puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews- Million Dollar Quest

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 26, 10 5:46 AM
I think there were 6 bones, but I had to check the walkthrough to figure that out because i couldn't find the top of the ladder, when the dog moved I did.

But the white page at the top that usually shows how many to find was blank.
Next I ran into a problem
WHERE ARE THE OTHER MIRRORS? I only had one to deflect the light on the next puzzle. On the walkthru there are 4 mirrors. I clicked everywhere hoping to find 3 more but had to finally skip it to get in the museum.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Jan 26, 10 5:59 AM
I loved Mushroom Age and I loved what I played of the demo on this one. However I, also, had a problem with the opening page freezing. I'd hit Alt Tab to minimize it but then instead of deleting it, I'd open it back up and the page would be completed loaded and I could play the game. I don't think I should purchase a game that is giving me that much problem already. I'll wait and hope they get it fixed. I would definitely buy this one.

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Jan 26, 10 7:36 AM
angelsfan01: To get the key check the janitor closet and enter correct password in the keypad. Remember what type of plane you came on when trying to determine the correct password. This a great game and am really having fun playing it.

[Post New]by bondsuzanne on Jan 26, 10 11:06 AM
Should not be classified as a HOG, it is not an HOG. Very stupid, boring, and childish. There's more dialog crap than game. To each his own, but it takes more than simplistic hangman, find the differences, and jigsaw puzzles to hold my attention and actually use my brain.

manysaying
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by manysaying on Jan 26, 10 12:39 PM
thank you all for comminting about this game. I was going to pass it by, didn't sound or look appealing but its great. One of those that I will buy before the trial is up. Even if its the first time I have bothered to reply = I read the comments so please keep chatting and again thanks

wrath6
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wrath6 on Jan 26, 10 7:19 PM
I agree with others game is childish and frustrating, the hint system was not very helpful - too much clicking. i didnt care for the way the porter and taxi driver were portrayed (i usually dont pay any attention to these things but for some reason - the porter really bothered me)

Edited on 01/26/2010 at 7:19:38 PM PST

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Jan 26, 10 7:30 PM
I thought the game was great and will be buying it as soon as a new month comes around. I like the way the story is an important part of the game and not just an add-on. I also enjoy the different puzzles. I hope some of them are re-playable later. It's a nice little quest game for those who enjoy a quest, with a bit of hidden objects, some compare the pictures and a few other games to idle the time away. The graphics are bright and cheerful, which I love. I don't mind the music at all and did not find it irritating or grating. All in all, I recommend the game to those who aren't looking for a serious or difficult game but who just want to play for fun and relaxation.

Edited on 01/26/2010 at 7:30:26 PM PST

[Post New]by vickibn on Jan 26, 10 7:36 PM
Anyone finding the very annoying jerking and picture flickering with this game? I have only played a few minutes of it, find it interesting, but it seems like there is something wrong with the way it is showing on my monitor...

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Jan 26, 10 8:48 PM
I really like game, not too hard but not too simple, just right.

The long loading at the beginning got a bit tiresome, but once the game started it was very enjoyable.

I have never seen this style of hidden object before, but I liked it, beats the list as that can get a little tiresome.

Good game but as I got quite far in the demo I do not know if I would buy it.

Also what was with the really bad Chinese accent.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jan 26, 10 9:06 PM
Sooooo Pirateville LOL Bet it's the same devs.

I did like that it told "17% complete" after you finished a level, b/c you could estimate the length. Didn't like that it would not let you save your place unless you finished a level. Meh graphix & minigames & Sandra's voice was irksomely peppy. Storyline bouncing all over the place. The facts that the still cutouts' mouths moved when they talked was creepy like that one Nostradamus game. There is a reason Johnny Depp lookalikes shouldn't talk LOL

How much ya wanna bet that this whole thing is set up by the cute neighbor & that he's a lawyer or PI & has something to do w/ am inheritance from the rellies she can't remember?

I don't think I'm going to make 6 games this month since the last batch of HOGs has been less than thrilling.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 27, 10 6:55 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:Still trying to figure out Green Moon...I really want to like the game but I am so stuck...it just won't let me open that left door in the beginning. Oh well, will try again one rainy day.
OT I know, but the key is in the clock.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Jan 31, 10 6:39 PM
Late to the party but...

Absolutely no problem downloading, installing or playing this game on my ancient XP laptop.

Cute game, but for me it lacks some of the charm and challenge of the other Nevo games, so I decided I don't want it, but it certainly wasn't a technical issue like so many fellow fishies are having.

FWIW, in addition to all Windows and driver updates, I run ccleaner, WinASO registry cleaner, and defraggler daily. I also empty temp folders and periodically clean out stray stuff that deleted programs leave behind. And I use Firefox with ABP and the other safety add-ons. Don't know if this makes it so I've never had a problem running a game on this computer but I thought I'd put it out there, with wishes for better luck for my fellow fishies!

[Post New]by vbplayer49 on Feb 6, 10 11:04 AM
It won't open for me. I've tried several times and it loads but I get stuck on the screen with the pyramids and airplane. Any thoughts?

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Feb 6, 10 12:26 PM
Hi,

If you find that your game is running slowly or you're having other technical trouble with a game, the best thing to do is make sure that you have the necessary updates for your computer to play our games.

If you're not sure what updates you need, I recommend the following article:

Help My Games Run Correctly

If you're still unable to get your game to work properly, click the "Contact Us" link on the left side of that article to get in touch with our Customer Support team.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Feb 9, 10 6:07 PM
At first I thought I might get this game because it seems like a long game that develops a plot of orphan and finding parents or such... who knows. But I got frustrated when the toy I clicked where it belonged would not go there no matter what I did. Finally had to close out and start the chapter over. Then, I had to pour a coke in the plant and then couldn't get the luggage cart to move. I randomly clicked numbers on the key pad in the closet and suddenly got the key, but after using it, still couldn't get the cart to move. Too much frustration. I'm sitting on a trial as juror this week so my patience level is gone... Maybe I'll try it later but it's a no for me now.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Feb 17, 10 2:37 PM
Hey Fishies!

I just noticed that this thread seems to have become the official Comments and Review thread for Million Dollar Quest, so I went ahead and stickied it. Please keep in mind that if you're going to post spoilers, stick a big ol' SPOILER tag at the top of your post just to warn other users.

Enjoy!

-bfgZambezi

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Feb 21, 10 1:20 AM
Hi all.

Just adding my two penny worth.

Thank goodness I have finished this game. It started out good, but it just went on & on & was mainly about random clicking just to get it over with by the end. It is as if there was not enough interaction with te game.

I do think it was worth $7 but I will need to be VERY bored to play it again.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 9, 10 11:20 AM
It did start out with great promise but it really was just a bare skeleton of a story that was used to string together alot of minigames.
Some good voice acting and some good graphics, though.

I finished it but I don't recommend it.

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Jan 3, 11 12:40 AM
This game was cute. I was hoping for something more however. The mini games are a wee bit easy, but I am the type that wants a challenge. The hints are plentiful and the story is there. Just I want more to a game overall.

I"m stuck!

[Post New]by athomewithfamily on May 15, 11 4:34 PM
I'm on chapter 11 where she is trying to break into the museum. found both parts of the ladder BUT... the top part wont' connect.. what am i doing wrong? I put it against the bottom.. nothing.. against the wall again nothing.. HELP PLEASE

Go to: