corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

Re:Chapter 6 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by corbs123 on Jan 16, 10 8:24 AM
hey presto yes followed instructions done it about 6 times cant get the flippin thing to work!!!! having a break now will try tomorrow.

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Jan 18, 10 4:25 AM
can remember who suggested it, but yes to get the generator to start you have to click fast i walked away and went back and first go and it started, thanks.

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Jan 18, 10 4:26 AM
sorry that should say cant remember.

[Post New]by Mrs_Good on Feb 6, 10 11:10 AM
Thank you guys for this discussion! It helped a lot!

my3swps
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by my3swps on Feb 12, 10 4:23 PM
Can't seem to access the garden hose to use as a patch for the torch tubing (basement.) I've checked and rechecked every location in detail for any further puzzles that might open another tool for me to use (scissors, knife) to cut the hose. OOPS...sorry. Just found a thread with a probably answer. Thought I'd tried it all, but will happily try, try again.
THX for all the help!

Edited on 02/12/2010 at 4:32:33 PM PST

[Post New]by sunnyc2010 on Feb 15, 10 12:36 PM
how do i figure out the relics puzzle? like where do each of the colored crystals go and how many of the stones do i use?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Feb 16, 10 6:21 AM
sunnyc2010 wrote:how do i figure out the relics puzzle? like where do each of the colored crystals go and how many of the stones do i use?

You need to look at your crime computer for clues to the placement of the relics. You will see shapes flashing on top of the videos. The shapes correspond to the actual relics. They are arranged in a 4x4 grid. The actual puzzle is also a 4x4 grid. The stones are place holders.

[Post New]by sunnyc2010 on Feb 16, 10 7:26 AM
thanks for the tip about the relic puzzle but now i cant find the ladder...

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Feb 16, 10 8:22 AM
sunnyc2010 wrote:thanks for the tip about the relic puzzle but now i cant find the ladder...

Alison took the ladder. Where do you suppose she might need it?

[Post New]by dggaines on Feb 21, 10 6:05 PM
I don't have an urn to clean up the ashes in the fireplace and I do not have a key to open the farmhouse, what did I miss?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Feb 22, 10 4:58 AM
dggaines wrote:I don't have an urn to clean up the ashes in the fireplace and I do not have a key to open the farmhouse, what did I miss?

The urn is found in your second trip to the boathouse(after you get the oars down). You don't need a key for the farmhouse, the door is open.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Mar 18, 10 9:17 PM
padres wrote:I can't get generator started. Have checked the walk through and watched the video to no avail. I attached spark plug a while ago and also plugged in the cell phone charger already. does that kill the whole game? thanks for any help.

if you go through your journal, you should have picked up some information earlier in the game, with intructions on how to work generator, it will be in there, and no it does not matter if you plug in phone first.

[Post New]by beckster32 on Mar 21, 10 6:14 PM
I need help with the chips I never got them for my inventory and I cannot knock the rabbits head off, can anybody help please

kloanne
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by kloanne on Mar 23, 10 6:48 PM
Thought I'd play this fabulous game again after a couple of months. Seems I missed the Uber Glue and kerosene in the process. Can't go back and get them as they were in **** scenes that are no longer accessible. Does this mean I can't complete the game? thanks.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 23, 10 7:31 PM
kloanne wrote:Thought I'd play this fabulous game again after a couple of months. Seems I missed the Uber Glue and kerosene in the process. Can't go back and get them as they were in **** scenes that are no longer accessible. Does this mean I can't complete the game? thanks.

Those items are found in second HOG scenes in the grocery store and the grocery store basement. Those scenes will not be triggered until after you have been to the hunting lodge and done some things there.

kloanne
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by kloanne on Mar 24, 10 5:08 PM
Thanks for your kind reply! I thought I had already done those scenes more than once and that I had done everything in the lodge, but you were right...I hadn't. I love this game so much I don't know when to stop! Probably wouldn't get stuck if I gave it a break sooner. Thanks again.

[Post New]by rockerjen84 on May 3, 10 8:11 PM
Okay I am getting very angry. I cannot get to the hidden object scenes to get the kerosene or the uber glue. I am very stuck and aggravated and have no idea what to do.

resortlady
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by resortlady on May 6, 10 1:14 PM
Thanks for the help with the generator. #1push button down to right
#2 toggle switch up pause #3/#4/#5 in quick succession - 4X with red button,
2X on throttle and 3X with cord. Up & running!
Oh, can't get cell phone to work without the charger! Get both then head to the upper bedroom (nautical) and plug it in AFTER you get the generator working.

[Post New]by crimebuff on May 23, 10 5:08 PM
I used the ice scraper on the window sill and the cable connected, but I never clicked on the fuse box, so I missed that puzzle. Now when I click on the trunk in the hotel's bedroom, I dont get a puzzle either, so I can;t fix the generator, even though I put the spark plug in. I followed the directions on the walkthrough to start the generator (red button, four clicks on left switches, two on upper handle and three on lower handle, but can't get it to start. So I'm stuck! Anyone with help out there? I did get help in the forum about finding the frozen meat for the wolf when I had neglected to defrost it first. So my faith is in you guys! This is my third visit to a forum (or any chat situation). Thanks for any help.

china1324
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by china1324 on Jun 14, 10 8:49 AM
onegal4u wrote:i got in the basement and used the glue now where do you find the patch?

Go to: