awful tournament results

deeziner
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
478 Posts

Re:awful tournament results

[Post New]by deeziner on Mar 7, 16 6:16 AM
jyannis wrote:I'm curious about the top scorer who would be sitting at the high 400,000 scores. I did some calculations, he/she would had to have a very high base score, at find 15 spins for 5 spins, and score 50% at least 4 times.

With a base score of 70,000 (I used 14,000 as the maximum per room, could be higher), and 4 spins of 50%, the high score is 354,375 so to reach 400,000, one really has to be very very good and also very very very lucky.

P.S. I'm talking about Tournaments on iOS by the way, I know PC gets points for accuracy and their scores may be way higher.

You are right....this is EXACTLY what has to happen....except when it happened to me one of my 5 spins was 40%…then there is the disbelief that such crazy odds really DO happen.....AND THEN.....there is the concern that every other person who sees such astronomical luck is going to think I cheated.....

So on one hand....so incredably cool....but on the other ...so guilt inducing.

PS....Mine was android but top scores with incredible spins happen on ALL the platforms.

Edited on 03/07/2016 at 6:18:59 AM PST

plpsrp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by plpsrp on Mar 7, 16 9:39 AM
Playing in the current tournament. How is a score of 603,000 even possible. That is the leading score right now. Second place is 208,000.

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Mar 7, 16 10:46 AM
In this latest tournament, I noticed something about my scoring during the second go around. No matter if I did worse or better time wise than the first go around, every score for each HOS was the same. I finished one scene at 17 seconds, but at the end, it listed the same time as the first go around of 23 seconds, and the score was exactly the same. I finished in 15 seconds, and the timer jumped, not rolled along, jumped from 15 to 20, and the final time listed was 23. Anybody else notice this, or have this happen?

Clairelle
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Clairelle on Mar 7, 16 2:05 PM
How can it be that someone gets such a score 516057 on PC tournament and 603506 on Android?

BarbieB731
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by BarbieB731 on Mar 7, 16 3:33 PM
To pmwright the counter adds 4 seconds to every ones score. I'm not sure why. Maybe it to make it fair? Top players must do each screen in "under" 5 seconds and know how to time the spin wheel to get the 40% and 50% most of the time. It's a total mystery to me. Hope you have better luck than me.

[Post New]by R1ette on Mar 7, 16 3:59 PM
I was wondering if anyone can confirm for me that there are no accuracy percents for iOS users? I just get a line in that area during the tournaments and I've searched through all the posts I could stand about the tournaments and found two references to this but nothing saying whether it's normal or a glitch? Just trying to figure out if my horrible scores are really my fault or the games

Devilinwales
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Devilinwales on Mar 10, 16 11:13 AM
Managed to get some diamonds on game 4 yesterday and yet there are always the same names in the top 20.
If a moderator reads this then maybe they can explain as to how these same players manage to Obtain such high scores and every day more than once via different tournaments.

I like so many others like the tournaments but will leave it to Lady Luck to smile down on me about every 40 tournaments if my figures are accurate.

I agree with the others about too high a score as I regularly get a base score of 60,000 but with no extra for 100% and have had 15 chips once since playing tournaments. Odds on getting 50% x 5 = nil Odds on getting 10% x 5 very high

Back to achievements for me

Good luck to all on the wheel spin

GrammyK2
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by GrammyK2 on Mar 10, 16 11:35 AM
I was having some occasional decent rounds in the tournaments before the update. I managed to get 1 top 100 away from the new pet. Since the update I haven't been able to get a decent score. In last nights tournament I actually got 15 chips for 5 spins and started with a good base score. My hopes were high for that new pet. My spins were 10%, 10% 10%, 10% and zero. My final score ended in the middle of the pack once again. Guess I'll just have to keep on trying and hoping.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Mar 10, 16 9:43 PM
apollogold wrote:
NoFishToday wrote:
apollogold wrote:Ok.... I just played this last tournament (3 to 5 CST). I still have to say there is something wrong with the wheel. My first game I managed to get 10% - 40% - 10%, which, I feel was normal for the first game. I did manage to play roughly 7 free games (I refuse to waste diamonds). In all those game, I managed to find enough chips for either 3 or 4 spins on the wheel. After all those spins, you would think you'd get something other that 10%. Nope. Forget it Every spin I made, it landed on the 10%, located between the 20% and the 50%. So... the wheel has not been fixed. The lowest I have ever placed was somewhere in the 300 range... and that was when the tournaments were first introduced into the game and everyone was still trying to figure it out. Today.... I placed in the 806 slot! All I can say is.... The wheel still needs fixing. Thank you.....

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

Just weighing in that I also, about 80% of the time land on that same 10% between the 20 and 50. Maybe more. In fact, that's where I EXPECT my spins to land.

ETA: Having just played in the tournaments three more times, I kept a better eye on the wheel. It landed on the 10% between the 20 and 50 100% of the time. That was 9 spins. All the same. Certainly doesn't allow for any positive anticipation.

Thank You for keeping track and taking notice! I also played again at the 9 CST. This time I did manage to get a really good game the first time out and did place... But any other free games I played again wound up with that lousy 10%... between the 20 and 50 %.... People, start taking notice... the wheel isn't fixed. There is STILL a Glitch in the wheel... It's too obvious! Thank you....

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

I don't know what made me think to look, but after playing the tournament a few times tonight, I noticed that the wheel, before my first spin, started in the position of 10% between the 20 and 50. It was the same every time I looked at it. And all spins were 10's, however one of the three landed on the 10 next to the zero. Should the wheel always be starting from the same 10% position I wonder?

[Post New]by TNTtimelord on Mar 11, 16 11:26 AM
Man, didn't realize how lucky I was. My last 3 tournaments have given me 40 something diamonds, 14, 20 skmething, and 7 on the latest (since I couldn't find any chips). I now have over 100 diamonds, and it'll help me get through my final level 44 missions.

Sorry to boast, but this does really show how much luck influences the tournament. I hope they do something to mend it a little.

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Mar 11, 16 3:46 PM
R1ette wrote:I was wondering if anyone can confirm for me that there are no accuracy percents for iOS users? I just get a line in that area during the tournaments and I've searched through all the posts I could stand about the tournaments and found two references to this but nothing saying whether it's normal or a glitch? Just trying to figure out if my horrible scores are really my fault or the games

R1ette... I was wondering the same thing also. I can confirm that in my game, there are no points given for accuracy in iOS games and Kindle games. Maybe we will get replies from other players who can confirm this or tell us differently. But I don't understand how players can get the scores they are getting without the extra points. I know that my scores are not great but I don't understand how I can have a score of almost 100,000 and be in 900th(+) place! Also, I believe that those who are playing on a smaller screen are not able to see all of the medallions. I have had some that are barely visible because they are hidden behind the score and I often wonder how many are hidden behind the list of items.

Edited on 03/11/2016 at 3:52:49 PM PST

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Mar 11, 16 4:05 PM
I understand that the tokens are random. Used to be you could be pretty sure of finding 3 in each scene. Most of the time these days, my total is 8 for all 5 scenes. That only gives me two spins. Sometimes, I do get three spins, and twice I have gotten four (in all the times I've played). But, I have never gotten 15. But for the most part, these wheel spins seem...well should I use the word "pre-destined"?

As for bonus to PC scores, I don't see anything like that in my game. But, that's certainly not a definitive answer. Maybe someone else knows better.

But something is definitely wrong with that wheel.

dw1457
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by dw1457 on Mar 11, 16 4:05 PM
I'm an iPad player who has asked numerous times about the lack of an accuracy bonus for iPad players. To date no iPad player has come forward (to my knowledge) saying that they receive the bonus. Therefore I believe that we do not get it.

Dbingamen-I think you may be right in terms of there being medallions that smaller devices don't see. I recently started a second game on an i6 phone. I have never seen chips in those 2 spots-but on my iPad they are clearly visible. Or maybe my second game routinely only has one chip per room. Lol.

Dawn

rad8
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by rad8 on Mar 11, 16 8:24 PM
I got a top 100 win on Android a week ago, I got 15 medallions and got some 50% spins on that. Since that first tournament game, I have almost consistently spun and landed on the 10% between the 20 and 50%, with an extremely rare other spin.
One no other game have I gotten even near 100,000 even with 4 spins on the wheel.

I am convinced that the wheel is broken, at least in my game, and is unable to spin correctly. I have restarted my phone in the hope that it would fix the wheel, but no luck there.

XzyvaGreenfern
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by XzyvaGreenfern on Mar 11, 16 10:21 PM
For a long time I was afraid to do the tournaments. i thought, Oh no competition--STRESS! Eugh! Finally, I tried it and now I just play them for fun. If I win anything that's a plus. But i always remind myself, I am playing to WIN gems NOT to SPEND the gems I already have. So I only play the free rounds. I was able t play five times yesterday, got some nice scores and even won one gem. Still not in the top 100 more than once, I guess I'm not fast enough. But I do try to be accurate and not just click about randomly. I enjoyed all ypur comments though.

magz13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by magz13 on Mar 11, 16 11:20 PM
Since the last update, I have not gotten any higher than 400. I didn't do all that well before but I usually got 200 and something.

The spins are usually 10% and the random 0. No matter what score I get, I just cannot get any decent spins and this is what matters here.

Good luck and God bless.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Mar 12, 16 12:08 PM
I believe I have uncovered another tournament "glitch" in addition to the wheel. Twice now, I have won one diamond, but never received it. Others have said this too. So, it really does need to be looked into. It's not that I didn't receive two diamonds that bothers me so much, it's not worth the hassle of a screen shot. It's that I think maybe nobody who is winning one diamond is receiving it. Can you imagine in all the tournaments how many diamonds that is that aren't being given out? Hoping BF will look into this.

PenWeb
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by PenWeb on Mar 12, 16 9:12 PM
I had given up on tournaments long before the latest updates, but recently I decided to give them a try, just to have some fun. Imagine my surprise tonight, when I got a decent base score of 60+K and enough medallions to spin the wheel 4 times!! I finally got some good percents, too - 40,40,30 and 40, enough that I ended up with 199K, enough to finish #117 and get 1 diamond. I did receive the diamond at the end of the tournament. That's the first time I ever won anything in a tournament in the over a year I have been playing MC.

Nell/Nell2

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Mar 12, 16 10:45 PM
Devilinwales wrote:Managed to get some diamonds on game 4 yesterday and yet there are always the same names in the top 20.
If a moderator reads this then maybe they can explain as to how these same players manage to Obtain such high scores and every day more than once via different tournaments.

I like so many others like the tournaments but will leave it to Lady Luck to smile down on me about every 40 tournaments if my figures are accurate.

I agree with the others about too high a score as I regularly get a base score of 60,000 but with no extra for 100% and have had 15 chips once since playing tournaments. Odds on getting 50% x 5 = nil Odds on getting 10% x 5 very high

Back to achievements for me

Good luck to all on the wheel spin

Wondering about those extra high scores, as my base scores are much like yours,

I play the free times, able to get in top 100 3 times ....
But other times, spins are just 10% or not many medallions....

No extra points for accuracy for iOS players.

Just hope to get orange kitty pet someday!

Crystal ; P

GrammyK2
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by GrammyK2 on Mar 14, 16 5:31 AM
Yippee!! Looks like last evening it was my turn to have the lucky spins on the wheel after numerous terrible ones. I managed to get my pet and finish that achievement. It just shows that there is hope. So hang in there - your turn will come. Now, maybe, I'll try for the dice achievements - although the double 6's seems impossible.

Go to: