Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Silver Tale here.

[Post New]by Kwinter on Jun 7, 16 5:12 AM
I am currently on level 60 and when I leave the game and come back I get this blue screen that others have talked about. This is the second time it has happened on this level and it has happened several times on previous levels. I know you can go back and play a previous level, but as the levels get more difficult and involved this becomes a real pain. I have tried various suggestions that have been posted. I have Windows 10 which is continually updated. I have uninstalled and reinstalled not only the game but also game manager. I have looked for updates and found there aren't any. Seems there are a lot of players with problems but not a lot of ways to fix them that actually work.

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,970 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 7, 16 7:07 AM
Welcome to the pond!

The only time I triggered the blue screen glitch was when I exited the same level more than once. It seems to be a problem with the game code. As I posted elsewhere I try to avoid leaving mid-level to avoid the glitch. As you've said, this is a complicated game and you may be better off deciding if you want to keep going with it if time constraints aren't allowing you to finish a level.

[Post New]by Kwinter on Jun 7, 16 11:10 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:Welcome to the pond!

The only time I triggered the blue screen glitch was when I exited the same level more than once. It seems to be a problem with the game code. As I posted elsewhere I try to avoid leaving mid-level to avoid the glitch. As you've said, this is a complicated game and you may be better off deciding if you want to keep going with it if time constraints aren't allowing you to finish a level.

[Post New]by Kwinter on Jun 7, 16 11:13 AM
Thanks for your reply. I purchased Runefall prior to Silver Tale. Same developer, same concept. I'm really enjoying the extra challenge of Silver Tale so I wonder instead of me not continuing to play this game maybe the developer could fix what the problem.

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,970 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 7, 16 1:30 PM
That would be nice if all the bugs were fixed, however from my experience with playing several games from this developer I've noticed that ALL of them have some glitches. Their modus operandi appears to be creating games with enormous amounts of content and I suspect this is what causes bugs and their not finding all the issues. I had to finish Silver Tale three times before I even found some of the content or glitches! In my starred review under the game download I did comment that it would be nice if they hadn't put quite so much into the game as it would make the game less a slog to play and probably make it easier to spot tech issues so they could have been fixed before the final release, but it's the developer's prerogative to make games as they see fit... I've also heard it is hard to upload game updates to this site so devs often will not patch every tech issue unless it is a game breaking problem.

[Post New]by Kwinter on Jun 8, 16 4:19 AM
Your comment speaks volumes. Maybe it's the new model for a lot of things. Quantity, not quality. I have started Silver Tale over for the third time because of the blue screen "glitch". If I have more trouble with it I guess I will just move on to something else. I'm 75 and not into wasting a lot of time on fruitless endeavors.

cannot solve first screen level 74

[Post New]by carrotnstick on Jun 8, 16 4:25 PM
Tech issue? Me issue? Once got through doing magic something on lower left corner, but have no idea what it was and in 8 tries have never reproduced it. Anybody know what's up? Did read a thread about a "green box" but have don't know what that's even about.

[Post New]by pritcharlo on Jun 10, 16 9:03 AM
I've been playing this game since Feb. and everything was good. Two days ago I went to open it and I couldn't, and haven't been able to pay. When I open it all I get is a black screen, the game never loads. Don't know what happened. I have windows 8 on my laptop.

Edited on 06/10/2016 at 9:06:23 AM PST

AAC60
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by AAC60 on Jun 19, 16 10:04 AM
I finished one full game of Silver Tales and was in the middle of playing it for the second time when suddenly it only shows a blank screen when I try to open the game. I've uninstalled and reinstalled three times, rechecked my video settings and am now wondering if the game is not compatible with the recent major upgrade to flash player? Has this happened to anyone else?

stonewall
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Blue screen of death

[Post New]by stonewall on Jul 4, 16 12:35 PM
I finally got to level 185 and up comes the blue screen. Absolutely no playing field, but the margins are still there. No response at all. Can't even get back to the map unless I use Task Manager to shut it down so I can reopen it. Does anyone have any good suggestions as to how to get it to work. I am at a stand still. I have tried to open the previous level to play it, but it also come up with a blue screen. Any help would be great.

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,970 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 4, 16 4:48 PM
@stonewall: You can't click on the gears box up in the upper left corner to exit the blue screen level to go back to the map screen and pick a different level to play from there? If not, the game may have gotten corrupted somehow and I wouldn't know how to fix it.

stonewall
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by stonewall on Jul 6, 16 2:15 PM
Even using the options doesn't work. It just take a life and back to the blue screen I go..... Even removed it and installed it again.......still no help. So, I am very disappointed. It was one of those games I like.

[Post New]by trainsmart on Jul 16, 16 3:29 AM
I am on Level 43. I found everything on the first board, clicked the padlock to go to the next, the pick axe was used but it is stuck and won't move me on, or back, or anywhere. Totally stuck. Shame I really enjoyed this game......

[Post New]by Shadow0816 on Jul 18, 16 7:24 PM
I am on level 118 on Silver Tale. Love the game. I have a couple tiles on the right hand side that I cannot move. Next to these tiles are empty tiles. Since I cannot move or match the "unmovable" tiles I cannot complete the screen. Do I have to just run my turns down to get out of that level. This would be the only level I have not received 3 stars and a badge. Has anyone else experienced this? Thank you!

n2mc2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by n2mc2 on Jul 18, 16 8:53 PM
Running Windows 10, got to level 90 and even after a reload of the game it does not work anymore. Appears to be 'display' issues, at this point I have no game display but still have the frame. Help!

sadies_dad
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sadies_dad on Aug 1, 16 7:57 AM

Windows 10, all latest drivers, tried "Run as Administrator", and/or compatibility as Windows 8 (neither help) - just bought the game. It crashes on the opening scene in the bedroom. I posted a Dr. Felix file to tech support, but haven't heard anything back.

Game loops when buying extra moves

[Post New]by jnapier on Aug 5, 16 5:02 PM
I run out of moves but I have enough gold to get boots. I click the buy boots and add the moves to my move count. But there is no way to go back to the game and continue playing with my moves. My choices are to exit, restart or go to store, which will only return me to the exit/restart option. So I lose my extra moves and my progress on that level.

I am using Windows 7 and am very annoyed about this.

[Post New]by mariabones on Aug 15, 16 7:02 PM
Why does my game freeze up, no cursor visible. I am using windows 10, makes it difficult to play when I have to constantly go to task manager and restart the game.

[Post New]by cheekybrandy on Aug 30, 16 7:54 PM
The Silver Tale game keeps terminating and shutting down my computer. I have tried several times to apply the Update that is suppose to fix this problem by following the instructions given on how do so however the message I get is that there is no update. If there is a link on how to install the update can you please advise.

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Sep 21, 16 2:04 PM
I guess this is a tech issue. I just played level 118. Every single board indicated it was clear, and yet the main activity read out said there was a ground tile left, How is this possible? Any way I couldn't get the badge for the level because of this.

Go to: