chilly, but plenty of Wodka.

Seriously, I am on level 93 and have competed all the challenges including all ten at each monument to get the rewards. You really need to finish them because the requirements are so high to build the monuments, but it is not difficult, esp. as by now you know how the game patterns work. Neena it is like beginning again, but knowing what you do now. I wish life was like that, I would be a great teenager this time around.

appiel
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by appiel on Mar 1, 16 5:52 PM
I think we would like to travel to those places but we don't have the money.
Watching the places is like knowing them! It's only for the wealth to visit the cities
Greetings from The Netherlands!
By the way a senior

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 1, 16 10:40 PM
Hi appiel, hello from this senior in New Zealand! I wonder how many countries there are seniors slowly.making their way through countries via gummy drop? As I am currently in Rio I don't think I really want to visit there for real. I have been to a number of the cities on the list, I am waiting for them to visit down under!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 7, 16 4:15 PM
Anyone else noticed the number of times you play through a level desperately trying to get a lightning bolt and one turns up on your very last move and right next to the colour you want?! I refuse to buy extra lives on principle when this happens, had it happen 3 times already today - by the way I hate Rio!!

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Mar 10, 16 4:07 AM
Droppie Welcome to this motley crew! Glad you are doing so well in GD... I'm in NO and struggling, right at NO end tho, should finish soon...(sighs and crosses fingers) This bunch will be going to gat a cappuccino later at the Coffee Cup, ,, hope you'll drop by often and join in our antics, we might be seniors but we're awfully {...deleted by powers that be...}. Don't tell anyone or we'll never see a quite moment!
There's T-Bird, Snow, Eli is a great chum just don't know where he's been lately, I think we've scared a few off but not on purpose.....

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 10, 16 10:42 AM
Fingers crossed for you Neena to escape from the dreaded NO without too many hiccups! Rio is very expensive and very slow going at present, I keep having to go back to earlier cities and collect coins and the intern levels are hard enough without trying the higher ones - big sighs.........

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Mar 10, 16 10:48 AM
I told you guys St. Pete was easy. I am thru and on to Mexico.

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Mar 11, 16 9:16 AM
T-bird I'm rounding third base and heading home! At 98, almost thru with NO & it's been $$$ never encountered a city that expensive! Wow! Of course had to buy a lot of BOAST! Lol...just to get past time zones... Droppie after every UP I always have problems... They never stop.. my hurdles are as big as some egos! Lol...how about we all meet at mi casa for a bit of liquid sustenance.....pouring now!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 11, 16 11:11 AM
The thing I do like about the latest change is that the dreaded tick for"more moves" has been shifted to the bottom of the page where I am not quite so likely to hit it by mistake! Snow - I can't wait to escape from Rio and hit the nicer city of St Petersburg but I fear it is going to take a few more weeks!! Could do with that drink Neena but at 8am it's probably a little early so I'll have a double shot espresso to get me going for the day! ????

[Post New]by Pugmaster27 on Mar 11, 16 4:44 PM
I am way up there in the senior category. 79 in April, and I am playing two games my answer to not increasing my lives to five. Am in Shanghai on one and New York on the other and playing Amsterdam as of today. I think seniors at least in my case have plenty of time on their hands. I prefer staying home as often as I can and play many computer games. Thoroughly enjoy GD although New Orleans almost ended me and hear Los Angeles might actually do it. Don't like the latest change that causes your game to be completely become unseeable when the game ends. I think this was a bad move by GD as if you cant see how close you are your not going to invest in additional moves etc.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 11, 16 11:37 PM
I hadn't thought about that tug master but you a dead right, without thinking about it I had noticed the change but hadn't thought of the effect of not knowing how close you are to winning and whether or not to invest more coins on continuing. While fighting my way through Rio I really need whether to invest more or not. Because it is such an expensive city the choice is always no because I will accept I need more time as it is so costly to build the monuments! Lucky for me, I have time on my side.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Mar 12, 16 12:12 AM
Trav3lbird wrote:Hi appiel, hello from this senior in New Zealand! I wonder how many countries there are seniors slowly.making their way through countries via gummy drop? As I am currently in Rio I don't think I really want to visit there for real. I have been to a number of the cities on the list, I am waiting for them to visit down under!

Hello
I'm between 50 and 60 and I'm in France
Do you consider me as a senior ?
I love this game and play it on Iphone and Ipad since I have a Mac and this game is not developed for Mac ....... (it should be )
I'm not retired yet so I can't play a lot. I'm in New York on my Iphone and still in Sydney on my Ipad
Would like to visit New Zealand in Real Life. Already visited Sydney, SF, New York which I like them a lot (if my sentence is wrong let me know ..... my English is not fluent ... ). Would like to go to Tokyo, Rome and the other cities. Of course, I already know Paris .....
In Gummy Drop, I find New York very hard .....

Have all a nice week end

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Mar 12, 16 7:05 AM
Bienvenue Marie. Votre anglais, c'est mieux comments mon Francis!!

We will certainly count you as a Senior, but enjoy your 50's, they won't come again.
Just have a glass of that fine Bordeaux and the game gets much easier!!!

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Mar 12, 16 10:37 AM
Pug-M YEEESSSS when the game ends....bye, gone quick! I liked being able to see if buying 5 was a good thing or not!
Marie (with my bad French accent)-Welcome to our crew....we'll gladly claim you...cuz you'll get here quick enough..{sigh}
T-Bird if Rio costs me more than NOLA....oh my, I'll be outta luck! Relocating + 5 has been a help, gives me a second to pause and think...Nah!
Snoooowww-wow, What language! Better be careful talking like that! Lol ..hard to resist! No matter If it's a menu...
I cant impress with my accent, very Southern-US, most Engilish can't understand my English! Y'all!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 13, 16 8:39 PM
Just lost 3 sets of 5 lives today trying to get onto the next level in Rio I think it's 77 or somewhere near there - impossible and I inadvertently hit my last earthquake boost and used up 3 shovels all to no avail so I think I will get hubby to hide the iPad for a couple of days till I clam down or else it might be going over the fence!! And by the way, why when I try to put smiley things in my message do they just turn into question marks??

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Mar 18, 16 1:00 PM
Finished NOLA! That's New Orleans folks,...am I ever glad but of course the "daily" will make me revisit over and over, timed levels-letters. {scream-hi pitched } ... I don't know how much GD coinage was drained there it's shocking! I was keeping tabs until I went all in, extra lives, +5, boosts, whatever it took to get me thru and I became incredibly frustrated! Never have I been so...mad at a game? ...my best guestamate is $5,000 and more... Now moving on... (cuz I need to) Now, uh huh-em someone pleeeassee bring me a double whateva!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 19, 16 8:24 PM
Congrats Neena!!! Good luck with the next city, I am still struggling through Rio but have been distracted by wanting to earn coins so I have been re-visiting NY and have the bank balance looking vaguely healthy again.

[Post New]by bikinigirl on Mar 20, 16 3:57 PM
You guys are way ahead of me! I am still in New Orleans and I can't get past level 16. Any advice?

Go to: