pinkorbit
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Diner Dash 5 Boom CE Comments & Reviews

[Post New]by pinkorbit on Mar 9, 10 7:16 AM
now that i've played it through, i don't think the CE was worth $20. a few extra sketches and some rather poor images of the previous games' title screens do not make a retrospective in my book. it would've been nice to have some interviews with the various designers, or with the person (people) who came up with flo in the first place.

also agree about the walkthru. someone went through a lot of trouble to write out those seating plans! it's a shame they're not very useful.

i know that sometimes with the nancy drew games, i would use ctrl+alt+PrtScn (print screen button; it's right above the insert button on standard keyboards) to 'copy' the image on the screen. then i'd open up Word or Paint and use ctrl+v to paste it onto the page. ...but now that i think of it, i think the walkthrus are more than one screen long...

i did like the game play, the characters, the music, the little 'disasters'...gameplay was easier; if i can make expert then you know it's been simplified, lol!

i understand this CE thing is a new concept BF is trying out...i don't feel jipped, because as some other posters have said, i made the choice to purchase the game in the first place. and you have to admit, they were pretty fair to give a demo. i think what happened to a lot of people was that they saw that it was DD and just got so excited

i don't usually do the forums much, but after purchasing the Awakening Game, and DD5, i think i will be more apt to browse new games in the forums before making an impulse buy.

[Post New]by littegoldfish on Mar 9, 10 6:38 PM
As with all the Diner Dash games, this one is great as well. I had a lot of fun with the new strategies ie.. the weather and the townies so this made the game interesting.

As far as the Facebook option, it didn't really bother me because you don't have to participate and it may be fun for those that would choose to do so. I never would, but the option is there so I think it is a matter of preference.

Fun as usual, keep up the great work DD!

[Post New]by stefhummel on Mar 16, 10 8:48 AM
I paid $6.99 for Diner Dash 5..barely worth that much. I had all levels beat in less than two days. It was a fun game, but not near enough levels or difficult enough. The first DD was more challaging than this one. I wouldn't be pleased at all if I had spent $20. on this game! Too easy, not enough level's with increased difficulty.

[Post New]by bookworm_54 on Mar 29, 10 2:26 PM
will someone please tell me how to go about seating the businesswomen that come in groups of 8? I am stuck on that level and can't figure it out!!

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on May 21, 10 12:34 AM
I think it was worth $6.99. I got the one for $19.95 and was disappointed because I thought there would be more levels in this one than the regular version and there wasn't.

Although overall it was easy. I had to replay the last three levels to get expert score on them, but I did it. Once you learn that the points come from seating customers it gets easy. Now I am going to try that same strategy to beat two others Diner Dashes I have and maybe one day I will get them all.

Re:Diner Dash 5 Boom

[Post New]by ladyb10sp on Apr 11, 11 7:38 PM
I don't know where else to post this because I don't have the collectors edition. Can somebody help me anyway? The salad bar doesn't work in my game. Losing a lot of points on level 9 of squid row can someone help. I uninstalled the game and re-installed it still having same problem nobody is fixing a salad.

rednancy1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rednancy1 on Jun 18, 11 10:18 AM
Not sure if this helps or not. But you have to click onto the salad bar on each bin to replenish it. It took a while to figure this out. I'm stick on Squid Row too.

[Post New]by MichaelMaiden25 on Nov 5, 11 6:48 PM
LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH! !!!

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Jan 7, 12 5:59 AM
breeze through all the levels. cute graphics as like all diner dash games. Love em!

Go to: