I love the changes!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Re:I love the changes!

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jan 22, 16 1:17 PM
Armerige wrote:Hi BlazeDuskdreamer...
I started with 8 eight pointed stars and now have zero; 20 pole stars and now have 2; 14 grasping handles and now have 8 – and so on. In making complete rounds for level 69 I have yet to recoup even 1 of those items. Yes, I have received a few inventory items but not what I am forfeiting and certainly not any “rare” item.

This is pretty representative of the results people are getting, from what I've read in many threads.
So, hope you're still happy when you're having to do 10,000 HOS to get the coin you need to open JUST the areas in Cloud City because you won't be able to get coin by crafting & selling or selling inventory, cause you won't have any! And keep on being happy when you have to do 50,000 MORE HOS to get the inventory items you need to complete the levels, cause, guess what, you didn't get them from the HOS the first time (or the second, or the third,...).
Think I'm exaggerating? Wait til you get there. Levels 40-53 (where I am now) have been crushingly expensive! I made it through, hand to mouth, doing the rounds, crafting, & selling. Without inventory items from EVERY HOS, it would have been impossible.

Trolden
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by Trolden on Jan 22, 16 1:38 PM
Hmmm I dont really get what there is to love?

I just tried to do a daily quest in order to get more pet-tokens and I was short one item. All I got from the HoS was a shard!! - I don't get why anyone could be happy about a shard when you need an item. I am not a toplevel player either I am sitting at level 37.

I have closed my wishlist and will not be playing again for the time being this game I can predict will become either very frustrating or expensive to play. Hopefully this is reversed.

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Jan 22, 16 2:57 PM
I'm not loving this update at all. I'm only on level 26 so I'm pretty new. I need to continue to receive inventory. At tis point in the game, I don't care about Trina. She eats up shards and gives very little in return. I leave her quest completed and go to her several times a day just to collect flowers and play the slot machine...but I don't give her my items. My plan was to get to level 40-60, convert excess inventory that didn't seem to be requested much on wishlists into shards and then do my private room enhancement. I wanted to concentrate on advancement and helping my friends advance by gifting items they need. Now I need to re-think this.

After hours of play I only averaged1 item award in every 5 or 6 HOS I did. Mostly I rec'd 15 coins each time. And my shards aren't increasing that much with the drops.

I can't meet the all the daily quests in time because I'm not getting the items needed to finish them without spending bookoo diamonds. I've lost out on daily quests since this update by only missing 1 or 2 things.Very disappointing. Ii really want those pet medallions and the chests that little guys gives.

Gifting is becoming a problem now in both giving and receiving. I'm getting some PMs letting me know that inventory is getting low but please don't drop them as friends as they check every day and if there is a chance to gift, they will do so.... And it is hard, I too am getting low on some items but am gifting anyway.

This had caused me to purge my friend list. Those that I gave 4,5,6 times and never heard back or only heard maybe once, sorry, because of this new development I can't keep you. But I have some really loyal friends and we gift back and forth regularly.
To those friends...I'll say the same thing that some have said to me: Please don't cut me/ I'll give each time I can. And continue to gift the full daily allowable so long as I have what you need. There may be times you don't hear from me for days...but pls be patient with me since this new development in the game.

I have spent money on diamonds...I don't really want to spend a lot more money on them so that I can advance, collect items and gift friends. I hope they change this update to drop more items. I was having so much fun...before.

Janet #531868

Edited on 01/22/2016 at 2:58:41 PM PST

[Post New]by EllieBee6411 on Jan 22, 16 4:00 PM
I hate hate hate the changes. I finally leveled up to 19, which, although quite a low level, was a big deal after being stuck in the brimstone pit of boredom that was level 17 and 18.

I thought HURRAY! Now I can have some FUN.

WRONG.

Thanks for tee-teeing in my Wheaties, BF.

I should have learned after Dark Manor, but I guess I am stupid.

[Post New]by vikiBookWorm88 on Jan 22, 16 6:23 PM
by Musikfrosch on January 22, 12:14 PM
What makes me sad is that it would have been simple to implement changes in ways that help ALL players, instead in a way that takes away agency & fun for a good chunk of them. It isn't necessary to add the shard & coins as possible HOS drop only by removing/lowering the item drops. As many people have suggested, the shards & coins could have been added as randomized additional drops (like stamps or food), and perhaps even with higher numbers (5 shards instead of 1 etc.) so that the players who mainly look for shards and extra coins won't feel left out. The ones who are overwhelmed by the option to sell, hoard, or "shard" an item could just have let it sit in their inventory and play the HOS for the chance at extra shards/coins. The ones who like gifting others and hoarding items for later quests, and don't care as much about the shards or money aspect, could have their items. Both parties could be happy. I do not believe it is advisable to reward one play style over others, which is why I hope the the devs won't just roll back the update but make tweaks to it and fine-tune it so that both types of players feel satisfied. I believe that in this case, with some changes, it is indeed possible to BE 'fair' to everybody.

Well said Musikfrosch and I couldn't agree more.

As much as I dislike this update its not fair to those who are happy with it to just scrap it. But its also not fair for the rest of us who like to exchange gifts with friends and shoot through quests to have our inventory decimated.

Maybe the Devs can find a happy medium where the majority of players can have as much fun with MC as we've had in the past.

Or they could just scrap the update. I'd be pretty happy with that.

Edited on 01/23/2016 at 5:40:32 AM PST

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Jan 22, 16 7:08 PM
There is no win here, I used to be the bearer of glad tidings when updates created issues, including the the whole level 18 lockout and the bow figurine fiasco but this new update is idiotic on all fronts. Saying that you love it for the extra coins is just bad math, YOU ARE LOSING $$. Even from the devs point of view its idiotic. There is no point financially to this shift.

Am seriously hoping this was an error and they will fix it.

Blazedusk, you have been berated before on this forum and I have reached out to you but this time your optimism is unfounded as the math is the math. You are losing money either way. There is no way that this is a win. You are losing coins every time you get a 15 coin drop in an HOS.

We all know you already have to have the item in your inventory in order to complete a DQ which means newer players (and older players, like myself that only have so much time to play) will never have enough items to complete them.

Your optimism is admirable!! Your logic is flawed. Please know I am not bashing your opinion. This is simply a matter of fact, not opinion.

You are now getting less shards, less coin and less items.
Elaina

ajtho1
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by ajtho1 on Jan 22, 16 7:22 PM
BlazeDuskdreamer wrote:
cynththemoler wrote:I have a feeling BlazeDuskdreamer that after a while you too will not be liking this update when it all goes pear shaped for you; until then good luck to you, glad it is working out for you.

I would like to point out though that not all "the top levels are screaming that they already finished the content (because they have huge hoards of items), it wasn't long enough and they want more." are doing that; mostly it is "newbies" to the forum.
Those of us who have been here from the beginning are happy to circle and build up resources.

Also and they do so very frequently for an online game you really believe that? Sometimes we have waited months for an update which takes us up one level with maybe one new HOS; I would like more levels and more HOS to keep me occupied not more insane circling just to get a few measly coins and a few shards!

Months!? Many games make you wait a year or more. Months is nothing. When I get top level, I'll work on achievements and Trina's stuff and this new side quest thing. I do not see myself having a problem with this when I'm top level at all. If I do get bored between levels, I'll play some of their many other games. I'm kind of hoping they do another MC prequel -- but once I am at top level.

If this game should shut down -- and no I don't think this update will cause that as newer players are progressing faster now -- at least I'll still have an MC game to play.

Can you please explain how you think this update will help newer players progress faster? The Magic Shards are good for nothing except Trina's quests and the private room, while the 15 gold is worth the same or less than many of the inventory items we usually received from the HOS. That means that you are actually receiving LESS value per HOS played, not more; I fail to see how this would lead to faster progression?

It also is not just players at top level who are frustrated. I am currently at level 43 and my progress has slowed significantly in the 2 days since I did the 'upgrade'. It has made playing the game a lot less fun because building inventory for future quests is so much harder now, and I have a long way to go before I get anywhere near level 69.

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Jan 22, 16 8:15 PM
It is faster for a certain kind of playstyle; one geared towards moving to the higher levels as fast as possible.

If you are at a low-to-middle level, not interested in doing the achievements as you go, and are satisfied with only getting inventory as needed to advance, then yes, I can see where this would be slightly faster. For that playstyle, the major hurdle would be lack of coins, and this system would add coins to your stock faster than anything. It might also be useful to those interested in the Dice Game/Wheel of Fortune achievements for that reason.

The only other players I can see benefiting from this in the long run are those who are truly interested in the shard-gathering achievements; namely, the private room and Magic Miser. Thing is, the private room furniture, including the Christmas room, only takes 18,500 shards. What happens then? Even adding a Spring and/or Fall room won't require that many more shards. I can't see people taking on Wizard when there are fewer items to convert.

Trina quests? Keeping 200-400 shards on hand for Trina actually wasn't super hard if you were willing to disenchant inventory or trade off airship items or pet food. That's how I got Wizard. This update is likely to slow down Trina quests anyway, because people are going to be less likely to go to the ZZs when she calls for them, and more likely to run short of Postcards, because gifting will radically change.

Many of the other achievements are shot to heck. Daily Quests? Forget it; you'll never have the items. Without the Daily Quests, you'll be short on Pet Medallions, so there goes getting all the pets and the pet food crafting achievement. Speaking of crafting, how long will it take to do Master Crafter now, not to mention the timed crafting achievement? If you use your diamonds to open HOSs for progress, how will you achieve Market Master?

Positive and/or negative, we are likely going to be feeling the repercussions of this switch for a long time, and in ways we probably can't even predict yet.

Edited on 01/22/2016 at 8:17:08 PM PST

BooBoo9339
Herring
Herring
323 Posts

[Post New]by BooBoo9339 on Jan 22, 16 9:09 PM
I just finished a request for an item from the Trade Machine......it required 3 sectary signs 15 gold each, 45 total, 3 ringing silvers 30 gold each, 90 total and 3 light asgard 30 gold each, 90 total. Grand total value is 225 gold and guess what I got?

One pet food worth 80 gold.

The people that are warning those of you who like the update about losing inventory are so correct. It made me think how long would this take me when my inventory is gone.

Three of each item in one zz in bad enough. Even two in a zz is hard to take. You new players have no idea how long it will take you to do even one zz like this when you get to higher levels. You newbies should hopefully understand that we are trying to help you.

We should be united in this.

I love this game and hate that when my inventory is depleted I may throw in the towel. I've looked forward to it every day.

If the devs needed to find a way to encourage us to buy more diamonds then they should have spent their time fixing the flawed tournament. I always bought diamonds for that. And it was optional, I didn't have to buy the diamonds to advance.

I want my MC back!
Boo

Edited on 01/22/2016 at 9:18:29 PM PST

robB1
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by robB1 on Jan 23, 16 12:10 AM
I'm utterly bemused as to why anyone would think this update provides an advantage?

As his been said ENDLESSLY by others, the addition of 1 (ONE) shard or 15 coins to a HOS actually means that the reward from doing most scenes has been REDUCED. These are not "extra" coins. All that has happened is that the game now removes that ability to choose to sell or not, and in the process gives you less reward for the privilege.

You may or may not like the new gameplay. That's a matter of opinion. However, there is no advantage to players in this, either new or old. That's not opinion, that's FACT.

Think, people, please!!

50MAD
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by 50MAD on Jan 23, 16 12:16 AM
robB1 wrote:I'm utterly bemused as to why anyone would think this update provides an advantage?

As his been said ENDLESSLY by others, the addition of 1 (ONE) shard or 15 coins to a HOS actually means that the reward from doing most scenes has been REDUCED. These are not "extra" coins. All that has happened is that the game now removes that ability to choose to sell or not, and in the process gives you less reward for the privilege.

You may or may not like the new gameplay. That's a matter of opinion. However, there is no advantage to players in this, either new or old. That's not opinion, that's FACT.

Think, people, please!!

I have been thinking the same thing
I guess we live in world where nobody uses his/her brains anymore!

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

[Post New]by crusader50 on Jan 23, 16 8:00 AM
50MAD wrote:
robB1 wrote:I'm utterly bemused as to why anyone would think this update provides an advantage?

Think, people, please!!

I have been thinking the same thing
I guess we live in world where nobody uses his/her brains anymore!

So spot on....people don't use their brains or don't know simple math and don't want choices.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jan 23, 16 8:26 AM
I am glad to see folk in an uproar obout freedom getting sniped form them...and wanting to voice that fact.......the game now is less free than it was before this update........and i live in a country that is founded upon freedom......and to have a flow and then have that flow boxed all the sudden.....well it becomes a ticking thing that blevees into a really big reaction...........and I really hope the devs are listening.......Give the Freedom back to our game please..... **D**

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Jan 23, 16 8:42 AM
Well said, D!! and how about letting us play the game? I am at level 69, haven't finished the quests because the few items the folks are asking for I'm doing hos for them and trying to use them to get A DQ completed which probably won't happen. This update has made the game impossible to play unless you are just starting out.

Eliana

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 23, 16 8:48 AM
(Some may argue but), I am a grown woman and I enjoyed the strategy of managing my inventory... That part of the game, I felt WAS strategic... I made my own decisions....., if I didn't like what I did the day or week before, I fixed it with the rounds... whether to do Trina, or DQ's, or character quests. or gifting or selling/sharding.. all played into that strategy on how I managed my inventory.... little here, little there, and round and round the HO's ... the lack of inventory changes the strategy... no Trina, no DQ's, no selling/sharding, almost no gifting... Took all the real challenge out of it.... not real challenging to manage nothing.... The HO's I did thousands of times became mindless... and now the game has, in my opinion, too... so nope, NOT loving the changes....

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jan 23, 16 9:34 AM
I'd like to correct something, at least correct it in terms of my experience with the update. Someone near the beginning of the thread said that people at level 69 don't have any "find" quests. That used to be true. Once you finished the quests that move the story along, that was it. You had to use whatever you had in your inventory to do the daily quests because the find doesn't work for daily quests.

However, the find works for the new side quests. Try it. I've been using it for the past three days and it's never failed me. I'm still working on the story update and I've noticed that when completing an HOS for one of the side quests, I've received an inventory item I needed for one of the story quests. Not always. Sometimes I get coins or a shard, but often when it's an inventory item, it's one I actually need.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

[Post New]by crusader50 on Jan 23, 16 10:36 AM
Hope everyone who said they are loving the changes still love them or have you gotten frustrated like the majority of us? No inventory, a puny 15 extra coins and basically useless shards how will that work when you have to open up new areas that cost arms and legs. Your friends won't be able to help because they need stuff so it is a no win situation.
All I can say is I am now finally have a life again without this game and am very happy and stress free.
Good luck everyone

[Post New]by shotgunred2 on Jan 23, 16 6:24 PM
I am at level 34. With this update I do not see any advance to going any higher. As an Ex-Sailor I would be using sailor verbiage to say how I dislike the change, but that is not allowed in the forums. I understand there are pros and cons to this update. Putting my two-cents in I have not found many pros. I feel that I am in the vast majority who feel this did nothing to enhance the playing of this game. My wife is also a MC player on level 67, and Boy is she POed about the changes. Thanks for reading my opinion. Shotgunred2 Wife Redrose70

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jan 23, 16 6:47 PM
shotgunred2 wrote:I am at level 34. With this update I do not see any advance to going any higher. As an Ex-Sailor I would be using sailor verbiage to say how I dislike the change, but that is not allowed in the forums. I understand there are pros and cons to this update. Putting my two-cents in I have not found many pros. I feel that I am in the vast majority who feel this did nothing to enhance the playing of this game. My wife is also a MC player on level 67, and Boy is she POed about the changes. Thanks for reading my opinion. Shotgunred2 Wife Redrose70

I am a Coast Guard vet........and I do too as you know some lingo to use.....LOL....cheers Shotgun......will send a token of sailor to sailor to in the a.m.....next gifting time for me......look around 7 pst or so........put a daisy of a peach up.....like any craft you need...... cheers **D@NgeR** out

Go to: