puzzgamer1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by puzzgamer1 on Mar 19, 16 6:22 PM
Also frozen in Chapel. win7 home premium 64 bit. I'd say the testing was poor. either the testers got tired of playing and just gave it a good grade....or just didn't even bother to play and gave it a good grade. There are too many games with issues lately. I had stopped buying the CE's for quite awhile because all the problems with them. BUT took a chance because liked this series. stupid me. and how nasty a surprise that happens late in game....which brings me back to the 'testers'......did they play it through?? Did they report if they had the issue. Did the dev think they'd just go ahead and release and hope to get a fix out soon because they know there's an issue.???
This could be my last game here. Have been a customer for years and have seen the customer service go downhill...down....down....down. Of course if you have a problem with a game involving 'coinage' I bet the response and fixes are quite fast...I believe the new owners (since last year?) are the same as own Churchill Downs where the Kentucky Derby is held...

jwock
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by jwock on Mar 19, 16 7:29 PM
Agree with kathey12. It's something to do with the picture puzzle. I did the game both without first opening the secret room with the lever and with opening the secret room with the lever. Suspect the problem is something to do with the slider puzzle. PLEASE FIX IT. NOW.

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Mar 19, 16 7:35 PM
I'm stuck in the chapel too. Windows 8.1. It ran fine up to that point. I also went into the secret room when I pulled the lever, then backed out and went on to find the picture. I'm not going to start over.

[Post New]by 4leblanc on Mar 19, 16 8:07 PM
Also frozen in chapel. An yes, I've got updated drivers, un-installed and re-installed the game, etc., etc. Playing on Windows 10.

[Post New]by Stanj1 on Mar 19, 16 9:14 PM
Stuck in the chapel. Nothing works, cursor moves, can exit, but can't use anything in inventory, use the map, or go anywhere.

Windows 10. This is very frustrating.

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Mar 19, 16 9:15 PM
Please fix this BF. There is nothing wrong with my computer or software. Seems to be happening to everybody.

[Post New]by aeckardt33 on Mar 19, 16 10:10 PM
Having the same issue as others. Game frozen in the chapel. Using Windows 8. Please provide either an update or a refund.

There enough of us in chapel to have high Mass

[Post New]by simchief on Mar 19, 16 10:28 PM
I fell into freeze zone during normal game play. iMac OS 10.11.3, 32 GB Ram, i7 chips running 3.4 MHz. Drivers and graphic card tested Okay. Freeze occurred after transition from graveyard to chapel.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by cruelmo on Mar 19, 16 11:03 PM
kathey12 wrote:Thank you to the person who said that they replayed and followed the guide to finish the game.

I created a new profile and followed the guide.

I was able to continue and play the main game as well as the bonus.

The sole difference was that I had previously entered the room with Martha and Sonia after putting in the lever. The guide states to put in the lever, which opens the secret room, BUT to back out of the chapel to the gravesite.

When I had initially pulled the lever, and the door opened, I went into the room, then went to the gravesite and obtained picture, and THIS is when the game froze inside the chapel.

This is a "progression" glitch.

A word of advice to the developer, if you don't want a character to enter a room first, then don't let them use something to open a door if you aren't supposed to enter.

Other than the progression glitch, it was a really nice game. Creating the second profile allowed me to play the puzzles the second time around in lieu of the hops.

Thanks.

Mine locked up before I even put the lever in.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Mar 20, 16 4:05 AM
Frozen in the chapel also. LONG TIME player on PC with windows 7. I'm about ready to end my membership and move along. This has been happening way to often for the amount of money I've spent. The games should be glitch-free before being released to the public. SMH.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 20, 16 4:28 AM
JEM1285 wrote:
angelfish106 wrote:
riverkeeper wrote:Good for you angelfish106 but I still cannot finish game. How was the extra game?
I liked what I was able to play in the main game.

The bonus chapter was much longer than I expected it to be and pretty good. It was linked to the main game but not crucial if you just wanted the SE.

I'm so sorry you can't finish the game. I hope I didn't come across as smug because I have finished it; that wasn't my intention. I posted simply to show that not everyone is having the freezing problem; also to question whether there is actually an issue with the game at all if myself and others can play it with no problems.

Wow. You say you didn't want anyone to think your first post was "smug" but then go on to say you question whether there is actually an issue? Really?

YES, there is an issue. It's a problem on multiple platforms and it either needs to be fixed to work on all platforms it is sold for or those who have the issue should be refunded their money.

Good grief.

I am just saying there is no problem with this game for myself and many others. So yes, really, I am questioning whether there is actually an issue.

I don't have one but you clearly do.

iluvcatsuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by iluvcatsuk on Mar 20, 16 6:38 AM
yes we do, but I changed my profile and it worked. I've posted this already but no one seems to have read it.

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Mar 20, 16 6:59 AM
I am having the same problem as many other players are having...game freezing in the chapel,can't go any further,and I have no intention of starting over. Very unhappy about this, not what I paid for. I have PC with windows 10. Everything is updated and functioning properly except this game.

theswede
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by theswede on Mar 20, 16 8:41 AM
game freezes up in chapel cannot go anywhere hint,map, does not work at all my system is dell pc I'm using windows 10 {home} addition 64-bit. also I have nivdia graphic card GeForce gt 720 !!! I been playing games on this computer for quit a while, I promise it's not my pc the game has aproblem!!!!!!! I have seen a lot of complaints on this game for the same reason. I hope they will come up with a fix it's frustrating to get that far in a game then it has a boo boo .

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by shelterhill on Mar 20, 16 8:53 AM
bfgPanthalassa wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the technical issues people have been experiencing with the game. I understand some have been seeing issues where the game isn't responding. We definitely want everybody to be able to play their game without encountering problems, and I'm going to pass along these posts so that the right team can see them.

I also suggest taking a look at the following help articles to address these problems. They contain information and troubleshooting steps that can be useful in a wide range of situations:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>
<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1748">Run Game as Administrator</a>

If anyone continues to experience problems, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team <a href="https://bigfishgames.com/help?rn=ask">HERE</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a> for further troubleshooting. Our Reps have the tools that are needed to gather data on and report issues, and they're always happy to help.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

why do we always get the standard reply, we don't want to troubleshoot, we want to play a game we payed for!

[Post New]by lulu4ever on Mar 20, 16 8:55 AM
Running Windows 10, stuck in chapel. Please fix and post update.

cpatten1
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by cpatten1 on Mar 20, 16 9:07 AM
Me too. Game frozen in chapel. Windows 7. Please fix.

sagethyme
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by sagethyme on Mar 20, 16 9:23 AM
BF seems to follow the same mantra each and every time:

1. Game has a glitch and BF says it's our computers.
A. We are mostly experienced players and thus have up-to-date software.
B. Do you not think that we've troubleshooted BEFORE we post here?
C. When the TECH forum gets to 2 pages, it's NOT US - simple logic here.

2. Ignores our pleas for help.
A. Only the standard "Game freezes, blank screen, crashes" page goes up.
B. Days go by with no responses.

3. Hopes enough days/week goes by so that we may forget about it.
A. Note to BF - we don't forget!
B. We remember each and every time a game freezes and you don't help us.

So for all the times you (BFG) have told us it's a problem on our end, the above is US telling you about the problem on YOUR side.

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Mar 20, 16 9:39 AM
Same problem as you all stuck in chapel. I am playing windows 10. I bet all game support will do is give us a game credit. I don't want to have to start from the beginning.

[Post New]by Vampyrlady2264 on Mar 20, 16 9:44 AM
chance player and it works, can play the game incl. bonus

Go to: