shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:James Patterson's Women's Murder Club: comments and reviews

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 24, 10 4:43 AM
dlb628 wrote:I really liked this. I never noticed it being dark on my monitor, but that's just me.

Can anybody tell me why this game was actually called "Twice in a Blue Moon"?

Not me. I wondered about that as well.

I think maybe because they are copycat killings based on the crimes of some rather unique serial cases. I don't know - just a guess....

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 29, 10 9:36 AM
Wow, very engaging storyline. This is my first WMC game and even though HOGs are not usually my thing, I can't stop playing it! The puzzles in this game are fantastic - challenging and unique - not your average run of the mill mini-games you can't wait to get through. The characters are developed well, the story flows very naturally and dialog seems quite realistic. The story has everything to do with your every move and things are done very logically. This isn't a game where you find something pertinent that then sits in your inventory until you find the right scene. When something needs to be done, your character is on it... pronto!

The only thing that stops me from giving this game a 5 star rating is the hidden object scenes - they tend to be a little on the dark side, and also that you get 5 hints per investigation and that's it. However, there is no penalty for too many clicks but be aware you may have to resort to frantic clicking around the screen to find that last item if you are out of hints.

The graphics, particularly in the opening scene are beautiful and extremely realistic. I keep going back to that mirror in the rain and just staring at it in awe. I also enjoy the realism of the characters and suspects you meet. From the goofing around between investigators and the comments and living conditions of some of the suspects. Some of the scenes are spookily realistic looking such as an elderly couple found slain - they themselves look awfully realistic, but the blanket over them looks so fuzzy you can almost feel it.

Definitely interested in checking out the rest of this series. I purchased a triple-WMC pack that came with this and Darker Shade of Grey and Death in Scarlet - not sure if those are the only ones but WMC has a brand new fan. Thumbs up for this one!

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Sep 18, 10 1:08 AM
Am so over playing games that have jerky and slow cursor issues and then when you finally get the cursor positioned over a tiny object it takes forever when you click on it to disappear. I know there is nothing wrong with my computer because other games play fine with no slow cursor issues !! Not a buy for me and looks like it could be quite a good game - shame

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 18, 10 3:10 AM
Used all my hints before finishing the first chapter....that's not fair, objects are so small and it's so dark: Still, as it's a DD, I'll buy it, it seems quite interesting and graphics (apart from the darkness) are good. Never turn the sound on, so ? Wish they would change the hint system, it will probably prevent a lot of players from buying.

Zaitai
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Zaitai on Sep 18, 10 4:19 AM
It's hard to tell if this is a good game. The hidden objects are too small and the setting is too dark to find things properly. I had to use all my hints just because I couldn't see the rooms. I won't buy this even at $2.99.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 18, 10 4:38 AM
I would have liked to review the game, but when I downloaded it for trial, the Game Manager said that my trial period had expired. Not wishing to purchase the game without seeing it first, I uninstalled without looking.

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Strixi on Sep 18, 10 12:32 PM
Love the story line! I've read a number of the books in the series and it's obvious the developers put some effort into the storyline for this game. If you like the books, you might enjoy this.

Some of the objects are on the small side, but that just makes it a little more challenging for me. However, I'm nearsighted and tend to play HOGs with my contacts out. If you're farsighted, the objects might be too small or you may need to get out your reading glasses.

The game is not timed, which I like. Also, the length seems decent. It took me 40 minutes of relaxed game play to get through the first two investigations. I only used one hint per investigation and read the storyboards between scenes.

If smaller objects don't bother you, for a DD, I don't think you can go wrong.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Sep 18, 10 5:34 PM
This game is a dark joke. Can not view much, story line stupid and only 5 hits per episode? Me thinks some people at Big Fish are given a first time job and are not expected to do much as a beginner. Nope. Not for me. Never buy a game that has "blood samples" in it; they are all worthless dribble. Sorry BF

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Sep 19, 10 11:21 AM
I really did enjoy this game. Especially since I got it for 2.99. The story was good, the mini games were good and the HOG scenes weren't too bad. Some of the objects were small and hard to find and some of the scenes were dark. So if you dislike that you probably won't like this game. I did not really care much for only 5 hints per investigation. I wish there was a way to earn more. Sometimes I needed no hints and sometimes I was just plain stuck. I had to refer to the blog walk through at one point because I had run out of hints.
There is one scene towards the end that is totally black and you have to use a flashlight to find objects. That sucked because of the lack of hints and a lot of objects looked the same.
I do like that they tried to make the HOG scenes interesting. They weren't all your typical cluttered room.
Oh and one other thing. For some reason I could not take my game out of full screen mode. I'm not sure why but it was not a big deal.
I'd give the game 4 stars.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Sep 19, 10 11:45 AM
admiral1133 wrote:This game is a dark joke. Can not view much, story line stupid and only 5 hits per episode? Me thinks some people at Big Fish are given a first time job and are not expected to do much as a beginner. Nope. Not for me. Never buy a game that has "blood samples" in it; they are all worthless dribble. Sorry BF

This is rather insulting. Thanks for this "helpful" review.

ccostly
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ccostly on Sep 21, 10 4:55 PM
This was a pretty good game. Pretty gruesome at times, especially at the crime scenes. Overall, a pretty good HOG, except for some of the dark scenes that we had to look right up next to the screen, lol. The storyline was interesting and drew us in, even though I thought the dialogue could have been a bit shorter. Was slightly boring at times. The hidden objects were pretty well hidden, no junk piles to stare at. Probably not a buy for us.

[Post New]by linhlindsay on Jul 12, 11 1:44 AM
i have to write a comments for this game it is the best game after i play about 20 another game on big fish and what even better i start buy a book to read so happy off to buy 2 other on this series

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Oct 29, 11 3:33 AM
I bought this game based on enjoying James Patterson Little Black Lies and made the inaccurate assumption it would be as good. Now I'm sorry. At least I didn't pay full price for it.

The scenes are dark and heavily filtered, and in some cases the items to find are very, VERY small, or are so blended against the background that they are nearly impossible to find, even with the walkthrough, for example the butterfly in Mary Sullivan's apartment.

I will not bother to finish this game.

[Post New]by MichaelMaiden25 on Nov 5, 11 7:11 PM
Just love this game!!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 4:47 PM
This game is a nice murder thriller, it have great graphics is very interactive as you go around doing the investigation.

Is challenging enough without been too hard.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Apr 9, 12 2:01 AM

I like this Women's Murder Club game the best of all 4. Second best: Little Black Lies. Too bad they are not making anymore of this series.

Go to: