kat84
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

Re:Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal

[Post New]by kat84 on Feb 19, 10 9:28 PM
I actually like it when a game is a bit more challenging, but this game is just frustrating. You run around in circles the whole time trying to find hidden object areas but the maps don't make sense.

Here are some hints and tips for people that want to try it anyway: (I only played the demo, so it's not complete)

1. Hidden object areas - you don't even have to read the list of what to find, just scan the screen inch by inch and click on everything that doesn't seem to belong in the scene.
2. Finding the hidden object scenes is trial and error. At least I couldn't figure out any pattern to where the arrows lead and the map.
3. When you click on a sparkly spot it usually tells you what to do (i.e. placing the flowers in front of the stone and the butterflies on the pillars or release the dove on the entrance)
4. Lion puzzle - right click on the lions until they're facing far enough out that they start spitting the water onto the grass. I don't remember the pattern on how to turn them in order, trial and error again.
5. Make a drawing of the water drop puzzle if you can't remember it. Some patterns are harder than others. The first one I got I wasn't able to solve, the second one was basically a circle on the last level.
6. The puzzle where you have to remove the identical tiles works best when you remove the ones that are significally different from the others. (i.e. first the ones that only have one dot on the top, etc.)
7. The torch puzzle was super frustrating. I finally managed to extinguish them all after 10 minutes of trial and error by accident only to find out that you have to do the exact same puzzle again on the other side of the hallway. I gave up at this point because I was ready to punch my computer.

Hope this helps a bit. The best advice I can give is don't even try this game. It pissed me off enough that I made my first post in a forum ever.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 19, 10 11:30 PM
I actually found this game to be very easy as far as I got, which was extinguishing both sets of torches. The game is linear, so you just have to do everything in order. I liked the music, but the graphics could have been a bit sharper.

I used one hint in the hour, and it was for one of the tiles in the boat scene. Hum. I clicked on it, but it didn't "take", and I thought it wasn't really a tile, LOL. The jewels, flowers and bugs are easy enough to find if you search patiently. None of the puzzles are overly demanding.

On the water circles, try tracing the pattern as it plays. Remember the pattern, and not the individual notes/circles.

On the torches, the directions say clicking the lamp will extinguish the lamp and all adjacent lamps. If you click only on the lamps that have other lamps on every possible side, you will find that you get them all in just a few clicks.

I like the game, but wonder how close I am to being finished. I wish I had a sense of the length...

valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by valeriepres on Feb 20, 10 1:23 AM
I am stuck on the flames. How do you extinguish the flames puzzle?

valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by valeriepres on Feb 20, 10 3:38 AM

"On the torches, the directions say clicking the lamp will extinguish the lamp and all adjacent lamps. If you click only on the lamps that have other lamps on every possible side, you will find that you get them all in just a few clicks."

Some of you have solved this puzzle so could you please give a hint of the best way to complete it. It is driving me mad!

Edited on 02/20/2010 at 3:40:13 AM PST

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Feb 20, 10 5:58 AM
valeriepres wrote:
"On the torches, the directions say clicking the lamp will extinguish the lamp and all adjacent lamps. If you click only on the lamps that have other lamps on every possible side, you will find that you get them all in just a few clicks."

Some of you have solved this puzzle so could you please give a hint of the best way to complete it. It is driving me mad!

Hi val,

What I did was start at the bottom and worked the flames up till I had only the top two corners lit with the flame to the side and below lit also. Then I clicked on the 2 corner flames. It really is trial and error. You can do it!

Good-luck

valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by valeriepres on Feb 20, 10 8:07 AM
To Cyndo123

Have you finished the game? I am now stuck again. I have 4 scrolls at the bottom of the screen but don't know where to go next. The last thing I did was pick up tiles at the "terrace". I think that is where it is. It is near water and there in a boat in the screenshot and what looks like washing hanging on a clothes line to dry.

Can you please help me again?

wager371
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by wager371 on Feb 20, 10 9:36 AM
I can't get the gems to stay in the wall. I did match them. After you lay the flowers and get the key is there anything else to do there? How do I get in?

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on Feb 20, 10 3:48 PM
The problem I had was not finding all the hidden objects in some of the scenes. It does scroll over (note the arrows on the lists). Once you figure that out...........the game is a piece of cake. Wonde if there will be a game on other Wonders of the World!

Edited on 02/20/2010 at 3:49:24 PM PST

[Post New]by bluangel8104 on Feb 20, 10 4:23 PM
The game was O.K., but I ended up beating it in the trial time. It was kind of nice not having constant pop-ups telling you what to do every second, but at times it was frustrating trying to figure out what to do. Fun, but short.

[Post New]by bro_bee on Feb 20, 10 4:26 PM
i like the game... the hidden objects are easy enough to find. the only thing i didn't like was the map seemed useless and that i spent some time wandering around trying to figure out what to do after i found everything-especially after the second map... and i like the mini-games...feels more challenging that i can't skip them...

Mischie
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Mischie on Feb 20, 10 5:42 PM
Cyndo123 wrote:
valeriepres wrote:

Hi val,

What I did was start at the bottom and worked the flames up till I had only the top two corners lit with the flame to the side and below lit also. Then I clicked on the 2 corner flames. It really is trial and error. You can do it!

Good-luck

Ive tried this and every which way to extinguish torches and just cant do it, there has to be an easier way mischie

net47
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by net47 on Feb 20, 10 8:11 PM
doodlebug2u wrote:The Lion Area: have solved the puzzle but it will not let me leave back to the entrance. I am not sure about the game as this was the first task and it seems like a whole lot of hassle. I just kept clicking on the lion heads until they were all watering the grass.

Pick up the gem out of the fountain then you can proceed

[Post New]by Dottyj06 on Feb 21, 10 8:29 AM
Must be having a seniors moment -- can't get past the tile match.
I can find one, maybe 2, and then I have to do some more trial and error.
Any suggestions?

[Post New]by flutterbyz24 on Feb 21, 10 10:15 AM
Beautiful scenes; frustrating play. I think, for me, not having a skip button on the puzzles was what made me decide I won't purchase this game. It is hard on older eyes - I had to pull out the magnifying glass and still couldn't find some of the items that were basically the same color as where they were hidden. Nice thing about BF - if you don't like a game - just wait til tomorrow - you might get one you want!

vero0655
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by vero0655 on Feb 21, 10 11:28 AM
DONT BUY THIS GAME IS TOO, TOO SHORT, AND VERY EASY.

[Post New]by RobynPCBeach on Feb 21, 10 4:49 PM
I am stuck in the garden collecting the gems and flowers. I have read some entries and started a new game to collect the items in order. The objects are easily seen, however I can't get the darn thing to let me collect the items. I stay with one object and try to collect in sequence yet it will not work. The green gem sparkles I try to pick up the green gems the red flower sparkles I try to get the red flowers. The cursor just keep looping out. Help!

Thank you
Robyn

2thick4u
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by 2thick4u on Feb 21, 10 11:59 PM
Well I placed the butterflies got excited and bought the game. Like it's been said was fun and great graphics. Was able to muddle through the puzzles with and pen and paper for the water scene. Placed the butterflies and time ran out.

After I bought the game and went back in the butterflies are back and have no idea where to go next. Have spent the last five minutes fling thru trying to find out what to do nect and have no idea and no walkthrough to tell me what's next.

Everyone saying they finished but I am stuck wondering why I purchased a game that I can't navigate through. Oh well it is better than the mess I went through with the Tarot Misfortune loved the game but too many gliches.

Don't care if I can't skip through the puzzles on this one they are easy enough to figure out but sure would love to know what to do next. Only have one scroll after all of this so I probably didn't pick some up along the way. But don't know?!?!?

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Feb 22, 10 2:14 AM
I 1/2 liked this game and 1/2 hated it. The scenes, setup and story are nice. The mini puzzles should have a skip button. The HOs could have better graphics and some are very small. It shouldn't have rocks among rocks or tiny green butterflies among leaves, but ok, then don't give us the loopy cursor after only 3 mis-clicks. It needs to have a bit more instruction or continuity, in the 1 hr demo, I made it up to the West and East Towers and then spent the last 10 mins wandering aimlessly around. Once you pass an area, when you click on an area on the map it should take you there.

[Post New]by mrsruds on Feb 22, 10 10:04 AM
Have got stuck at the torches game. Can you help please

M_E_M_O_M
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by M_E_M_O_M on Feb 23, 10 8:42 AM
I WANNA WALK THROUGH!!!!!!!

Edited on 02/23/2010 at 8:45:02 AM PST

Go to: