TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 21, 16 3:48 PM
Desertdruid wrote:Actually, the only way to opt out was to never enter the game (or ANY BF game) again. That's not exactly a choice. It's "do it the way we say or leave now.".

I read the new Terms of Use at the time I was asked to accept them. You must have missed this part:

Procedure to Opt Out of Arbitration Provision. You may opt out of this arbitration provision only by written Notice via U.S. Mail, or by any nationally recognized delivery service (e.g., UPS, Federal Express, etc.) to Big Fish, Attn: Legal Department, at 333 Elliott Avenue West, Suite 200, Seattle, WA, 98119. You must send such Notice within thirty (30) days of your acceptance of these Terms of Use. You must sign and date the Notice, and include in it your name, address, and a clear statement that you do not wish to resolve disputes with Big Fish through arbitration. If you do not follow this procedure by your thirty (30) day deadline to do so, then you and Big Fish shall both be bound by the terms of this section entitled Dispute Resolution by Binding Arbitration.

So it's not too late for people to opt out and reserve the right to sue if that's what they want.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jan 21, 16 3:49 PM
Well spotted and said Rosie

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 21, 16 3:53 PM
beezelbom wrote:I am not at as high a level as many that have posted on this thread but I am just
as pissed! 15 stinking coins instead of 50 and no inventory items, well that is
completely ridiculous. .

The 15 coins is in lieu of the inventory item. You still receive the 50 coins for doing the hidden object scene.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 21, 16 3:54 PM
Rosie.. two and a snap!!!!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jan 21, 16 4:01 PM
This is from the notification of the update to IOS players from the MC page..

**NOTE** There has been a slight change to Hidden Object Scenes, and you can now find coins and shards searching them at times, as well as objects. Don't worry though! If an item is needed for a quest, simply use the 'Find' button on the quest, and you should still receive and item from the scene, usually the needed one
wink emoticon
. Items will also still drop from scenes when searching regularly, but sometimes shard or coins will drop instead.

My guess, the changed was based on where the average MC player is and those playing patterns.

Maybe people were leaving the game at earlier levels because it was too difficult to obtain coins for opening new areas?

The players who post on the forum are for the most part very dedicated to the game.

But the developer needs to consider where the bulk of their players are.. so, it probably made sense from a business side.

Over the past year, we've seen many a FTP game fold because they weren't built to make money and entertain.

fbf6751
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by fbf6751 on Jan 21, 16 4:14 PM
as a new player as I am only lvl 41 it is hard to get gold to lvl but having only 15 gold drop is a joke when at higher lvls items sell for +25 or more you sell the items or get shards same just go back to dropping items , if we need gold and we will sell them ,as for the rest I have seen no new quests ,I will now just log do my quest ho's and that is it

Edited on 01/21/2016 at 10:16:00 PM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jan 21, 16 4:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to drop by to provide some clarification regarding the recent adjustment to the drop rates for the Hidden Object scenes. Coins and shards are not completely replacing inventory items. It is still possible to receive an inventory item, but coins and shards are now in the mix as well.

As for the reference to the recent update to the Big Fish Games Big Fish Terms of Use, this is unrelated to game updates, like the one for Midnight Castle. While you're free to opt out, Big Fish believes arbitration is beneficial to our customers as well, because it enables a neutral arbitrator to help both the customer as well as the company resolve disputes in a faster, more efficient and more cost effective way for everyone involved. We apologize for any confusion or concern this may have caused.

In order to adhere to the Forum Rules, we ask for this discussion to remain focused on Midnight Castle. If there are any additional questions regarding the Terms of Use, they can be directed towards Customer Support.

I'm also highlighting the following rules:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Keep posts family-friendly. Posts that contain defamatory, explicit, obscene, threatening, or offensive content will be removed.

Thank you for your understanding, and do know that your feedback is being shared with the appropriate teams.

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jan 21, 16 4:34 PM
bfgWaimea, I don't know if you play the game or not but I though I'd try to clarify the inventory drop rate problem. Before the update, we got an inventory item, 50 coins, airship or pet food item from HOS. Now, sometimes the inventory item is replaced with 15 coins...so for that particular HOS scene, the reward would be 15 coins, 50 coins, airship and/or pet food item. Same with the shard...the shard is rewarded in place of the inventory item with the 50 coins, airship and/or pet food.

As a sample, I played 32 HOSs and listed the rewards. As the primary reward, I received 13 inventory items, 16 of the 15 coins and 3 shards. The drop rate of the inventory items in my sample was reduced by half. So in those 19 HOSs, the inventory item was completely replaced by 15 coins or 1 shard.

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

[Post New]by crusader50 on Jan 21, 16 4:53 PM
Oh how I hate the update. Have barely played today and when I did it was SO awful that I immediately left. I am getting diddle squat of items and mostly coins/shards which are driving me nuts.

I think I will stick with stamp swapping only until the DEVs come to their senses as I am running low on inventory and I need it myself.

Sorry if I offended anyone, I just can't stand it anymore and I am ready to march out of this game very soon.

Cindy/crusader cat grumbling in her corner

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jan 21, 16 4:55 PM
Hi whitebutterfly54,

Thank you for writing in. I apologize for any confusion here, which seems to be rooted in semantics.

We are in agreement as far as your description of what is now happening in the game.

What the moderation team is pointing out is that now you also have the chance to receive additonal coins and shards. However, inventory items are not being completely replaced as it is still possible to receive your example of an inventory item, 50 coins, and an airship or pet food item. The point is, your chances of receiving an inventory item are lessened overall, but now you also have the chance of receiving additional coins and shards.

We see that many players would like to have things go back to the way they were, but we also see that other players welcome the opportunity to receive coins and shards. As in the past, feedback in these forums are valued and are taken into consideration when adjustments to the game are made.

bfgWaimea

Edited on 01/21/2016 at 4:55:47 PM PST

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jan 21, 16 5:07 PM
Why then could it not be that the shard and extra coin be added to the other three "regulars"........the HOS item....the airship item.....coins....as regular....and then random items being stamps shards food, extra coin.......KEEP the regular three....just randomize the other three.........easie peezie......

Edited on 01/21/2016 at 5:09:46 PM PST

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Jan 21, 16 5:12 PM
bfgWaimea wrote:
What the moderation team is pointing out is that now you also have the chance to receive additonal coins and shards. However, inventory items are not being completely replaced as it is still possible to receive your example of an inventory item, 50 coins, and an airship or pet food item. The point is, your chances of receiving an inventory item are lessened overall, but now you also have the chance of receiving additional coins and shards.

We see that many players would like to have things go back to the way they were, but we also see that other players welcome the opportunity to receive coins and shards. As in the past, feedback in these forums are valued and are taken into consideration when adjustments to the game are made.

bfgWaimea

The real problem is, that it isnt additional coins or shards at all...we always had the option to sell our HOS item or disenchant...and many of these items were worth more than 15 coins and some were worth more than 1 shard....so we are not even getting an even trade off if this is something we thought was great...for players that didnt need coins, but wanted the ability to do Daily Quests(not to mention Trina when she wants you to open 20 ZZ's at a time) and needing these HOS items in mass to do these quests...what are we to do now...be forced to buy all the items needed to complete DQ...that is not an option for many of us...so basically this just takes away the fun of trying to get these much needed items...cant find any enjoyment out of getting an extra lousy 15 coins...it was bad enough when I would keep getting endless Harpys Feathers, but at least I could choose to sell or shard it...and if I wanted to sell it...guess what it was worth 25 coins!!! So yes for everyone that thinks this is a good thing...in doing just that HOS you potentially lost 10 coins!

beezelbom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by beezelbom on Jan 21, 16 6:15 PM
When bfgWaimea wrote his post he explained it as "inventory items are not COMPLETELY replaced" the key here is the wording - meaning they are mostly replaced but not completely. Yes it is semantics, but trying to explain it this way is totally misleading and it appears deliberate. Someone decided that if they eliminated the excess inventory items that we have been collecting and gifting they could make more money. See, if you can't get the extra items you can't save up for future quests. Therefore, you will buy more jewels to use because you will be frustrated by having to constantly wait for HOS to recharge. It is always, always about the money, and this is the type of thinking that all of the young fresh from college idiots have. To bad because this type of thinking is what has destroyed many a prosperous business, placing profits above customers. Refusing to see that without customers you will have no profits. Big Fish is not the developer but the developer pays BFG to sell their game or they give them a percentage of the royalty's, and I am sure BFG gets a percentage of the money from jewel and gold sales. So it is in their own best interests to cover and make excuses for the developer.

[Post New]by vikiBookWorm88 on Jan 21, 16 6:15 PM
I can't agree more with Bedazzles.

On the surface the 1/20 update might seem like an improvement and increase your coin and shard amounts, but its not.

Before the update you could disenchant items for more than one shard or sell an item for more than just 15 coins. Basically now the devs are deciding for you which items you get to keep, which become a shard and which are sold for 15 coins. And I hate that!! I like to choose what happens to my items!!

This update is a completely ridiculous waste of time. And while some people seem to like the changes, as bfgWaimera mentioned, there are so many more who hate it. I don't know how changes are decided for MC but this one time I hope majority rules.

anath_q
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by anath_q on Jan 21, 16 6:54 PM
bfgWaimea wrote:Hi whitebutterfly54,

Thank you for writing in. I apologize for any confusion here, which seems to be rooted in semantics.

We are in agreement as far as your description of what is now happening in the game.

bfgWaimea

Actually, inventory items ARE being replaced. I am running at over 90% chance of getting gold/shard instead of an item. This pretty much eliminates gifting and playing many of the daily quests from my game once what little inventory I have gets used up.

Additionally, the 15 gold is often less than the value of the item that used to drop, so I am losing gold...and the shard is worthless to me.

This is a no-win change for me. There are other ways to promote gem/gold sales within the game without destroying the HOS reward system that allowed 2 key game features - gifting and daily quests - to be possible.

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Jan 21, 16 6:55 PM
Well I guess I'm in the Minority.....as usual here.

I downloaded the update (without checking the Forum out first) and to be honest I find it to be fun and refreshing!

I've had NO problems with Inventory dropping......it seems to drop in every second scene and at least I'm not tied down to doing ONE task for one Avatar!

Once you've finished with someone.....you can continue to earn the 'Destiny Key' by doing little duties for them. And this gives you some room to pick and choose.

After just spinning my wheels on Level 68.....for what seemed an eternity....this...to me anyway is a breath of fresh air!

And NO I don't belong to the 'Millionaires Club'.....nor do I think I ever will but I seem to have gotten through (so far) without breaking the bank.

I don't know what direction this game is taking......or as some suggest the Developers are simply trying to faze it out but I'll keep playing as long as they keep giving us something.

To each his own.........

Happy Gaming........EVERYONE!
TeeCee

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 21, 16 6:55 PM
I don't understand how we can keep getting, what feels like, a pat on the head and told we are getting something when we are LOSING one of our most VALUABLE assets... our HO items... The HO items I have that I SELL are 25-90 gold coins.. the HO items I shard, are the cheap 15 gold coins (but NEVER the rare ones!!!!!!!!!!)....

PLEASE explain how I am GAINING coins... when it's a LOSS of 10 to 75 gold coins???? HOW is that helping me???? I would LOVE to know how that helps ANYone....

If someone is standing in line, and the person in front of you says, here, I'll give you 15 dollars.. OR... you can take this item and sell it for 25-90 dollars to the person behind you... let me think about that.. hmmm... take the $15 or spend an extra second or two and sell the item to the person behind me for profit... gosh, decisions, decisions... I just don't know what to do... apparently, I need the devs to decide for me...

[Post New]by FuzzbrainDribble on Jan 21, 16 7:00 PM
Well said, VikiBookWorm!

I think those few people who don't mind the update (and I have only seen three) perhaps don't realize that the inventory items were often worth more to disenchant or exchange for coins rather than the one shard and the 15 coins that they've been replaced with.

Also, if you did the rounds of HOS you would end up with a lot of excess of items which could be exchanged because you didn't need those items for zz or crafting as often as other items. Now you are not only losing the excess items but you are also losing the ability to obtain items that you might need for a future quest a couple of steps ahead of time. Progress is now at a snails pace for me, particularly as I've now had a broken find path twice for an item I needed in a main quest.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jan 21, 16 7:08 PM
FuzzbrainDribble wrote:Well said, VikiBookWorm!

Also, if you did the rounds of HOS you would end up with a lot of excess of items which could be exchanged because you didn't need those items for zz or crafting as often as other items. Now you are not only losing the excess items but you are also losing the ability to obtain items that you might need for a future quest a couple of steps ahead of time. Progress is now at a snails pace for me, particularly as I've now had a broken find path twice for an item I needed in a main quest.

But how many people are actually able to do multiple rounds a day?

I've read over and over of people crafting to sell to get coins to continue playing.. only to run out of stamps or other items that end up being needed...

I think this is meant to keep people moving at a steady pace.. to ultimately reduce the amount of frustration for those costly levels..

Before, people could really bulk up their inventories if they were at the highest level and did rounds while waiting for content.. but once the content came, how much fun was it really?

And as far as gifting, I do think that will take a hit. I have a feeling we'll mostly see gifting during the events.

So I do see both sides.. guess just trying to look at it from the developers side to try to understand their reasoning.

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Jan 21, 16 7:09 PM
It seems to me that there are only 11 people playing this game. That is exactly how many people have posted their opinions on the Midnight Castle Reviews. Ask yourselves if you have put your review in there. Although I did not count how many different people posted on this thread, I believe it might have been more than 11.

If you like it, Post it. If you don't like it. Post it. I recently read that a poster should not have put their bad review of the game because it was tedious and boring, on the forum thread, but should have put it in the review section. Please follow your own advice. I already did.

I have done the entire castle HOS's and a few select others and received the same as the rest of you. Mostly 15 coins, the random shard, and only a quarter of the items that should have been received. So I stopped the HOS's and did the special quests only. Boring and tedious is exactly what I felt doing just the special quests for keys. In fact I was so bored, I quit MC and went to play a game that I had purchased. At least that was interesting. I love MC but I can't do boring and tedious all the time.

Sadie

Go to: