vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 28, 16 7:42 AM
FINALLY got it to download. It's not a bad game, but relax fellow fishies - it's far too silly to continue. You ain't missed anything.xxx

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 28, 16 10:01 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to address the access violations people have been continuing to see. I understand that some have been seeing that Windows 10 isn't being listed as a compatible operating system in the 'Capability' tab for this game, and I wanted to provide some clarification regarding this. That tab is designed to be used to show operating systems that can be used in compatibility mode for the game, and so won't list the native operating system of the computer. However, this doesn't mean that the game won't run on the native system, and I can assure everyone that all of our newer games are designed to run on Windows 10.

The Moderation Team is working to pass along the reports here in the forums, and our teams are continuing to investigate the situation. If people are encountering this, and haven't done so already, we strongly recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. Those reports can assist our teams in looking into this issue, and also help our Reps to provide customized troubleshooting steps.

In the meantime, some users have found that running the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode helps to resolve the issue with the access violation. To run the game in compatibility mode, we first want to show the hidden files and folders on your computer. This can be done by accessing the 'Folder Options' from the Start search box.

Once that's done, we can navigate to the game folder and locate the main game file. Right-click on that and go to the 'Compatibility' tab. From here we can choose to set the game to compatibility mode for a wide range of programs. Just select 'Windows 7' from the dropdown menu, and then choose to 'Apply'. To start the game in compatibility mode, you'll then need to double-click on the main game file. If anyone would like more information or in-depth steps on how to do this, please feel free to contact our Support Team, and any of our Reps will be happy to help.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by KristiCamille on Apr 28, 16 10:10 AM
Just as an FYI, I am running Vista and am also getting the access violation message. Have repeatedly deleted and reinstalled and even deleted and reinstalled the Game Manager with no luck. I'm cutting bait (no pun intended) at this point and will be requesting a refund, but I really hope this can all be worked out. It's a wonderful series and I have a hard time believing that BFG can't do adequate QA on a collector's edition game, third-party developer or not. A premium price would seem to call for higher attention to detail prior to launch.

Edited on 04/28/2016 at 10:11:33 AM PST

[Post New]by junie39 on Apr 28, 16 7:04 PM
I am having a completely different problem I am on chapter 6 in Hecates castle and after placing the skull emblem I was supposed to get a key to continue the game I never got the key and although I have gone back to that spot over and over I cannot find the key to continue the game I cant get the necklace I need without the key . Otherwise love the game

[Post New]by ladyraye on Apr 29, 16 7:41 PM
Getting the Access Error Violation as I try to start the game but I am still using windows 8.1.

[Post New]by debdoty on Apr 30, 16 7:08 AM
I keep getting Error Access Violation at 0x007F01C0 (tried to read from 0x240A8E5) program terminated every time I get past the leopard going into the atrium. I reset the game and it still does the same thing. I have Windows Vista.

Edited on 04/30/2016 at 7:12:15 AM PST

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on May 2, 16 11:46 AM
Even after the recent update, I'm still unable to play the game. I don't get an error message any more, but the game just won't start at all.

Running Windows 10

[Post New]by debutaunt100 on May 2, 16 8:01 PM
coming up with error code 0x3270ds0 and saying its trying to read 0xfffffff. Please can you help. I have deleted all then reinstalled still same thing. Ran felix but can't add it here or would

nintendomo
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nintendomo on May 2, 16 10:29 PM
Sadly, the update didn't fix the game for the many of us who are having Windows 10 error messages. Thank goodness I didn't buy this game because I don't believe it will ever be fixed for those of us who use Windows 10. I am sure it is too much to ask for Big Fish and the devs of their games that they make sure that they are compatible. If they are not, a warning message would be good. Here's an interesting idea: how about putting compatibility info on the games' page? You know, say a warning that "This game is NOT compatible with Windows 10", or Windows XP or whatever. Just saying that it might make your paying customers happier than dooming us to wanting to play games and then findinig out that we not only can't play the game, but probably will never be able to play the game. Of course, an even better option would be to make sure that the games you offer are playable on all updated Windows versions?

Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by 9542 on May 4, 16 4:25 PM
wont come up again

[Post New]by PandaBlueBaby on May 5, 16 1:40 AM
Running windows 7. I just reinstalled the NEW VERSION and the game will still not play.. This is what happens: The game starts to "download" on the games manager..THEN it goes to "validating" THEN to" installing". Instead of download_installing _validating..When I click on "play" the game goes back to the game manager saying "play again" your time is running out. I have not seen anyone else describe this issue. The OLD version did the same thing. Cannot play the game. I give up. I am not a tech person and I don't understand how some games play perfectly fine then we get a bunch in a row that have issues of sorts on all operating systems, yet some people never have any problems at all. I don't want to be bothered with trouble shooting anymore. I did it allot when I came here 6 years ago, when the tech people would work with you and walk you thru it. You could get someone to help you right away back then. Not anymore, it is a waiting game now. Although when you do respond( a real person, not your automated response) you are very helpful. I just want the games to play and play correctly and not have to wait for weeks. By the time the issues are addressed I have lost interest in the game and moved on.

Edited on 05/05/2016 at 1:52:42 AM PST

[Post New]by freddh on May 5, 16 4:11 AM
I had the same error on Win10, game wouldn't start, black screen, same error code.
Got the game working by changing the DPI, as mentioned in the troubleshooting for Win10 (see one of the moderator's posts above) and setting it to 100%.
It's not a relaxed solution as I keep switching from 125% to 100% all of the time but at least the game works now.

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on May 6, 16 8:42 AM
Hope BigFish gets this. I just recovered my Window 7 from Windows 10. As long as it's not over a month, one can recovery their pervious Windows. I lost all the emails I was having with BigFish, as it was in AOL 9.8, which is not compatable with Windows 7. I downloaded the game again and I was able to open it - no access violation. Didn't start playing, so don't know if there are any cliches. But at least I was able to open it.

I lost all the emails back and forth. Was talking wtith Jason. Thanks for all your help and guidance. Hopefully, this will fix it and I appreciate all the time that was put in.

[Post New]by Mrsboxcar on May 8, 16 3:05 PM
I only get as far as the hero entering a room that was guarded by a leopard and the game shuts down with the following message:

Error: Acess violation a 0x007F01C0 (tried to read from 0x1
C068E58), program terminated.

I went to Download/Manual to see any updates but none was there. Will this glitch be fixed?

hel54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by hel54 on May 12, 16 12:47 AM
Have the same problem as linda and grammyapples with windows 10
and i have to agree with Anitra3.
Bigfish doesn't do anything about this

Edited on 05/20/2016 at 12:18:42 AM PST

anitra3
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by anitra3 on May 16, 16 11:42 AM
nintendomo wrote:I'm glad you got the game to work, but the game won't even o
pen for me....

having exactly same problem here
also have all the other istallment of the game and they work fine!
Beta tested this game amd enjoyed it so i didnt play the trial and now im stuck with a game thats not only not working but WONT OPEN AT ALL!!
im playing windows 8!!! have tried everything in the trouble shouting faq sheet but....NOTHING!!
WHAT GIVES DEV's and BIG FISH???? (im really peeved about this )

Edited on 05/16/2016 at 11:48:33 AM PST

anitra3
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by anitra3 on May 20, 16 6:59 AM
[i] WAUW OH WAUW!![ ]THANK YOU, Freddh for mentioning the only suggestion I didnt try as suggested to you by moderator, namely changing your DPI!!!! THE GAME NOW WORKS WITHOUT HICCUPS :
allthough i am still left wondering why the beta-trial worked perfectly without having to change anything and this version is giving a lot of people such grief
and for me, with my Eyesight what it is, its a real nuisance to have to change the DPI back and forht each time!! (i have to otherwise i cant read anything else)
So for any of you fishies who havent tried this yet (im on windows8 BTW) change the DPI back to 100% it might just work for you to

[Post New]by smikette on May 21, 16 1:13 PM
i can't even get the game to launch. nothing happens at all when i hit play. have automatic updates, but i manually checked, anyway. have uninstalled, re-booted and re-installed, all to no avail. no problems with games in a very, very long time. what's with this one?

[Post New]by NANA3801 on May 22, 16 12:01 AM
Having the same access issues that others are having. tried several fixes and unistall reinstall and nothing works. how long before this is fixed and if its not when do we get our refunds.

[Post New]by ovalsand on Jun 4, 16 8:03 PM
Yet another person for whom the game won't even open because of an access violation. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, the bfg manager app, tried all the tips from all the troubleshooting pages. Nothing. I rarely have any trouble with games, and this is the first one I've bought that won't even open. I am really unhappy about this, considering how many games I buy (so, how much money I spend.) I have not done a Felix report because I know the problem is not with my system, since my hundreds of other BFG games play without a problem.

I do not understand why some developers don't make sure the game is compatible for all versions of Windows - most of them do, but the devs of this game need to do this. And they need to FIX THIS PROBLEM ALREADY!

Go to: