Chapter 1 Discussion Thread

Re:Chapter 1 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by Janetsue on Dec 18, 09 3:14 PM
vicpe wrote: I got stuck between the house ,garage ,and the shack .Opened garage door,took disc(don't know how to use it)......HELP,PLEASE!!!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 18, 09 3:20 PM
Janetsue wrote:
vicpe wrote: I got stuck between the house ,garage ,and the shack .Opened garage door,took disc(don't know how to use it)......HELP,PLEASE!!!

Are you asking this same question. It's confusing when you just post a quote by someone else.

[Post New]by jbt716 on Dec 18, 09 5:25 PM
Jbarnes1203 wrote:I need help...I don't what to do now. I have a matress, crowbar, nails, hammer, and carjack. I am trying to find something to stop the water in the upstairs bathroom and keys for several different locks. I have no idea where to go from here...help!

[Post New]by jbt716 on Dec 18, 09 5:27 PM
o0lilkim0110o wrote:What do you use to get over the bridge? please help anyone

[Post New]by bonesbones on Dec 20, 09 10:04 AM
SharonLee1945 wrote:

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 20, 09 3:30 PM
I will not answer a question when you just copy a quote from someone else. If you need help with something ask a question and I'll see if I can help you.

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 12:49 AM
misty5 wrote:Since the "manager's office" is the last part of chapter 1 and the first part of chapter 2, I'm not sure on which thread my question belongs. But here it is.......

I've gotten into the office but now seem to be stuck. I've looked all over for clues to the safe combination, with no luck. In inventory, I have the saw, hammer, car keys and lighter. I've climbed the tree and opened both the garage and the boatshed. For now, I'm just going round and round from boatshed to house to car to covered bridge, and my feet are about worn out. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? (Great game, BTW!!)

Use the saw to cut the tree limb down with the scrap of paper flapping in wind that is attached to the tree limb. Climb down and click on the paper, it will be added to your inventory. Then go back into the inn to the second door on the left. On the mirror you will find another scrap of paper, put the two pieces together to get the combination to the safe in the manager's office

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 12:52 AM
Janetsue wrote:

If I am reading this right you got the water valve from the garage. You should also have the sledgehammer in your inventory from finding all the objects in the garage. Go to the bathroom in the inn, use the sledgehammer to break through the floor. Afterwards go back to the garage, after finding all the hidden objects you will be given a crowbar. Use the crowbar to move the manhole cover locate just outside the garage, then use the valve to turn off the water. Then you can go back into the bathroom, push the mattress through the floor then jump down to the manager's office

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 12:56 AM
jbt716 wrote:
Jbarnes1203 wrote:I need help...I don't what to do now. I have a matress, crowbar, nails, hammer, and carjack. I am trying to find something to stop the water in the upstairs bathroom and keys for several different locks. I have no idea where to go from here...help!

Go back to the garage, up top you will see a valve that is out of reach. There is a chain with a hook attached to it nearby. Click on the chain near the top several times. The chain will swing allowing the hook to latch on to the valve and knock it down. Use the crowbar to move the manhole cover, which is locate just outside the garage. Use the valve to turn off the water. Then push the mattress down the hole and jump

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 12:58 AM
jbt716 wrote:

Rope, but you won't find that till much later in the game.

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 1:07 AM
nwl43 wrote:
colourwheel wrote:
bfgCelebes wrote:Chapter 1 starts at the abandoned car and ends at the Manager's Office.

Hi where do i get the rope to cross the bridge and open the safe in the office and i did at one time see the gas lamp but found all items in the house and cant re'open to retrieve the lamp & fuel for it so still cant get light from the lamp to go down the stairs in the office PLEASE AM STUCK AND CANT GO ANY FURTHER

It's confusing when you just quote and don't ask a question of your own. Do you mean that you also need help with the exact same things in the quote. Let us know or we can't help you.

Do find the rope by the dumpster, which is much later on in the game. In order to open the safe you must have the hammer, nails, board and saw in your inventory. If you do go to the tree near the house, Place the board, then nails on the tree, secure board with hammer, climb up the tree and saw the tree limb with the scrap of paper attached to it. Once you have the paper go back in the house to the second room on the left. On the mirror you will see another scrap of paper, when you put the two pieces together you get the combination to the safe in the manager's office. The lamp, kerosine are found in the hunter's lodge and the mill (on your second visit), but that is much later on in the game. In order to get into the basement of the manager's office you need to get the generator started, which means you need the sparkplug, which would not be found until much later in the game, outside the cabin

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 1:08 AM
Dragonluna wrote:I am not getting ANY morphing objects in the game. Anybody know why??

morphing objects appear only in the collector's edition of the game

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 1:13 AM
connierob wrote:
MLM5902 wrote:I'm having trouble finding the key for the tool box in the garage and the code for the safe in the manager's office - how do find them?

The key to the toolbox in the garage is located inside the safe in the manager's office. To get the combination you must have hammer (main room in the house), nails (front desk second visit), board (boathouse), and saw (romance room second visit). Place board on tree located outside the house, then nails, secure board with hammer. Climb tree and use saw to cut the tree limb with the paper attached to it. Take paper and go to the second door on the left in the house, you will find another scrap of paper on the mirror, when they combine together they reveal the combination to the safe.

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 1:14 AM
MooShuRox wrote:You have to click the hook a couple of times before it will knock the gear down.

Yes, click it at the top near the roof about three-four times and it will knock it down

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 1:19 AM
Poppijellybean wrote:
bfgCelebes wrote:Chapter 1 starts at the abandoned car and ends at the Manager's Office.

Either I don't have a garage or that whole scene where I find the crowbar does not exist. There is no white lights in the garage, not the first time I go or even the second time. I have pneumonia so make the answer easy. PJB.

Take the snow shovel you found by going up the stairs and go outside. Just passed the tree to your left you will find the generator. By the statue you need to dig and get the garage door opener.

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 1:23 AM
playermadness wrote:
oosie1997 wrote:I am stuck! I have the jack the hammer, nails and snow shovel and can't find what to do next. I haven't gotten the generator working the garage opened ot gotten the rope for the bridge. I tried the hammer on the floor in the bathroom but that doesn't work. The heavy metal lid by the garage I have no idea how to lift that either HELP!

Thanks

where did you find the spark plug? thanks

Go outside passed the tree to your left will be the generator. You should also see a statue, use the snow shovel and dig you will get the garage door opener. Use the sledgehammer you get from finding all the hidden objects to break through the bathroom floor

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 1:25 AM
dasey221 wrote:
coruca wrote:I am in the upstairs bedroom with the champain and have cleared the bed of all the seek and find items but the mattress. I have used several hints and they all point to the left edge, but I don't see a mattress and if I click, nothing happens. I tried raising my screen resolution and also tried in window as well as full screen mode. Any help? I am stuck!

The mattress is in the closet look for something blueish in color

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 1:26 AM
inittowinit824 wrote:where the heck is the hammer?/ lol

Hammer is locate in the main room, which is to the left of the front desk.

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 1:27 AM
gemini_uk wrote:need help!! where do you find the crowbar?

find the crowbar on your second visit to the garage

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 1:29 AM
sammygram wrote:WHERE DOES THE KEY GO MCF ARE TOUGH FOR ME

what key are you talking about?

Go to: