karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

Re:Sarah Maribu and the Lost World comments and reviews

[Post New]by karen876 on Feb 14, 10 11:09 AM
I really enjoyed this game and agree with the positive feedback.
This is a long game if you aren't pressing the hint button every time it refills(it took me 5+ hours). I hate using hints and only do so when absolutely necessary (shortens the length of a game and so therefore your enjoyment) but that brings me to my only beef about Sarah Maribu. I can agree with items being in different orientations and shades to that shown in the list but I spent ages looking for a 'Blue' butterfly that turned out to be green. A ring, further on, showed a blue gem that was actually purple in the scene. This is just cheating on the part of the Devs....

[Post New]by coop_69 on Feb 17, 10 8:41 AM
great game!

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on Feb 17, 10 10:46 AM
I think if you're looking for a game to share with a child, this would be a nice choice. The graphics are pretty, the objects are relatively easy to find, and the puzzles are really quite easy (at least the ones I came across during the demo). So for a family oriented game, I give this two thumbs up.

[Post New]by zackdesi on Feb 23, 10 2:48 PM
Where do you get the "free coupons" people are talking about? The only coupons I get are the $6.99 I pay for each month or the $2.99 ones. If there are free ones out there where can I get one?

sassybee
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by sassybee on Mar 9, 10 12:19 AM
It's just an ok game. Needs less objects to go thru just to find the item that's wanted. Also didn't like the way the items only showed up one at a time. Most of the players time is spent looking over and over at the same scene because you can't pick up an item until it shows up on the list. This is a lazy way to put a game together.

The items also were not displayed the same in the item list as in the scene due to different orientation, shading, dimensions, and color. And for pete's sake, wish the designers would quit putting dark items in dark spaces, tho thankfully, it didn't happen excessively often.

This game would be great for young teens but repetitive and quickly boring for adults. The game is supposed to be interactive but really had very little of that. This is a very stationary game with little to no action involved. Everything is still and quiet except for the way a creepy crawler kept moving across the scenes. Actually that was distracting when trying to find objects. I often wonder if the creators of games like this just run out of ideas to keep a game interesting.

Still and all this game has some good points and if you're looking for a laid back way to spend some time, this is your game. The graphics are quite good and the scenery is spectacular. A lot of it is bright and cheering, with wonderful dinosaur creatures, beautiful flowers and plants, and unusual critters of all kinds. The story involves a secret uncharted island filled with prehistoric creatures. The items to find are for the most part connected to the storyline, which is refreshing. Music? Don't know except for what other fishies have said. I turn music off. For those that can't get enough of HOGs, there are probably about 20-25 different stages to get through. Happy hunting.

One thing did make me laugh and that was at the ending credits. The main character and her male counterpart are safe back home sitting in an outdoor shaded swing, glad to be off the island of dinosaurs and away from backward natives. As the credits roll past, a little... never mind. Watch the credits if you want to know. lol

Edited on 03/09/2010 at 12:31:00 AM PST

AZsam
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by AZsam on Mar 12, 10 12:37 PM
Love this game, also Gardenscape. Could someone tell me about more games like this that are fun and not timed. Thanks.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Apr 2, 10 12:42 PM
We enjoyed this very low-key game. It was a nice break from some of the more complicated ones. Storyline a littlle silly, e.g. dinosaurs. However, the hints were plentiful even though very few were needed. Interactive scenes uncomplicated. We had little tasks to perform, e.g. crowbar to open box, key to open chest, etc. -- nothing more. Puzzles were very easy to figure out. Relaxing game; graphics very good; easy to spot most objects. Good game for kids.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 24, 10 6:19 PM
Played half the demo and immediately found myself smiling playing this. Colorful, bright, fantastical. Upbeat music, and when the music started to wear on me, the ambiant sounds were great to listen to instead.

This is one of the ONEBILLION sale games this weekend. So I'm in full sale shopping mode - which is why I only played half the demo. I intend to buy this at this great price. I don't think I ever even noticed this game existed till today.

Anyway, since I did only play half the demo, all I can say is I didn't run into any problems or frustrations during that time. It does not appear to be timed, and the custom cursor has a box in options to turn it off, but don't know how that effects gameplay when there's cursor changes to indicate areas of interest.

[Post New]by sillymoose on Jul 29, 10 1:14 PM
Cool game. This one's a keeper.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 4, 10 12:38 PM
jane4564 wrote:How do you get a free coupon? Let me know. I'd like to buy this one but if theres a coupon I can get I'll wait. Thank You
zackdesi wrote:Where do you get the "free coupons" people are talking about? The only coupons I get are the $6.99 I pay for each month or the $2.99 ones. If there are free ones out there where can I get one?
For a while now there's the punch cards: You buy 6 games @ $7 (less a penny) and get a "free" credit for another. And the $7 club discount, from $10 to $7, includes the "free" monthly credit

But as ZackDesi says, none of it's any more free than "free" delivery from a store in your town or "free" shipping from a catalog or online store: The cost of "free" either comes out of the vendor's profits or it's subsidized by the prices all customers pay. And if it ever does come out of the profit side, those profits are enhanced by higher traffic at less overhead per customer.

Or as the SF community knows, TANSTAAFL: There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. (In a previous century, a "free lunch", so labeled, was salty stuff in bowls along the bar, designed to make you thirsty enough to buy an extra drink or two.)

Edited on 12/04/2010 at 1:03:14 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Sarah Maribu and the Lost World comments and reviews

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 4, 10 1:00 PM
scarlet_11dy6 wrote:This would also be a fun introduction to an older gamer who's never done a HOG or IHOG b4 b/c of the very explicit directions & the relative ease of finding HOs. I thought it was cute & very well done. It is, however, pretty simple for experienced HOGgers (hence the above complaints). I'm sure some adults will buy just to have a game they can easily whup LOL
There are also some adults who are simply not very good at HOGs, and whom practice doesn't help very much--at least not very fast. Your Humble Servant here, for instance. People like me will buy it because it's a surmountable challenge. And I did.

To top it off, starting some days after my buy on those grounds, I'm having to use a semi-effective mouse for several days. Its biggest problem is that it "can't go left"--which means, the same as with a basketball player, that it can go left, but it's slow at doing so and occasionally has to be coaxed.

With anything timed suddenly near impossible for now, this is the absolutely perfect game for me, so far.

Close second on that score: Nick Chase, also available from , which like Sarah's story is untimed with generous but not unlimited "hints". (Side Rant: My idea of a hint is a good picture, as opposed to a verbal label, which is where this game starts. Giving the answer away entirely is not a hint, despite general--tho NOT universal--usage in HOGs!)

Scratched from the running: Journey of Hope. There is such a thing as being too easy and obvious, even for a congenital HOG incompetent like me. I felt more disappointed than anything else when I found some of its objects, and haven't even finished the demo!

And a different species entirely, but also champion: The World Mosaics series.

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Mar 13, 11 5:49 AM
I loved this game and had no issues with it during play. It was challenging but not too hard. I had to use my noodle. I appreciated it because it was logical. I could see what needed to be done, just had to figure out how to do it. It's certainly worth the DD and in my humble opinion worth what I paid for it which was more than the DD.

[Post New]by idahogamer on Mar 13, 11 10:59 PM
This was a really fun, lighthearted game. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well worth the cost, and it only cost $2.99 today!

[Post New]by wolffiveclaw on Mar 13, 11 11:58 PM
Will buy this as the dd as it looks a fun game. I'm getting a bit fed up of reading comments about games being too easy or for kids and moans about how hard done by the poor gamers are.
There are gamers who are looking for something easy, there are gamers who can't manage the hard games and, just as importantly, there are kids who want games. Should they not be allowed to play or should they be sidelined into a page of their own where they never get a bargain or a game of the day? SHould we perhaps pretend they don't exist? No of course not!
So please stop moaning because the world doesn't revolve around you.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Mar 21, 11 10:25 PM
I forgot I purchased this game a month ago. I think I purchased without trying first just because it was an ERS game. Although quite different than most of the ERS games, I am certainly enjoying it. I am taking my time and you will never see me post that I finished in record time. That's just not me.

The graphics are clear and concise - like someone else said - almost 3D effect. The puzzles are fun and the interactive tools/H0's are extremely well done.

This is the type of game you want to stay in your pj's, curl up under a throw on the couch and play on your laptop, sipping tea or hot cocoa.

GKj

merivilan
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by merivilan on Mar 28, 11 6:59 AM
It was a lovely game in that the graphics were beautiful. The dinos in the distance were mesmerising.
But as usual I had to put logic to rest and just enjoy the game. In one scene she finds three different guns and some other heavy duty weapons and in the very next scene she says she wants to find a weapon. LOL
I wish I had waited through the credits now. I deleted the game too quickly and now may never find out what happens as I do not think this game has much replay value.

[Post New]by bellamina1957 on Jun 7, 11 12:02 AM
I really like this game, it has beautiful graphics and sometimes I like a game like this to play with my grandaughter whose only five. She loves HOB games and can't always play them with me when they are too hard. I will buy this game just for the time I can play a game with her, and she has young eyes so grandma needs her keen vision.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Jul 11, 11 10:22 PM
This was a cute, relaxing game. Instead of word lists, you get images of the items to find. To make it a little more difficult, sometimes the objects in the scene are of a different orientation than in the list, or they're in the shade and thus appear as a different colour.

The puzzles are all pretty easy. This would be a good game for kids as well.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 6:29 PM
This game is a nice to game to play, with nice graphics and no much of a story to follow up.

It does have its fun but that is all.

meridi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by meridi on Mar 17, 12 5:38 AM
The game was easy, enjoyed the grapics. Two things I hated were the distractions, i.e., that large green critter stomping back and forth, really got on my nerves and the bugs and spiders. Why do we need these ugly bugs and big hairy spiders, gives me the chills just thinking about them.

You can always count on having bugs, spiders, snakes and feathers. Never fails.

Go to: