poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

Re:Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond

[Post New]by poppy85 on Jan 29, 10 4:57 PM
Cuddlefish wrote:Great game. No problems running it on Win XP. Seems about 3 to 4 hours long.

i agree - took me about 4 1/2 hours

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Jan 29, 10 5:13 PM
demoed-pics are good
story very good,first time playing this,its really cool,its like out of a comic book.
its different from the HOG I useually play.think I will get it.
I just count the games I have not played yet.I am 27 games behind.How am I going to catch up.Thats like 6.99 x 27 =188.73.thats a lot of .boy do I did some free games.

Airmid
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Airmid on Jan 29, 10 5:29 PM
biomix wrote:
biomix wrote:Does it play in full screen? I have a 22 inch monitor and it does cover the whole screen. I've tried changing my resolution which usually works for other games that don't offer a full/wide screen. Anyone else finding this a bummer?

Well, no answer on this one.

But I LOVE the game and used my credit.

Works well and my computer is dying. Next week I will be on Windows 7 with A NEW COMPUTER FOR MY BIRTHDAY!

Well congrats on your new addition to the home....new computers are soooo nice, and Happy Birthday to you!!

pocojazz
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by pocojazz on Jan 29, 10 6:01 PM
I too am having the slow, dragging problems with this game. This has happened to me on several games lately. Hidden expedition bermuda triangle was the first. I worked with tech support and we couldn't fix the problem. They issued me credit which was great.

I too have games that are much more graphically challenging and they run fine. No rhyme or reason about which games will play slowly. Must be a bug which I hope they fix as I liked the first game except for the super annoying driving the car around parts.

Come on, BF, you guys do everything else so well, please try to fix this issue.

Poco

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jan 29, 10 6:02 PM
Yeah, I'm not enjoying this game, either. Some of the hidden objects are just RIGHT in your face. I suppose they thought this would be a new twist, but it became old after the third or so HOG scene. Yes, I see the umbrella. It's RIGHT in front of me! The graphics aren't great on my widescreen monitor, though I'm not sure why, since the game auto-scaled to fit the screen. (The game is in "square" format with the black boxes on either side.) The graphics are somewhat grainy. I guess I could adjust my resolution, but I don't think I want to continue playing the game. The "find the extra-hidden pieces of the broken tablet" portion of the game was also odd. It really wasn't hard at all to find the pieces, since the game pretty much points out where they are hidden when you mouse over. This game is definitely not as good as the first one.

wrath6
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wrath6 on Jan 29, 10 6:16 PM
I enjoyed this game, i like the graphics , the HOG's were extremely easy as were the mini-games. I normally dont care for HOG's but it remained me of Sam Spade and i love those old shows.

I read previous post concerning the voice of NIck, so i demo'd the first one and have to agree , the developer made a mistake not using audio again. I loved the voice of Nick and totally reminds me of the serials from the radio.

Edited on 01/30/2010 at 5:09:39 PM PST

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Jan 29, 10 6:31 PM
Itsupikachu wrote:I really like this game but it's slow and jerky. I was able to correct the jerkiness of the cursor by changing it in the options but as for the game-play, itself, I could not eliminate the slow jerkiness of it. That's a shame because it looks like a good game. The only other thing I would have liked was to hear the actor's voices. The first Nick Chase game did have audible voices but, it, too is slow and jerky. I recently updated my graphics card so that can't be the problem. If it weren't for the game-play problem, I probably would have purchased both games. Hopefully, a new build will be available soon.

Actually, the graphics card can and most likely is the issue for you especially if you installed the card with the drivers that came with it. You need to go to the site of the card manufacturer and see if there are any newer drivers available. Cards that are bought or ordered off the shelf often come with older drivers simply because they've been sitting on the shelf for an unknown amount of time. Don't depend on the Windows driver update to get you the latest drivers because it never has the newest ones as soon as the manufacturer's site does.

[Post New]by Doodlebug4444 on Jan 29, 10 6:40 PM
Hi gamers... love this game .. i didn't play the first one, but after my 60 min of trial play, i decided to buy it! No problems on my end with regards to cursor or slowness .. I do have a silly question though ... I can't figure out the mirrored code from the mag cover ... 12.11.1931 ... (this is to open the safe) I have tried all kinds of variations ... it's likely so easy it pathetic I even have to post and ask ... remind me to get embarrassed later okay? LOL

Great game!

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Jan 29, 10 6:40 PM
pocojazz wrote:I too am having the slow, dragging problems with this game. This has happened to me on several games lately. Hidden expedition bermuda triangle was the first. I worked with tech support and we couldn't fix the problem. They issued me credit which was great.

I too have games that are much more graphically challenging and they run fine. No rhyme or reason about which games will play slowly. Must be a bug which I hope they fix as I liked the first game except for the super annoying driving the car around parts.

Come on, BF, you guys do everything else so well, please try to fix this issue.

Poco

I am sure they are willing to try and help, but they can't do it without your input! You need to contact CS using the green envelope at bottom right and report the problems you're having so they can gather enough information to help identify the issue clearly. In fact, EVERYONE who has posted issues with slow computer in this thread needs to do that. They cannot get the information they need just from this thread.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Jan 29, 10 7:19 PM
prpldva wrote:I LOVED it!

Hear Hear Great Game

Well Done

Lineck

Edited on 01/29/2010 at 7:20:28 PM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 29, 10 7:43 PM
Doodlebug4444 wrote:Hi gamers... love this game .. i didn't play the first one, but after my 60 min of trial play, i decided to buy it! No problems on my end with regards to cursor or slowness .. I do have a silly question though ... I can't figure out the mirrored code from the mag cover ... 12.11.1931 ... (this is to open the safe) I have tried all kinds of variations ... it's likely so easy it pathetic I even have to post and ask ... remind me to get embarrassed later okay? LOL

Great game!

Enter the numbers backwards- 1-3-9-1
1-1-2-1

Check out the walkthrough for a screen shot:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/nick-chase-and-the-deadly-diamond-walkthrough/#8

MissB59
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by MissB59 on Jan 30, 10 2:11 PM
I love the game .. played the demo, then immediately used one of my Christmas credits(sister bought me 4 credits for Christmas) .. I am running windows XP with 64 bit video card and had no problem, even using the custom cursor ...

[Post New]by Doodlebug4444 on Jan 30, 10 2:53 PM
prpldva wrote:
Doodlebug4444 wrote:Hi gamers... love this game .. i didn't play the first one, but after my 60 min of trial play, i decided to buy it! No problems on my end with regards to cursor or slowness .. I do have a silly question though ... I can't figure out the mirrored code from the mag cover ... 12.11.1931 ... (this is to open the safe) I have tried all kinds of variations ... it's likely so easy it pathetic I even have to post and ask ... remind me to get embarrassed later okay? LOL

Great game!

Enter the numbers backwards- 1-3-9-1
1-1-2-1

Check out the walkthrough for a screen shot:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/nick-chase-and-the-deadly-diamond-walkthrough/#8

Thanks so much! I didn't know about the walkthrough .. your the best! Off to play some more!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 30, 10 2:57 PM
Doodlebug4444 wrote:
Thanks so much! I didn't know about the walkthrough .. your the best! Off to play some more!

You're very welcome! Have fun and enjoy the rest of the game!

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jan 30, 10 5:10 PM
Have to say I love it! Much more than the first one.
Lots of different puzzles. Many tasks but not in a frustrating way.
I don't really miss the voice.
Awesome game all around.

Thanks so much. Lots of fun.

Jenje
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Jenje on Jan 31, 10 5:22 AM

Thanks a lot, Poodlebear, I switched off the Custom Cursor and everything is OK now. Jenje

[Post New]by katetbetrue on Jan 31, 10 12:55 PM
Enjoyed this one even more than the 1st. Will definitely buy. I scanned the walkthrough after my demo & it looked like I was about 1/3 of the way through. I have a rule that I don't buy if I am more than halfway through (judging by a scan of walkthrough after playing), even if I enjoyed the game.

@ Catathang, I was frustrated with this at first, too. I kept saying to myself" Where is the option for 0.2?" Then I remembered that to divide by a fraction, you multiply by its inverse. So 1 divided by 1/5 = 1 times 5/1 = 5.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Jan 31, 10 2:17 PM
For those enjoying, or not quite enjoying, this game:

Today's $2.99 deal is the original one, complete with Detective McDreamy's voice.

Smart timing, !

Enjoy, fellow fishies!

Faerie
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Faerie on Jan 31, 10 5:39 PM
My drivers are up to date and I also turned off the custom curser but it didn't help. This is the slowest, most sluggish game I've ever tried. Played for a grueling half hour but that was all I could take. Too bad, it seemed to be a pretty good game.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 1, 10 1:27 PM
I don`t like cartoons hogs sorry. I won`t buy it.

Go to: