Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 10:09 AM
darkstarr wrote:
Eugene_Duranin wrote:BTW. After you'll finish storyline you'd be able to get a bonus mode - free-play, where all locations are available for time trials! With records and medals


Good Day to you Eugene,
Sorry to hear all the negatives here today. The game is great, sometimes I think people expect to much for 6.99, and I agree with the other comment about how hard is to make one of these games, doesn't anyone else realize the work that goes into making these games.

As far as spelling or incorrect words or whatever that is such a minor thing to even speak about it is a waste of time,
lighten up people, enjoy the day , enjoy the game, have some fun,

Best wishes Eugene to you and the developers for a Happy Holdiday

Darkstarr.

Hi, Darkstarr.
Many thanks to you! I also wish Happy Holidays for all players independetely to whom like Jane Angel or not
I'm really glad that you are enjoying our game!

Best regards, Eugene.

 
meatbun66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by meatbun66 on Dec 10, 09 10:35 AM
It's not a bad game, but I am not going to buy it because the way the scenes go from one to another (going up and down) got me a little woozie.

 
yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Dec 10, 09 10:36 AM
LOL! This story and HOG had a LOT of potential! Too bad that I was so distracted by the terrible spelling! LOL! The spelling of "scissorses" was used as the plural for scissors, LOL! The word "swab" was used for a mop. Then there was the word "ventilator" for an electric fan. I understand that sometimes the UK and US versions are a little different like "cookie" and "biscuit" have different meanings in the US and UK, but this goes beyond that. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be unkind about someone's spelling, but the point is that if you're putting out a package to sell a game to people and all the artists and other developers have done their part to ensure the game looks polished and finished, couldn't the person who was putting in the words have at least cracked open an English dictionary???

I would probably buy this game if the things were labelled and spelled correctly. I really like how you had to slide the scene to get more objects and the sequence of the tagging to make an action happen was unique and different. I liked that and the scenes themselves were fine. I just played the 1 hour trial version, but because of the spelling and grammar I'm afraid it looks like it was still in a beta version!

Edited on 12/10/2009 at 10:57:42 AM PST


 
sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by sunnny on Dec 10, 09 10:40 AM
Hi Eugene_Duranin,

I bought this game for its originality and humor. Graphics are clear,
some objects are on the small and well hidden side, but when
desperate, there is always the hint system.
Since my first language is also not Englsh, I do understand
your problem.
Actually for me figuring out that bootses were couple of pairs of boots,
was rather fun.



Edited due to typo LOL!

Edited on 12/10/2009 at 11:03:29 AM PST


 
Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 10, 09 10:43 AM
An edit to my message from page 2:

I have bought this game now, because I don`t want to stop playing. The trial time was so much fun and its a very good game!

Edited on 12/10/2009 at 10:46:30 AM PST


 

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 10:45 AM
yourshannygirl wrote:LOL! This story and HOG had a LOT of potential! Too bad that I was so distracted by the terrible spelling! LOL! The spelling of "scissorses" was used as the plural for scissors, LOL! The word "swab" was used for a mop. I understand that sometimes the UK and US versions are a little different like "cookie" and "biscuit" have different meanings in the US and UK, but this goes beyond that. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be unkind about someone's spelling, but the point is that if you're putting out a package to sell a game to people and all the artists and other developers have done their part to ensure the game looks polished and finished, couldn't the person who was putting in the words have at least cracked open an English dictionary???

I would probably buy this game if the things were labelled and spelled correctly. I really like how you had to slide the scene to get more objects and the sequence of the tagging to make an action happen was unique and different. I liked that and the scenes themselves were fine. I just played the 1 hour trial version, but because of the spelling and grammar I'm afraid it looks like it was still in a beta version!


Hi, yourshannygirl.
Thank you for your opinion. I tried to do my best when I have been opening my English Dictionary But you should understand, that being not in English speaking environment, it is hard to fit best word's "version"! Anyway, I have to beg a pardon for the fact it wasn't fixed at correction stage.

Best regards, Eugene.

 

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 10:47 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:An edit to my message from page 2:

I have bought this game now, because I don`t want to stop playing. The trial time was so much fun and its a very good game!


Thank you! Hope you will enjoy storyline and gameplay more and more

 

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 10:50 AM
sunnny wrote:Hi Eugene_Duranin,

I bought this game for its originality and humor. Graphocs are clear,
some objects are on the small and well hidden side, but when
desperate, there is always the hint system.
Since my first language is also not Englsh, I do understand
your problem.
Actually for me figuring out that bootses were couple of pairs of boots,
was rather fun.


Thank you, sunny for kind words!
We intentionally made hint system not too expensive to make players feel relaxing all the time he is playing Jane Angel!

Best regards, Eugene.

 
yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Dec 10, 09 10:56 AM
Eugene_Duranin wrote:
yourshannygirl wrote:LOL! This story and HOG had a LOT of potential! Too bad that I was so distracted by the terrible spelling! LOL! The spelling of "scissorses" was used as the plural for scissors, LOL! The word "swab" was used for a mop. I understand that sometimes the UK and US versions are a little different like "cookie" and "biscuit" have different meanings in the US and UK, but this goes beyond that. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be unkind about someone's spelling, but the point is that if you're putting out a package to sell a game to people and all the artists and other developers have done their part to ensure the game looks polished and finished, couldn't the person who was putting in the words have at least cracked open an English dictionary???

I would probably buy this game if the things were labelled and spelled correctly. I really like how you had to slide the scene to get more objects and the sequence of the tagging to make an action happen was unique and different. I liked that and the scenes themselves were fine. I just played the 1 hour trial version, but because of the spelling and grammar I'm afraid it looks like it was still in a beta version!


Hi, yourshannygirl.
Thank you for your opinion. I tried to do my best when I have been opening my English Dictionary But you should understand, that being not in English speaking environment, it is hard to fit best word's "version"! Anyway, I have to beg a pardon for the fact it wasn't fixed at correction stage.

Best regards, Eugene.


Hi Eugene,
Thank you for being so tolerant of such a variety of opinions. If there's a way to change the spelling and grammar for much of this in one of the updates then I'd love to purchase it! I hope you'll take this feedback and learn from it and find a way to make it better for the next game your team develops. There was a LOT about this game I do like.

 
OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Dec 10, 09 10:57 AM
Gosh , ,,,,,I wish I could take back everything I said earlier ...but I went back..played the last 45 min of the demo..like before ..so sorry..I wanted to be positive ...but its a no for me....seems a little dated...but I do enjoy the fact that Eugene has taken the time to listen...thats what it takes ..you have to take the good w/ the bad...I do appreciate it & I no that there is ALOT of others that do , as well .best to ya ,Gene & cheers

 

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 10:59 AM
Hi again, yourshannygirl.
I can't speak about update details (due to this forum rules), but I'm sure most of grammar mistakes will be fixed very soon.

Regards, Eugene.

 
88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by 88blyth on Dec 10, 09 11:02 AM
i have played only about 30 mins of the trial and i am enjoying it, i have had a busy day!!..i am now off to play the rest of the trial and will then decide if to buy or not

 
machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by machamc on Dec 10, 09 11:20 AM
I come to this forum mostly to read other's comments to see if I might like a game or not - I can usually tell from people's likes and dislikes what a game is about and how it is played - I do not let other's opinions sway me as there is so much variety.

I simply could not resist chiming in on the spelling problem. I just played thru the 1 hour demo and bought the game. The scissores problem that so many people are griping about is simply not understanding that words like scissors can be singular or plural and in the case of scissors, we refer to a "pair" of scissors, even though there is one object - the "pair of scissors" consisting of two blades - the natural instinct of non-English speakers is to make a word plural by adding "es" - if you notice after you find all but the last pair of scissors, the spelling changes to "scissors".

I particularly like the side scrolling as if you are careful, you can find items by the way the words grey out as you are scrolling

Come on, people, give the man a break. He has created a charming game with some new and unusual minigames instead of the same old things. I think some people are unnecessarily rude when talking to a developer who probably has better things to do than listen to all the kvetching from people who probably don't like anything foreign and have nothing better to do than criticize. Sorry, but it really spoils the enjoyment of reading these forums to see some of the things people say.

Also, if you don't like HOG games, you don't need to yell about it, bide your time and something you like will probably come along. Big Fish does a superb job of finding interesting and enjoyable games for all types of players and charges a lot less than buying from sites that charge full price. I particularly dislike Time Management games but can't complain because BF does a great job of finding games I do like and I have enough to play thru old ones again while waiting for a new one.

Sorry if I offended anyone but I have just had enough of complaining, whining, griping, whinging (by the way, not a misspelling), and carrying on like children who can't get their way.

 
yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Dec 10, 09 11:24 AM
Eugene_Duranin wrote:Hi again, yourshannygirl.
I can't speak about update details (due to this forum rules), but I'm sure most of grammar mistakes will be fixed very soon.

Regards, Eugene.


Hey, that is awesome! Your ability to take feedback is very impressive and is the key to success! I look forward to hearing about the updates as they happen! If it happens by January then maybe I'll use one of my game credits that will be available then for this game!
Until then...
Happy Gaming...or in your case Happy Game Developing!

Edited on 12/10/2009 at 11:29:03 AM PST


 

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 11:29 AM
eleanor1183 wrote:Hey Eugene...

I'm sure you tried your best but the problems in this game are the kind I can't stand, especially calling things by unfamiliar names...like a baseball bat being called a "jug". [One checkmark in the "no" column.]

Spelling is abysmal in all games these days, so I'm used to that, but makes another check mark in the "no" column.

In both cases, you need a better editor in the "end" language. If it is intended for an American English audience, it should be in "nightly news" dialect - the one the news is broadcast in on national channels. That is the dialect understood by most American english speakers.

My personal preference is for a static screen, moving ones make me dizzy. Another checkmark in the "no" column.

The background noises are annoying to my ears - I can't stand a ringing telephone! Another "no" checkmark.

Not a game for me.



Hi, eleanor1183.
Thank you for your opinion. I'm you got wrong about "jug" - it is just impossible. Mistakes are present in pairs like "swab-mop" , in words like "scissors". I completely agree with you that we need to polish hard all text we have in the game.
I'm sorry that you dislike scrolling screen - I think it is fun.
BTW: First time we have challenge with scrolling screen - there weren't signs about visible object (shown in object list) or not. But later we decided to make it more relaxing.
About sounds - I'll keep in mind your comment!

Best regards, Eugene.

 
MeowTsetung
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,752 Posts

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by MeowTsetung on Dec 10, 09 11:30 AM
Eugene_Duranin wrote:Hi, I'm Eugene one of JA's developers (actually one of two ).
Thanks to everybody for attention. I'd like to answer some common questions I saw.
1) Tiny objects - we made our best to evade tiny objects problem. Even in case the object is small, there is safe area around - you shouldn't be a sniper, just click close to this object.
2) Bad spelling - I apologize if there is screaming mistakes! We aren't native speakers (Although all textes were under native speaker correction). So you should excuse us when we use one of possible word's translation (I'm talking about swabs and mobs). Hope it will not be a cause to miss interesting story and gameplay we made
3) About hardware problems - this game was tested a lot, so I'm sure (especailly if you meet similar problems with other game) you should ask for technical help for your PC.


Hello Eugene_Duranin

I'm pleased to see you are here reading posts.
It's a good game. I like the scrolling, the light and dark words. I like the different take on the mini-games. I even like the word translation differences because it adds a foreign charm to the game. Holy Grail. Templars. Finding treasure. All make for a good storyline.


In short....I bought your game and I like it. Good job.


 

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 11:31 AM
yourshannygirl wrote:
Eugene_Duranin wrote:Hi again, yourshannygirl.
I can't speak about update details (due to this forum rules), but I'm sure most of grammar mistakes will be fixed very soon.

Regards, Eugene.


Hey, that is awesome! Your ability to take feedback is very impressive and is the key to success! I look forward to hearing about the updates as they happen! If it happens by January then maybe I'll use one of my game credits that will be available then for this game!
Until then...
Happy Gaming...or in your case Happy Game Developing!

Thank you Have a nice Holidays!

 

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 11:33 AM
MeowTsetung wrote:
Eugene_Duranin wrote:Hi, I'm Eugene one of JA's developers (actually one of two ).
Thanks to everybody for attention. I'd like to answer some common questions I saw.
1) Tiny objects - we made our best to evade tiny objects problem. Even in case the object is small, there is safe area around - you shouldn't be a sniper, just click close to this object.
2) Bad spelling - I apologize if there is screaming mistakes! We aren't native speakers (Although all textes were under native speaker correction). So you should excuse us when we use one of possible word's translation (I'm talking about swabs and mobs). Hope it will not be a cause to miss interesting story and gameplay we made
3) About hardware problems - this game was tested a lot, so I'm sure (especailly if you meet similar problems with other game) you should ask for technical help for your PC.


Hello Eugene_Duranin

I'm pleased to see you are here reading posts.
It's a good game. I like the scrolling, the light and dark words. I like the different take on the mini-games. I even like the word translation differences because it adds a foreign charm to the game. Holy Grail. Templars. Finding treasure. All make for a good storyline.


In short....I bought your game and I like it. Good job.


Thank you, MeowTsetung!
Of course, we didn't schemed to add foreign charm in this way but I'm glad that you like it.
Best regards, Eugene.

 
jca22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by jca22 on Dec 10, 09 11:38 AM
NEVER in all the time I have been playing Big Fish games, have i seen worse translation efforts than in this game. It is not only bad, it affects game play. There are words I have never even heard of and I am supposed to just guess as to what they are? 2 scissorses has been written at least ten times.

I want to know why developers don't ask some of us, you know, American game players that want to play their games, to look them over for obvious grammatical errors. The first five screens when she is talking made me cringe. This is the worst of the worst gramatically.

The saddest thing is that this game has some potential. It is interesting, it has beautiful graphics, the storyline, so far, has a lot to it.

Again, developers, you have a huge base of gameplayers, why don't you let us look them over and give you an update?

Or, maybe the truth is, they just do not care. You put the game together, and so what if those Americans cannot understand what 4 out of ten things are, and the conversations are abysmal.

 
bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by bbelle on Dec 10, 09 11:42 AM
I bought the game and love it. I agree with MeowTsetung in every way. Thanks for a good game.

 
 
 
 
Go to: