peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Feb 16, 16 4:40 PM
gemebau wrote:I got to the bonus chapter with no problems,but can't collect the final piece in the HOP to get the spoon. Have tried everything. Hint button shows what to collect but won't let me take it

I'm having the same issue gemebau, can't pick up last item. Grrrrr!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by gallica2 on Feb 17, 16 11:29 AM
running el cap OS 10.11.3--game will not load and have tried all bfg suggestions. is there a fix coming soon for mac users? looks like a gr8 game...

Edited on 02/17/2016 at 8:06:26 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 18, 16 10:23 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to talk about the technical problems people have been experiencing. When people encounter a tech issue, we suggest taking a look at our help articles for troubleshooting steps. The help article below has a variety of troubleshooting steps that can resolve these kinds of issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If people are still experiencing problems, we encourage contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Not only can our Reps provide further troubleshooting steps, but they also have the tools to gather data on and report problems, and are always happy to help.

I also understand there's some question about an update for this game. We're aware that there's been an issue playing the game on Mac computers, and the Forum Moderation Team is making sure to pass these posts along to the right teams. While the Moderation Team isn't given advanced information on future updates, once that information is made available we'll absolutely post in the forums. Thank you for your patience.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 02/18/2016 at 10:24:18 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by soquelcalifornia on Feb 18, 16 4:05 PM
Not working on EITHER Mac: 10.7.5 and El Capitan.

Bugger and poop.

Cynkee
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Won't start at all!

[Post New]by Cynkee on Feb 19, 16 8:45 AM
Mac OS, El Capitan. Doesn't even start, just immediately goes to crash report. And I already paid for it .... refund?

[Post New]by familyrules908 on Feb 19, 16 12:50 PM
[size=18]I am using a mac and I can't get the game to open up at all. I bought the game and have yet to play the game. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My game goes right to crash report and that's it.

Edited on 02/19/2016 at 12:52:07 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 19, 16 1:32 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you to all who have taken the time to post about the issues they're encountering. The Forum Moderation Team is continuing to pass this information about the Mac issue to the right teams, and we appreciate everyone's patience. If people are encountering trouble opening the game on their Mac, we highly recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are able to gather data on issues, in order to pass it along to the appropriate teams, and are always happy to help as best they can. They can also offer troubleshooting steps, as well as issue replacements, or even refunds, if needed.

If people would also like to try troubleshooting steps from our help articles, the following has specific steps for Mac computers:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

slaflamme
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by slaflamme on Feb 21, 16 12:39 PM
peeshee_1951 wrote:
gemebau wrote:I got to the bonus chapter with no problems,but can't collect the final piece in the HOP to get the spoon. Have tried everything. Hint button shows what to collect but won't let me take it

I'm having the same issue gemebau, can't pick up last item. Grrrrr!

I am also having the stamp problem. Can't finish the game without the spoon. AARRRGGGG!!!!!

[Post New]by PDBach on Feb 23, 16 5:22 AM
My scissors are gone and I can't get the net near the end of the game. So disappointed. Any suggestions?

cobra415
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

No scissors for Net!!

[Post New]by cobra415 on Feb 23, 16 12:38 PM
I also am having a problem with the scissors for the net,went to go get it and my
inventory was empty,very frustrating! Hint button doesn't work either. Cant finish the game!! We need an update.
Windows 8.1

Edited on 02/23/2016 at 12:41:43 PM PST

azrt
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by azrt on Feb 23, 16 3:58 PM
azrt wrote:
handyfr wrote:Running Windows 8.1. Game closed down a couple of times at the beginning, but cleared up after a few times. I've reached the end without any more problems, EXCEPT I have to get the net and my scissors have disappeared from my inventory. So now I can't finish the main game!!!

I have the same issue-If I can't finish a game- especially a collectors edition- I am asking for my money back. BF NEVER seems to fix the problems when I have had them. Its so frustrating-I have had so many games not work especially in the last year. One would think the developers would improve w/time.

Update- Still the same issue- no response from developers or big fish from forum comments- I waited 4-5 days to see if fix happened. Nothing. So I contacted Customer Svc via email-got email they received and 4 days later still no reply!

[Post New]by oneofoakind on Feb 23, 16 10:48 PM
I bought this game and get the game to work please refund my money

Delorean01
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Delorean01 on Feb 23, 16 11:07 PM
Was very pleased to see an update for my MAC but although I can open the game,it is all squashed up, not a full screen.. is it just me?

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on Feb 24, 16 7:11 AM
I have clicked every single spot on the stupid stamp in the hutch in the bonus game and still can't get it to move. I am running on Windows 8 and have had few problems up to this point. I am most frustrated with this game!

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 24, 16 11:09 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the technical issues people have been experiencing. I understand that inventory items have been disappearing for some people. For this problem, and the others described here, I recommend reading the help article I've included below. It has versatile steps that can be applied to a variety of situations, including ones like these:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Delorean01, I'm sorry to hear that the screen has been appearing strangely since installing the update. I encourage taking a look at the following help article, which has steps that can address display issues on Macs:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

azrt, I understand you contacted our Support Team but haven't yet received a response. Our Reps have recently received an unusually high number of emails, and so are a little behind on their normal response time. However, I can assure you that they're working hard to get back to everyone as quickly as they can. If you receive any automated messages, and your issue hasn't been resolved, please reply. This will save your place in line, and ensure that you receive a personalized response from a Representative.

If people still are seeing problems, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to help troubleshoot, and can also provide replacements, and even refunds, if needed.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Delorean01
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Delorean01 on Feb 24, 16 9:28 PM
Thanks for your prompt response.

Unfortunately, I am still unable to see the game properly so will need to go through the Tech Support Team. That's two games now that I'm having issues with, the other being Dark Romance: The Swan Sonata.....so frustrating as I am loving both games.

puzzler46
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by puzzler46 on Mar 10, 16 8:23 PM
I am running Win 10 and after the first few scenes, I lost the sound of the voices - all I get are subtitles. I have not seen anyone posting this so am wondering if that is how the game is supposed to run without sound.

[Post New]by BGees2 on Mar 14, 16 1:56 PM
Running PC Windows 10. Got all the way to the bonus game and cannot pick up the final stamp. I've hit hint 5 times and it tells me what to pick up, but I can't pick it up. I cannot finish this game without that spoon.

I don't post very often which is why I'm still a Sea Anemone. I deliberately purchase the collector editions for access to the Strategy guide, but it's of no use because they don't go into detail on the HOP. I've checked to see if there is a update yet and nothing.

I've been a BFG member for several years and have been noticing more games have glitches these days. The QA needs to improve quality of testing on all operating systems. For the price I'm paying for these games (all collector edition), they should be working without having to contact help continuously.

[Post New]by mel_45 on Mar 16, 16 12:33 PM
I am on the Bonus game and I can not pick up the Stamp on the Hutch of the HOP game. It shows me the Stamp shape and when I click on it nothing happens. I have left the HOP game and then came back and still can not get it. This is Bad because I can not go any further in the game at this point. I need to get the spoon that finishing the HOP will give me to open the Grate behind the couch. HELP-HELP
signed-MEL

[Post New]by Bob_Villa on Mar 20, 16 7:28 AM
Hi,

I am currently playing the Bonus round for this game and seem to have discovered a bug in the Hidden Object puzzle located in the Coffee Room. The last object in the puzzle (a stamp shaped object located in the bottom right of cabinet) is not clickable. Even after using the Hint button to clearly identify the object, I cannot click it to proceed with the game. I am running Windows 7 SP1.

Go to: