Chocolatier 4!!!!

education69
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

Re:Chocolatier 4!!!!

[Post New]by education69 on Mar 27, 12 7:17 AM
Okay, some of you are probably going to kill me for this, but what if they are making a 4th edition of the Chocolatier series and it's for the Wii. That's right just like Mystery Case Files did with Malgrave Incident. A Wii version of Chocolatier. It could work.

Here are my ideas for it. Set it in 1970's like I already mentioned in an earlier post, and give it a multiplayer option where players can either work together to increase their chocolate-making skills and advance the story and their composite score or work against each other to advance themselves either through legitimate tactics like making better chocolates and making them faster or through illegitimate tactics like sabotaging the other players' factories or products. What do you think? Could this work?

Playfirst would have to negotiate some sort of deal with Nintendo for it, but hey it would be a win-win situation for all.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Aug 5, 12 11:59 AM
education69 wrote:Okay, some of you are probably going to kill me for this, but what if they are making a 4th edition of the Chocolatier series and it's for the Wii. That's right just like Mystery Case Files did with Malgrave Incident. A Wii version of Chocolatier. It could work.

Here are my ideas for it. Set it in 1970's like I already mentioned in an earlier post, and give it a multiplayer option where players can either work together to increase their chocolate-making skills and advance the story and their composite score or work against each other to advance themselves either through legitimate tactics like making better chocolates and making them faster or through illegitimate tactics like sabotaging the other players' factories or products. What do you think? Could this work?

Playfirst would have to negotiate some sort of deal with Nintendo for it, but hey it would be a win-win situation for all.

Considering I don't own a Wii and don't play games on no no Wii, I fail to see how I end up on the winning side of this. Why not make a pc version too? Not profitable enough? I seriously doubt that, and even if so, there I thought game companies care about a bit more than just the money.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Aug 5, 12 12:02 PM
Bellsprout wrote:I just signed the petition, number 54. I also went to the PlayFirst site and wrote them an email asking about a new Chocolatier. I'll let you all know if I get a response from that.

Thanks!
They have been ignoring us in this matter for about 3 years at least, it's a mystery to me
[and very bad customers' service too!]

Chocolatier: Sweet Society

[Post New]by dragonskr57 on Aug 8, 12 7:52 PM
Sell Sweet Society to the public, is there anyone out there that loves this game who wouldn't buy it???? Even if this is that last one, it would be so nice to add it to my collection. Decadence by Design was by far the best, each time I start over, I make some changes in what I do and create something even better than the last game. I love this game to the point that when I retire in a few years, I will start my own business and add chocolates to our line of products. We have been putting together our own recipies just like in the game and we have very tasty creations that our friends and family really enjoy. So, can you please make this game for the PC and MACs and I would be very happy to add this one to my collection. Don't you all want to buy this one too?????!!!

[Post New]by swisscheese1 on Aug 10, 12 3:10 PM
I hated Sweet Society. I'd rather see a follow-through for Decadence by Design.

[Post New]by kalgoorliegal on Sep 28, 12 6:37 PM
I have been watching the forums to see if anyone knows "when or if" there is going to be a 4th Chocolatier.. in all the games that I have have surveyed this series is ONE of the most enjoyable games that I have played (over and over again) Please Please ask the developers to make a 4th game, I love the games within games.
I will keep looking here and hopefully one day soon????

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Sep 28, 12 6:45 PM
I've heard nothing about Playfirst making a new Chocolatier but I DID read that they're making a second of the shoot off, The Great Chocolate Chase.

KitSeason
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by KitSeason on Oct 10, 12 12:18 PM
Don't want to cause too much disappointment, but the chocolatier games were created by Big Splash Games, who worked with PlayFirst to market the games. PlayFirst has recently sent out an email saying it's changing its focus. The Big Splash Games site hasn't had any "Latest News" since 2009. My understanding is that the developers already had jobs in other gaming companies and the Chocolatier series were mainly an experiment for them to enter the casual game market.

It seems unlikely at this point they'll be getting back together to create a new Chocolatier game.

Shelbot77
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Shelbot77 on Jun 9, 13 12:35 AM
Like in Decadence by Design, if another installment of Chocolatier does come out I too hope, they let us do much more of the creating, that was totally one of my favorite parts of the third installment.

Ichthys
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Ichthys on Jan 18, 14 8:58 PM
Maybe Chocolatier 4's gameplay can have an added element of speech and interacting with other characters, a la Walking Dead or Wolf Among Us by Telltale Games!

[Post New]by Coraline_S on Feb 1, 14 5:44 AM
What about "Kickstarter"?? let's use it to make new chocolatier real at last!!

Jools_99
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Jools_99 on Mar 14, 14 9:00 PM
I so wish for a Chocolatier 4.

These games are the only ones I go back and play over and over.

Please let there been a new one in the making. Or someone take over the concept of this game.

[Post New]by judyare11 on May 2, 14 2:52 PM
any news on Choc 4?? I love this game, I mean LOVE this game and want more. What in the heck is taking so darn long?? LOL!!

jmb1363
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by jmb1363 on Jun 22, 14 7:19 AM
If they ever come out with a Chocolatier 4 (which I doubt they will after all this time), here is a few things I would like to see....

They ability to create more of our own chocolates. Would also like to periodically get an option to go back and change something you have already made.

Different shapes for the exotics....get tired of the stars

New ingredients....marshmallow would be good, maybe pineapple, bananas (we had those in 2 but they disappeared in 3), instead of just 'mint', gives us peppermint, wintergreen, spearmint...bigger selection would be wonderful!!

Get rid of the coffees...hate those. Keep the mini games they have in DBD, but maybe add a new one...like a match 3 type of game.

[Post New]by belzedar420 on Aug 17, 14 3:40 PM
I wanna play the first ones where can I get them I cant seem to buy them from big fish now

KitSeason
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by KitSeason on Sep 5, 14 1:31 PM
The original designer of the series, Jon Blossom, now works for NASA so probably doesn't have a lot of time to be working on a new Chocolatier. He has actually done quite a bit since the last Chocolatier, but none related to this project. You can check out his profile by doing a search on g*gle

Crickettt
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by Crickettt on Sep 17, 14 12:34 PM
I doubt there will ever be another one. I still play all three of these. Of course the ast one is the best, and they ll drag a bit in the middle, but it is still fun. After many times playing I can STILL look up and it is 4:00 AM and time has flown. I love these games and they sure are worth trying to find. It does seem like BF doesn't have this one anymore, for sure.

shamashe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by shamashe on Oct 26, 14 10:23 PM
HI all! Being an avid chocolatier series fan, I was pretty upset when I couldn't download the 2nd and 3rd series on my upgraded Mac. Of course I contacted Big Fish about why i could no longer access the games I have paid for and played for so long…

BF was cool, but after pressing them, I found out that there is a contractual problem with the developers and Choc 2 and 3 are no longer available and have been pulled from the market. I have located them in a couple of sites, but they are selling at premier prices and I'm not familiar with the sites, so I haven't repurchased them. Amazon sells them, but only for PC's or only Choc 2 for Macs.

Even though we have all been told that Choc 4 would be released last Spring, clearly it isn't going to be released at all. Play First will not respond - even in person - and Big Fish is doing nothing but "sorry!"

I tried Winemaker, but it has a glitch, so that's a Career Mode no go and I agree with someone else here, it controls the action too much. Playing it on Free Mode is fine, but there's no challenge to it. BF was great about helping with Winemaker, but they have no comment at all about Choc.

So - does anybody have more recent info.? I have played the original so many times I am now speed playing it, but like any game, it too gets boring. If anybody with any clout is reading this - Please, please, please reinstate the Chocolatier series. Fix the contract dispute and let us have our games back! Better yet, make a 4th series. So many of us have written in such great suggestions - just use one of them!

P.S. PF told me some time ago, that "The Great Choc Chase" and "Sweet Society" were not written by the same developer as the series.

[Post New]by xena77 on Dec 5, 14 8:15 PM
HEY YAL! Just curious as to why we can't get Chocolatier 1 and 2... I miss those games!

123Deano
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by 123Deano on Jan 5, 15 9:22 PM
AnnBy wrote:Big Fish doesn't develop the Chocolatier series. That would best be taken up with Playfirst.

Actually, the Chocolatier games have been developed by a man named Jon Blossom, who works for BigSplashGames.com.
If you join www.linkedin.com, you can post messages to Mr Blossom. Although he probably won't reply.
I have posted dozens of messages to him, and he hasn't responded to any of them.
It seems like they are extremely secretive about their game production at BigSplashGames.
Hopefully, if they get enough posts about the possibility of a hocolatier 4 game, something will happen.

Go to: