narquailan
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Re:Welcome to Aveyond: The Lost Orb forum

[Post New]by narquailan on Feb 27, 10 3:20 AM
Hi SeverineSnape & thank you for the input. I thought that cave was where I needed to be but it seems to be a dead end. I get inside & it only goes one way, down a hole which splits left or right. Both ways lead outside to the river & a deadend. There doesn't seem to be any other way around, over, through or under. Mel doesn't appear to jump or run this time. I am a plodder, I tend to be very thoural when I play, but I feel like I have missed something. I keep running Mel into the cave walls hoping something will give & walking her to the edg of the clifts but nothing... What am I doing wrong? Thanks again. Nancy

[Post New]by Dayspring on Feb 27, 10 5:39 AM
SeverineSnape wrote:I think Millennium 2 was the best out of all of them. It is the second one in a series, though, so even though you can start it as a new game, you will miss the first half of the story. Also, it is quite a difficult one. But it is longer than the Aveyond 3 chapters.

Out of the 3 chapters of Aveyond 3, the middle one, Gates of Night I think is the best and the longest.

Thank you!

[Post New]by quas1998 on Feb 27, 10 10:00 AM
I need help finding an emerald to make a growing potion for the beanstalk. I seem to have other gems from battle, but not an emerald. Is there one place I need to look?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 27, 10 2:37 PM
quas1998: Try killing some green slimes in the Crystal Caves.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 27, 10 2:41 PM
Narquailan: there is another way through that cave. Don't go down the hole where the cave then splits into 2, but go down the steps that are just south of that hole and follow the tunnel that follows from there. At the end of it is another exit.

Edited on 02/27/2010 at 2:42:19 PM PST

narquailan
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by narquailan on Feb 27, 10 3:06 PM
Severin Snape....well DUH!!! JUst call me a blind old bat! And thank you once again. I knew I was missing something. I sure will be glad when a walkthrough becomes available. At least then when I get stuck, I can usually figure it out between the maps & all. Thank you so much for all you do to help us all. You are a very kind and intelligent person. This is one 60 year old who really appreciates you. narquailan.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 27, 10 3:54 PM
you're welcome! That's what the forums are here for!

As the main continent locations have been used in both Lord of Twilight and Gates of Night, you could have a look around for walkthroughs for either of those and use those maps.

Edited on 02/27/2010 at 3:55:19 PM PST

sonhof
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by sonhof on Feb 27, 10 5:48 PM
beastiful wrote:just push the boulder off the cliff (pretty simple but it took me an hour) then walk down the steps and push it to the little channel to block it. dont worry im brain dead and still in school lol hope that helps. and dose anyone know where to find the diamond plz help me

diamonds are found by defeating creatures in the fauna caves near hielopolos (spell??)
good luck

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Feb 28, 10 5:07 AM
Narquailan:
There are annotated maps (every map in the game as well as the World map) posted at the amaranthia website, with many paths marked, and all chests, bags, dirt piles, important people (and non-humans) indicated.

There is also a rather extensive FAQ there.

narquailan
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by narquailan on Feb 28, 10 5:21 AM
Orchidna
Really? Well call me blind again and thank you, too. Been to that site, but I didn't see what you are talking about. Need to look closer & harder. You know, I just may need new glasses. Spend a lot of time leaning in to the computer trying to 'see' and dark scenes...forget it. Thanks again. Think I'll go have a looksee. Have a good one.
narquailan

Oleg1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Oleg1 on Feb 28, 10 5:29 AM
How should I lure Pixies on the other side of the bridge, si I can blow it up to pieces?

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Feb 28, 10 5:57 AM
Narquailan:
There is a Maps, Guides, etc, topic stickied at the top of the TLO forum there. It contains links to all the maps.

Oleg:
You need candy from Madhuri in Shoal Leiu. She will give it to you partway through the Remove Damodar's Curse sidequest.

Edited on 02/28/2010 at 5:58:42 AM PST

akarle2002
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by akarle2002 on Feb 28, 10 11:32 AM
OK. I know it is silly but I already have played The Lost Orb 3 times. Does anyone have a time frame for when Aveyond: The Darkthrop Prophecy will be released? I already can't wait!

Edited on 02/28/2010 at 11:33:13 AM PST

[Post New]by add4u2 on Feb 28, 10 5:17 PM
Where do I find the fishing net?

[Post New]by mel5186 on Feb 28, 10 5:32 PM
hey how do i find the tutor

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 28, 10 7:43 PM
add4u2: the fishing net is just north of the entrance to Underfall.

mel5186: the tutor is in Acropolis, which is the very last city you go to in this game.

zixin
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by zixin on Mar 1, 10 12:03 AM
Where is Edgar?
Where can I find nails,hammer and crowbar?

Edited on 03/01/2010 at 1:00:55 AM PST

Oleg1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Oleg1 on Mar 1, 10 5:18 AM
Thanx a lot Orchidna, but still, I can't find a way to remove Damodar's curse!!!

[Post New]by auroranight on Mar 1, 10 9:30 AM
does anyone know what i need to do to get the perfume in shoal leiu? i keep going in after every new completed side quest but she just says she is working on it.
thanks for any help!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 1, 10 1:02 PM
zixin: the crowbar is on the floor in the west wing of Tyobi Palace. The hammer and nails are behind the locked door in the kitchen of the palace. You will be able to get in when you're back in Tyobi to rescue Karl.

Oleg1: to remove Damodar's curse you need to talk to Gretchen in Witchwood and help her with her quest.

auroranight: you can't buy the perfume in Shoal Leiu. But do go back when you have Spook in your party, because he can get a sample.

Go to: