cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

Re:Please, enough of these games of witchcraft

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Dec 21, 11 3:31 AM
Let me paraphrase queenjanis. She likes games with ghosts and vampires. Anyone who doesn't and prefers other types games, such as science fiction, is pushing censorship.

Any response I could make to that would require censorship.

queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by queenjanis on Dec 26, 11 12:34 PM
Exactly. The way I see it if they don't like them don't play them.You know what they are when you look at them. Don't take from those of us who enjoy these kinds of games.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Dec 26, 11 12:53 PM
I'll admit I didn't read the whole thread. I like some games with witchcraft; not all of them are dark and gruesome. Brunhilda, for example. I would like more variety though. That's why the DEV who did Awakenings and The Dana Knightstone games is fast becoming my favorite DEV.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Apr 19, 12 9:34 AM
I hate the witchcraft, skulls and ghosts in games. It's morbid and dark and I want something more upbeat. I do watch for that, but sometimes you don't know until later. If they make it obvious at the beginning then I don't play the trial. I won't play or buy them. In fact I'm kind of getting sick of the HOA games partly because of that and because they're becoming the same old stuff every time.

shell_1965
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by shell_1965 on Apr 19, 12 5:56 PM
please do not critisize what you don't understand. witchcraft is not evil! you are confusing it with devil worship. those who practice witchcraft celebrate the seasons, they honor the moon, sun, etc. (nature) they worship the "creator" what some of you call "god".
stop believing what you see on tv, most of it is fabricated for amusement and does not convey what a true witch is about.

redspyder
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by redspyder on Apr 19, 12 6:41 PM
As a High Priestess of a Wiccan Coven, I just want to say that part of what makes our world such a beautiful and interesting place is all of the diversity! Thank Goddess we have a CHOICE to believe and partake in the spiritual path that best suits us. There is really no *one size fits all* in anything. That goes for games as well. We as diverse fishies can all swim in the same pond, but maybe not in the same direction or to the same place.
Witchcraft (or the Craft) is very misunderstood and most people are quite ignorant about it. I use *ignorant* because it means lacking knowledge, not because I am inferring that anyone is stupid. Unfortunately most things considered *evil* get lumped in with Witchcraft and that is quite unfair. It has nothing to do with vampires and ghosts either.
I don't much care for games with crosses, or having holidays that I don't celebrate shoved in my face by most media, but I try my best to CHOOSE to ignore it. No one usually complains about crosses, but put a Pentacle (which, with one point up, is a symbol of protection) in something, and oh my!
Hopefully one day the world will become more tolerant and educated and we really will have peace on earth!

[Post New]by Mafioso43 on Apr 19, 12 7:05 PM
That's why there are demos! If you study ancient history, you'll study pagan mythology. It doesn't mean historians are Pagans. Personally, I like fantasy. Games are escapism. Even a realist needs to get out of the humdrum world. Why do you think RPG's were so popular? In my group of AD&D players, we numbered 60% computer majors.

[Post New]by spiritlaughing on May 8, 12 12:15 PM
I like the dark HOGs a lot. But if you don't like them, then don't buy them. It''s pretty obvious from the description of the game and the screen shots, and the walkthrough, whether or not it is prone to have the dark side included. And if that doesn't answer your question, download the free trial. There's really no excuse to say you didn't know what the genre was until you bought it.

As for asking that these types of games be discontinued, that is patentedly unfair and censorship at it's worst. Just because you don't like a particular genre, you don't have the right to dictate what anyone else gets to play.

Just check out the information on the game and if you don't like it, move on to one that tickles your fancy.

I Green Moon! I would say; Please keep developing these games of the dark side!!!!! I love them all! And no, I am not a dark side fanatic, I just love these games because it is mostly good vs evil, and good always wins.

Please, enough of these games of witchcraft

[Post New]by hawkboy7777 on May 9, 12 11:51 AM
dancer22 wrote:Is anyone else getting sick of these games that include witchcraft? On the one hour trials ,it seem like somes games start out interesting but then somehow skulls , potions and items of the dark side are included. I WON"T buy them! Some games I did purchase had witchcraft items later in the game. I was disappointed. [/quote

its JUST a GAME ??

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on Jun 19, 12 7:21 PM
Witchcraft?????

I thought of it as a laboratory/science experiement.

to each his/her own!!!

[Post New]by AnGeLlBaBie68 on Apr 14, 13 7:56 PM
BAH ITS ALL ABOUT THE FANTASY N IN MY OPINION BEING A MOTHER GRANDMOTHER AND GREAT GRANDMOTHER ........I FEEL THIS IS WHY GOD CREATED MOTHERS FATHERS AND GUARDIANS TO GET INVOLVED CHECK OUT WHAT THE KIDS ARE PLAYING IF YOUR PAYING FOR IT AND ITS UNFIT FOR YOUNG PPL EITHER A. DELETE THEM B. BLOCK THEM FROM KIDS MAYBE MAKE DISCS OF AGE N BELIEF APPROPRIATE YA KNOW BECOME THE BOSS N REVIEW ALL PURCHASES PRIOR TO BUYING AND AFTER BUT REMEMBER ITS OK TO ESCAPE REALITY .............VENTURE ON MY FRIENDS RELA LET LOOSE N HAVE FUN ALRIGHTY (WINKS)

BTW I LOVE GAMES WITH OTHER CULTURES BELIEFS N MYSTERYS TOSS IN SOME SKULLS ETC ONLY ADDS TO THE MAKE BELIEVE THE DECISIONS TO ENJOY DELVE INTO THE UNKNOWN AN WALK OUT KNOWING ITS JUST A GAME.. N BOY OH BOY I LOVED 13 SKULLS THE DARK PIPER .. SYOLEN BEAUTY .. SANITORIUMS CURSE OF THE AMBER MAIDEN WAS AWESOME ALL THE DK PARABLES THE DUTCHMAN PIRATES WITCHES GHOSTS N GHOULS JACK THE RIPPER CATS OF UR COMMON BRING IT ITS ALL GOOD CLEAN FUN BTW SS FOR CAPS IM 70 PERCENT BLIND N THATS EXACTLY WHY I LOVE THE HOS KEEPS MY MIND AND EYES ACTIVE GREAT FUN TY BF

Edited on 04/14/2013 at 9:10:17 PM PST

Go to: