pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Swan Princess and The Dire Tree CE here.

[Post New]by pungstress on Jul 14, 16 7:23 PM
karenmusik wrote:New tent issue! My problem is now I can't create the weapon for Ross. The worktable in the tent won't interact anymore and I am now stuck. I've already updated although I did not have to start from the beginning - at least I thought so. Maybe I'll try again when I'm really bored. I really hate being so close to the end and having to replay the whole game.

I had the same problem. In fact I had NO issues until I installed the update.
I am not about to either re-start the game or wait for yet another fixed version.
I am going to be asking for my money back.

idbeek
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Swan Princess and The Dire Tree CE here.

[Post New]by idbeek on Jul 14, 16 8:29 PM
No crossbow for me either. Map says there is nothing for me to do, spear disappeared and the table in the tent is now inactive. Sounds like we need another update. This is getting frustrating!

[Post New]by cookingschool on Jul 15, 16 7:49 AM
I'm in the same boat with the crossbow. I cannot create it in the tent as the worktable will not accept the fire or fire tendon. The guide is no help and neither is the map or hint button. This is after I installed the update......

CassB
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by CassB on Jul 15, 16 9:47 PM
I am also having the same problems. There was a thread that was locked by the moderator stating that they would let the developers know.

[Post New]by Hamish_MacEwan on Jul 16, 16 1:39 AM
Yes, another player with the crossbow problem.

The tent seems to have been the location of two game blocking faults, not to mention the many minor glitches this poorly QA'd title has had.

In addition the bizarre solutions to some problems, a grappling hook to open a desktop, a broken string edges out an item under some armour.

Novel, innovative? No, stupid indulgences that may amuse the developer but they break the trust of the player and now we're left with no faith or idea what to do.

Then blocking faults, like the glue, and crossbow and tent, and generic suggestions for resolution of very specific and shared faults from Bigfish support.

Rushing this game to market was a risk, and now we're paying. If refunds are available, they should be offered.

[Post New]by dfoldesi on Jul 16, 16 1:50 AM
Same problem - no crossbow & work bench will not accept fire or fire tendon. Playing game on PC, Windows 10. Attempted to manually check for update(s) & response was that there are "no updates available". I'm 2 or 3 steps away from finishing the main chapter & would be less upset (maybe) about starting the whole game over IF there was some guarantee that I wouldn't run into the same problem. These games are not exactly cheap & it would be nice if they worked the way they're supposed to - or if the developer provided some compensation for putting out a faulty product. I'd hate to think that, because they already have the money, there is no concern regarding customer satisfaction. SO FRUSTRATING!!!

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Jul 16, 16 10:26 AM
I installed the update long before ever seeing the Tailor again and getting his darn tent.
I got the glue and did not fix the swan queen. Now the tent is gone and I am stuck.
I am not going to replay this very long game right now, but will contact customer service.
A member since 2008, I am becoming very disillusioned in BFG. I know I will get a coupon, but I would rather be able to play the game I bought. Multiple issues with the tent is just too much.

bgnam8r
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by bgnam8r on Jul 16, 16 10:41 AM
I'm having the same issues with the tent creating the crossbow. I can enter, go to the work area & it won't accept either pieces to get the crossbow. so ver frustrating at the end of a really good game. Dark Parables is one of my favourite series but this game needs some patches by the developer

[Post New]by summerleo on Jul 16, 16 11:44 AM
OS PC Windows 7 Premium 64-Bit SP1
Got to the end of the game. Poisoned the spear. Picked it up. Saw that there was an update to the game, and downloaded that. Spear has now disappeared and there is no where to go in the game to proceed, according to the map. Can't find the spear anywhere. Not happy.

stefq
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by stefq on Jul 16, 16 11:58 AM
Also unable to get the crossbow. Hope that there will be another update soon.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jul 16, 16 5:11 PM
sonofstar wrote:New issue. I'm near the top of the Dire Tree. Inside the guard post there's a place to use keys for magical seeds. I had one key, went to place it, the keyhole lit up and the key completely vanished. The game keeps pointing me back to the key hole area. When I'm on the key holes and hit Hint, it makes its musical sound but shows nothing.

So with game coders would actually play through their entire games as if they'd never seen them before. This is a long ways into the game to encounter a glitch, have to start all over again and hope to get past yet another bug. And the thing is I love the Dark Parables series. The graphics and stories are so awesome. The bugs are HUUUUUGE downers.

Downloaded the update but the issue with the disappearing key has not been addressed. I really don't want to have to either uninstall/reinstall the game or start all over again with another profile. So discouraging.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jul 16, 16 5:33 PM
Throw my hat in with the "NO CROSSBOW" crowd.
Win & Pro 64-bit.

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

spear gone and no crossbow

[Post New]by kandinsky on Jul 16, 16 8:16 PM
after the update and almost at end of game I too got
kicked out of play by this further glitch
it seems to me the sort of thing that almost ought to have
some sort of credit of payment from big fish although
I suppose, cost aside, that would be hard to administer.

Pleiadestar
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pleiadestar on Jul 17, 16 7:44 AM
Well I havent even gotten as far as the tent - I am on chapter 2 just before the swamp and I can't open the HOP. Any suggestions?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 17, 16 12:19 PM
Howdy Everybody,

Thanks for continuing to update us with technical issues being experienced with this game. It sounds like there might be an issue with the crossbow near the tent section that the previous update managed to help fix a different issue in. Since this seems to be affecting a few players so far, I have gone ahead and reported these recent reports to the appropriate teams and passed along the contents of this thread to help. Thanks again for helping us out by reporting these issues here.

For this particular issue, it may help to run the game as an Administrator to help provide the Windows system as many resources and permissions as possible to play the game and possibly help reveal those missing items in the game. For more information, including some steps, on how to run this game as an Administrator, check out the link below:

Run Game as Administrator

For Mac computers running into issues, here's a helpful guide to try some troubleshooting steps on:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If those steps don't seem to work out, or if you'd like some personalized assistance, please feel free to get in touch with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, and they're always happy to help.

Thanks everybody for your patience.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by kazooie2628 on Jul 17, 16 3:36 PM
Alright. Here's probably the most annoying issue for me: my save file keeps getting corrupted and then I have to start all over. The first time it happened, I had just quit the game for the first time (I had to work on a project for work at that moment and had just received feedback, so I had to stop to finish it up). When I loaded the game back up, I hit play, the loading screen stayed up for while, and then a message came up saying my profile was corrupted and I'd have to delete the profile and start again (I tried to just play the profile anyway, only to start at the beginning again and all the collectible acorns I had found were gone from the screens, but they weren't registered by the game, so it was impossible to complete that achievement).
After that, I delete the old profile, made a new one, and managed to play pretty far. I even managed to open up the game again after I stopped and quit (I did this rather early on to make sure it wasn't a recurring issue). Then I got to the tent issue that other people have mentioned...and had to restart my profile again. So that was annoying.
Finally, on my third attempt at the game, I managed to beat the whole thing. To prevent corrupting my data, I played the whole game in one sitting, including the bonus game. However, as soon as the bonus game was done, when I went to open something in the extras section, the same pop-up telling me that my profile was corrupted and would have to be deleted showed up and, though I was able to play the extras thing, I had lost all my progress in an instant.
TL;DR: I lost my game 3 times. Once to the tent issue, but twice to profile corruption. What the heck caused my profile to be corrupted? Should I uninstall and reinstall the game? Oddly enough, the Big Fish Game Manager seems to think that I've never downloaded the game...

sw0p
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sw0p on Jul 18, 16 1:50 PM
I downloaded the game for the first time after the update for Mac was done.
Still I have the tent issue which is disappeared before be able to glue the swan.

caroleenh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by caroleenh on Jul 19, 16 6:54 AM
I am also stuck at the tent looking for the crossbow. Since it seems that this is a very common problem I would think that an update fixing this problem should have been done by now; This type of problem is becoming more common with Big Fish games. Please fix it!!!

Lost Medal Puller

[Post New]by littleoldlady on Jul 19, 16 2:35 PM
Using Windows 10. I am nearing the end of the game. I received a medal puller and then came across what looked like a set of medals on the wall. I think it was in the guard's outpost, but now I cannot remember. I tried to use the medal puller on the swan medal. It disappeared and nothing else happened. Now I cannot finish the game.

I have bought all of the Dark Parables games, but have found this one frustrating.

[Post New]by FullerK0901 on Jul 19, 16 9:27 PM
I've made it to Chapter 8 and I can't access Ross Red's weapon. I have the firestone and every time I try to put it on the work table, it comes up with nothing. I restarted the game with no luck. I'm so close to finishing the game - please fix this soon!!

Go to: