LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Youda Legend: The Golden Bird of Paradise

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 1, 10 2:32 PM
I was hoping this would be a good game to play today. I really liked the Youda Amsterdam game, but not this new one. The pictures are too grainy and poor quality to have such small items. I don't mind looking for small items but the developers should have the technology to make clear sharp images if they prefer to have small items in their games.

I played for 40 minutes and got a headache so this will not be a game I purchase.

1LIR
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by 1LIR on Jan 1, 10 3:32 PM
I enjoyed it! Just finished playing and I find it very entertaining. The mini puzzles are good. They make you use the brain on some and then there are those that are rather easy.

The only fault I've found was the slowness after I got about half way through. The cursor was rather slow also, but today I had plenty of time to wait for it to get to where it needed to be. Some of the object were way too tiny.

Should remember that some of use doesn't have eyes as good as what they use to be and this can prevent some from buying.

Minnihopps
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Minnihopps on Jan 1, 10 3:39 PM
Happy New Year everyone.
I just finished the game, and I really like it. I agree that some items are very small and hard to find, but the possibility to change the brightness was a big help for me. And the hintbutton refills fast. I like the puzzles, but did skip some. Will try to do them all next time.
Had no problems with downloading or playing the game. Everything worked just fine.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 1, 10 5:49 PM
Unfortunately - did NOT like this game. took forever (for some reason) to d/l and save and activate. played for about 30 minutes, then quit and deleted the game. something about it did not appeal - some items were really, really tiny - also very "slow moving" - quite boring, actually. NOTHING about the game in the first 30 minutes of the trial made me want to "jump up and down in my chair" and think "I have to buy" !! Quite disappointing.- but that's only my opinion. Oh well - maybe tomorrow there'll be a more exciting game !! One can only hope !

I had also tried the Youda Legend Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond and that one was the same - didn't like that so didn't buy.

So, will wait patiently again for another EXCITING IHOG game !!

I wish every a healthy and happy NEW YEAR !!

[Post New]by wolfpup2227 on Jan 1, 10 6:01 PM
Hi all:

Played the demo, love the game but here too, very slow and choppy. I generally never have problems. I hope they come up with a fix. Won't buy it running like that.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jan 1, 10 6:03 PM
Don't hold your breath ....

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jan 1, 10 6:36 PM
I, too, found the performance sluggish and I rarely have any tech issues with BF games. I only played a few minutes. The graphics didn't seem that great to me either. I'll pass on this one.

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Jan 1, 10 7:51 PM
I can only reiterate what many have already said. Most games that Big Fish carry run just fine on my computer. With this one, my cursor floats (no option to turn off special cursor), drag time after going to hint, slow play, grainy graphics, items not clear. I don't really mind tiny objects all that much, but when they cannot be found even with a clue, it's not something I care to play.

In my opinion,

stone07
Koi
Koi
68,662 Posts

[Post New]by stone07 on Jan 1, 10 8:31 PM
A big

Nothing good to say, so I won't say anything.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jan 2, 10 2:43 AM
dont mind using hints sometimes, but with this game you have to use them alot, objects are to small, a NO buy for me
cisca

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Jan 2, 10 5:57 AM
Did play only a bit,this is not a game for me, could almost not find anything. I dont usually have such problems but this was to tiny. For people with good eyes.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jan 2, 10 7:51 AM
The walkthrough for Youda Legend: The Golden Bird of Paradise is now posted on the Big Fish Blog.

You can access the walkthrough by copying and pasting the link below into your address bar:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/youda-legend-the-golden-bird-of-paradise-walkthrough/

Thanks!

Margie B

Edited on 01/05/2010 at 4:09:41 PM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 3, 10 5:44 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game...but if I had only played the demo, and not bought it, I would have thought it wasn't worth it too. The demo on this one doesn't even begin to show off the game. Yes, items are hidden quite well, and I found it challenging to find everything without using a hint, but I did have to at times when I just couldn't find something. The mini games are different and a few had me stumped...thanks for the walkthrough, Margie...it helped, lol. I really do believe if the rest of you would get past the demo, you would wind up saying this is a really good game. I rate this one quite high. We are freezing here in GA, and our census was really low, so I flexed off four hours early. Got home about four and started playing this one...I was about an hour or so into the game, and I just finished a short while ago. I was so into it. But I sure would never have thought it would be this great after the demo. I just wanted another hog, so I got it and I am so glad I did. Can't wait for my daughter to play it, and I have a feeling my young grandson will like this one too. Just goes to show you can't always tell how good a game is just from the first hour...this one just kept getting better and better. More please, BF.

[Post New]by dbcroff695 on Jan 3, 10 9:04 AM
Almost at the end of this game, and I'm stuck on the last item! Can't find it even with the hint. The scene is the campsite after the 2 bird gate opened. Trying to find a weight. The hint circles part of a white tent and part of the jungle. I think one of the tools in the inventory will find the weight, but none that I try works. Does anyone know what is to be used here to find the weight?

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Jan 3, 10 9:52 AM
Hated this game and was glad when the demo finished (I was waiting for HP to recharge on an app). The items are tiny and even with a hint it's just a case of click and hope.Things do not even look like their description (since when does a 'column' look like a chess piece?). The graphics are grainy and so imo should not have small items.
There are no instructions as to how to play the mini-games so, yeah, you do have to use brain power with them but for all the wrong reasons.
I could go on and on... I'm sure a lot of fishies will like this game but it's a definate for me.
Happy New Year all!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 3, 10 10:54 AM
crappy game! too slow,

acyy415
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by acyy415 on Jan 3, 10 1:51 PM
I'd like to play the game NOT have the hints play for me!

Used 3 in the first scene!!!

NO I don't wish to BUY a headache!

Pass........on pixle pickin'

[Post New]by steeverv73 on Jan 3, 10 2:04 PM
Prima2339 wrote:I'm stuck already!
I'm on the second scene. It's the scene with a fountain and a board which advertises a fortune teller. I can't find a screw and the last remaining map piece??
I click on hint, which gives me a circled area in which either of these items should be located BUT I still can't see either of them in the circle??
I can't continue on in the game or go to a different location! The circled area the hint gives me, is right by the billboard sign for the fortune teller.
Anybody have an idea where to find either of these items or how I can skip the scene an continue on? In my inventory I have a light bulb, crow bar and map pieces.

They must be microscopic!

This is not fun.

the screw is sticking out of the mouth of the head on the left side at the top of the fountain, and yes, it is almost microscopic; the last piece of map is on the fountain at the bottom between the plants; you can faintly see a border/edge design along the top; it is the same color as the fountain; just click on the blank spot there, the map piece should just pop out

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 3, 10 7:07 PM
You have to use the scissors...and that chess piece looking column really is a minature column as you will see when you use it much later in the game, lol.

It amazes me...people will fuss because a game is too easy and then fuss because it is too hard. If all the games were the same they wouldn't be any fun. So I take the good with the bad and I usually wind up having fun with them. Of course there are some that are much better than others, and some that are worse. I just like to play, period. I have some books that I haven't finished because they just didn't grab me...and I have some games that I haven't finished for the same reason. But I know from experience that some of those books, when I finish them, will turn out to be very good ones. Not sure I can say the same about the games, but then many of you have raved about Madame Fate and Syberia...I haven't finished either one, yet.

[Post New]by lakesyd on Jan 4, 10 7:09 AM
I have never done this in the year's I've been playing games on Big Fish. I played the trial, then bought the game and it got so frustrating with how teeny tiny the objects were and using some of the inventory items that I quit playing it before i finished it and I was only a couple of areas a way - it just got so annoying so this one was a waste of money - I even went ahead and uninstalled it off of my computer. There are so many better ones -hope the maker of this one improves any future games of this title.

Go to: