lydiajmack
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Re:New version of Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera available now

[Post New]by lydiajmack on Feb 17, 10 10:58 AM
mumsyb wrote:I can't get the sheperd crook to work, Ikeepgetting told to find something to knock the key down with
e

I too was having a hard time with knocking the key down. You have to hold the crook just in the right place. a little below the sparkly area. just keep trying. Lyds

[Post New]by hamal1954 on Feb 18, 10 9:53 PM
yes I have been haveing trouble with the last part of the puzzle. every time I get it done it locks down on me. I have deleted two times and reload it and it is still doing the same thing. so do you know what I can do to get it to work right? Thank You

jerimeri
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jerimeri on Feb 19, 10 2:48 AM
The puzzle in the castle tower has a bug. I've tried 3 times to get beyond it.... I can get as far as getting the key down but I cannot move it. If I hit "SKIP" the entire game freezes and I have to task manager out of it.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Feb 19, 10 6:23 PM
I'm in the dungeon doing the water puzzle. I can't figure it out so I want to skip it. THe skip button is lit up but I can't press it! I tried going out of the game and back in, still stuck there. How come I can't use the skip button??

[Post New]by retire2007 on Feb 19, 10 6:50 PM
One of the best IHO games published in a long while.. I had no glitches that I couldn't account to my own problem solving issues. No freezes, no glitches.
Love it.... A play again game as far as I am concerned!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Feb 28, 10 8:45 AM
Great game BUT - very annoying music clips that endlessly repeat. But even worse - after I finished the final puzzle the game froze. I uninstalled/reinstalled, redid the final puzzle and it froze again. Geez - I can't even see the ending now!

rhi29
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by rhi29 on Mar 6, 10 5:31 PM
jerimeri wrote:The puzzle in the castle tower has a bug. I've tried 3 times to get beyond it.... I can get as far as getting the key down but I cannot move it. If I hit "SKIP" the entire game freezes and I have to task manager out of it.

rhi29
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by rhi29 on Mar 6, 10 5:35 PM
jerimeri wrote:The puzzle in the castle tower has a bug. I've tried 3 times to get beyond it.... I can get as far as getting the key down but I cannot move it. If I hit "SKIP" the entire game freezes and I have to task manager out of it.

thats exactly whats happened to me,so annoying,i was loving the game up to this point,im gutted,does the fix work?

JeannieO
Catfish
Catfish
1,663 Posts

[Post New]by JeannieO on Mar 8, 10 2:45 PM
After reading the forum comments where some loved some hated and a lot had technical issue's I said WHOA and did a backstep but being hardheaded I said to myself got to try it OOO Yeah LOL.

I downloaded and then re-downloaded the new build. Played about 30 min. loving it then said ok going to sit on it awhile and come back. I did just that waited a few week's playing other things and talked myself into just do it ...Play the game.

Had to have it grabbed me from the get go love these type games so had to buy it.

Heads UP LOVED IT sucked me in just like a great book when you start it but takes a little reading to really get into the story and then YOU can't put it down. Nice long game loved that too.

Graphics were great for me, music fit the game, had a few little issue's nothing I could not live with (the worst was the sheppards staff have to hit it in a weird spot but kept after it til I got it) Nice puzzles, I did skip a few because did NOT want to leave the game long enough to use the walk through. Did not have a problem at the end there was a little OK to skip credits for me in the bottom right hand corner and it worked. Took me back to the main screen so I could exit.
I really do give this a

Just one tiny fishes opinion in a big big pond.

Running Vista here and I do update everything often

[Post New]by inky89 on Jun 26, 10 4:27 PM
I have uninstalled and downloaded the game twice and nothing happens with the spiderweb. What is the problem? I have done everything as instructed.

safarinow
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by safarinow on Aug 1, 10 10:41 AM
safarinow wrote:
scarlet_11dy6 wrote:
I dont care which vrsion is issued..1st off no one can contact these idiots..and I call them idiots because they think we wo buy these games don't actually have a brain..well we do..and 1st off ..I take offense that YOU think tha I need YOU to tell or guide me thru YOUR stupid game..and it became STUPID..when U decided that I....could not understand YOU and YOUR..DUMB GAME>>>> GET OFF THE PODIUM>>AND WE MIGHT ACTUALLY PLAY YOUR GAMES..STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must be one of the stupid ones then b/c I'm not even getting the gist of this rant? So how would the devs? (whom I deduced were the aforementioned idiots but that was about it)

If one has even half a brain it is very EZ to contact directly to the creators if one has an issue. Games have credits. Credits can be Googled. Common sense. But as Picman says, it's better to contact CS here (the distributor) b/c then they can contact to the devs on your behalf & let them know there is a problem. But I don't think anyone is going to listen when they can't even decipher what your problem might be, other than stamping your foot a lot.

Nicest manners seem to go a lot farther than rude all caps yelling & 11dy6 exclamation pts. You may want to experiment w/ that. O & sentence structure, spelling, coherency, etc. B/c I don't know what has your knickers in a twist so it's doubtful you'd get any other sort of response than HUH?

safarinow
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by safarinow on Aug 1, 10 10:49 AM
To scarlet_11dy6...... Whoa! What or who rattled your cage ? I think you need to have your blood pressure checked . BFG have ALWAYS been good to their players by trying to bring us the best in gaming. Maybe you need to take up knitting instead -it's better for your nerves Peace on and smile . safari now

Edited on 08/01/2010 at 10:53:24 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 2, 10 2:40 AM
hazy12 wrote:I have been playing the Curse of the Opera and have finally reached the final puzzle. Everything goes fine until the key comes down and is supposed to enter the slot to the door lock - then it stops before entering and the screen comes down. I have been playing this came and want to see the ending but cannot seem to overcome the key in the slot obstacle...can anyone help?

This happened to me too. And then, all of a sudden, the screen goes up again and I can continue the puzzle.
However, like others experienced, the game freezes once the puzzle is finished (I actually skipped the puzzle), and after the key went into the keyhole, the game froze. After hammering about on my keyboard for a while, all of a sudden the game continues with the end dialogue (that was a rather abrupt ending, IMO).

Because I have read that several people have issues with this last puzzle, it would be a good idea for the game developers to look at the game again and fix that problem and bring out a new version. I only downloaded this game a few days ago - after seeing the latest version of 'Nightfall Mysteries', so I have the latest version.

[Post New]by Tootieandme on Aug 2, 10 1:51 PM
Can any one tell me where the brick is to break church window, seems I'm stuck there

Thanks in advance Tootieandme

[Post New]by robbygeorge on Sep 9, 10 10:45 PM
krissywillow wrote:I asked elsewhere and was ignored.

DOES THIS NEW BUILD FIX THE SAVE PROBLEM, OR NOT?

[Post New]by LadyBadDark on Sep 22, 10 4:09 PM
Sorry for my bad english, but I need help.
It's very important, so, I download the trial and I don't see anything. It's just black and i don't know what's the problem? Please help me.

I'm so sorry for my bad english,

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

cant play in windows 7 -- very bummed

[Post New]by pgillenw on May 24, 11 6:30 PM
barbyhart1 wrote:Any plan to address windows 7?

I had purchased this game to play on a MAC. Now that I have a new PC running Win 7, widescreen, 64-bit OS screen resolution 1600 x 900 and time has passed sense last play on MAC I decided to download with the hope that the game would play on my PC. How disappointing. I loved this game and would again make a purchase to play on my PC.

Any chance that the game can be engineered to play on Win 7 Widescreen?

[Post New]by shirlton45 on Apr 9, 12 10:19 AM
I am still not able to save the game

[Post New]by Sherjones on Jun 2, 12 10:19 AM
shirlton45 wrote:I am still not able to save the game

I could not get this game to save either!!! I had already purchased and played Nightfall Mysteries Asylum Conspiracy and Black Heart with no problems whatsoever and I loved them!!!!!!!
I want to be able to play this one too!!!
Windows 7
Please fix the save for me!!!!!!!!!

Go to: