Re:Welcome to Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal forum

[Post New]by Pisces47 on Feb 23, 10 5:48 AM
I, too, have enloyed this game so far, albeit a little frustrating. I havde read through this forum looking for an answer to finding all the butterflies for the pond. I have the blue & red/orange one and have completed all the **** tests. In the garden where all the butterflies were, I found all of them and the two I have were placed in the box at the bottome of the game. BUT - where do I find the other two to place on the sparkling poles in the pool. Took me a while to get to this as the rings in the pond was a bit of a stumbling block with the small amount of chances. I would be tempted to request a refund if unable to find the answer to the question, but would be disappointed as so far, as already mentioned, have quite enjoyed the challenge. I see that I am not the only one stumped with all the butterflies and some have the other colours I need, but not the ones I have.

aquamaid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by aquamaid on Feb 23, 10 8:03 AM
Hi I am stuck at the pond after finishing the game. The post light up to place butterflies on the post. How do you get to the butterflies to place them on post? HELP SOMEONE

[Post New]by glunsford on Feb 23, 10 8:28 AM
I am at the pond and have all the butterflies but the green one. I found the green one but now it has turned to black. What have I missed?

[Post New]by lisspoiled2 on Feb 23, 10 10:56 AM
Help...I am also stuck. I have completed everything at the mosque (torches, hidden objects, butterflys, grass, jewels, flowers, etc) and have visited every location on the map and compketed them but can not figure out how to move on. I have 4 scrolls at the bottom of the page showing what looks like steaming bowls under a moon, star, sun, diamond and am now stuck. What do I do now to progress?

[Post New]by Laura21230 on Feb 23, 10 1:23 PM
Before writing anything further I must congratulate Big Fish in their excellent selection of customer service employees. Their response is not only quick, but actually helpful and polite. That said I must complain about this particular game:

I loved this game, at first. It's beautiful and the pop ups give a very good history of one of the most famous building in the world. Sadly, I found it impossible to play and I don't typically give up on games. Nothing I tried seem to work and I don't like using walkthroughs as it feels like cheating, though in case just to see the remainder of the graphic artwork and the history (sure I could look that up, but I have started here). This one is definite toughie and I written to BF to suggest that they create a new category for these that contain little **** and much more lateral thinking type puzzle. Their reply stated that game developers are throwing everything into a single game in order to attract buyers from all interest groups and that they will consider a new category (I suggested adventure hidden object or quest hidden object) or warn in the description that this is not a true **** game. In going through the forum I see I am not the first to have great trouble with this game which does make me smile *GRIN*

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Feb 24, 10 5:39 PM
I was attracted to the graphics in this game and then disappointed by the game. I will not buy this game for all the reasons stated above (bribling did the best job of summing up the problems with it), The too small, too hidden objects, the large clunky cursor with low tolerance for clicking on such small items was the worst. What a shame, as it has the makings of a good game but gone awry.

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Feb 24, 10 10:25 PM
Not going to buy this one. Getting an arrow to move to a different screen was always a challenge. Haven't figured out if there is a story line. I found all the hidden objects fairly easily, but am completely stumped at how to do a matching game with 3 chances and 20 tiles that are exactly the same. Seems like they all match - but nothing matches.

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on Feb 25, 10 1:43 AM
The game started off good - little collecting here, some sorting there, when it came to the matching puzzles or the lantern puzzle ..... UGH. There needs to a new category here - Games that try to do everything. Taj here is definitely a game that tries to do everything. The problem with trying everything is that most of the time, there's always something that suffers. The navigation was .... backward at best. The big cursor I could forgive. The factual popups I liked. But without a skip function, no purchase for me.

[Post New]by tismonow on Feb 25, 10 6:55 AM
I am not a happy camper. I got to right before the torches in the trial,then bought the game. Now I cant pass the torches so I just wasted the money I could have used to buy a better game. I think all games should have skip buttons. I love to solve the puzzles but sometimes they are just to hard for my old hands and brain.
Im pushing 65 and spend lots of money and time playing but I hate winning a game 5 minutes after I buy it or never being able to finish it because im not fast enough.

[Post New]by JDfromBC on Feb 25, 10 5:03 PM
I love this game...Have been stuck many times, and to those of you who have helped me, I thank you!!

Now I'm running amuck in the tunnels under the Taj, Does anyone know how many pieces of the puzzle there are? Would love to know before I start drinking something stronger than tea..

Thanks, JD

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Feb 26, 10 1:13 AM
The game is very well presented but way too short. I finshed it with no help in less than 2 hours and feel a bit cheated.
Anywho, what the heck, I enjoyed it but wouldn't buy the next, maybe, installment unless it was more gameplay and less attention to graphic photosl.

Edited on 02/26/2010 at 2:22:17 AM PST

[Post New]by kris_gamer on Feb 27, 10 7:10 AM
Graphics was good, mini games are interesting....Initially I felt game was difficult to understand was thinking to go for buy or not, but once I was able to understand play, it was really amazing one....I can say it's really an challenging & adventurous game in HOG's.......overall it's superb...worth buying...

Edited on 02/27/2010 at 7:12:22 AM PST

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Feb 28, 10 8:00 AM
I played the game and finished it today : Beautiful, but....far too short and a lot of minigames are repetitive... its a pity...because I would have loved to play for a little longer

Raska

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Feb 28, 10 8:02 AM
JDfromBC wrote:I love this game...Have been stuck many times, and to those of you who have helped me, I thank you!!

Now I'm running amuck in the tunnels under the Taj, Does anyone know how many pieces of the puzzle there are? Would love to know before I start drinking something stronger than tea..

Thanks, JD

Just look at the map...The yellow parts are those where you find the map pieces !
Raska

[Post New]by sweet_ebony46 on Mar 1, 10 4:45 PM
This game truly sucks and i would like to have my credit back please..... And can never recommend this game to anyone, the only thing I can say is don't buy this game.

Thank You sweet_ebony46

tuatua
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tuatua on Mar 4, 10 3:28 AM
I was fortunate to be in India last week and saw the Taj Mahal at dawn. It is really wonderful and thought this game would be great to relive the experience but this game is not for me. I found the flowers and rocks and emptied the fountain but could not work out where to go from there. I will save my dollars for something else

[Post New]by anneni on Mar 4, 10 9:34 AM
I also wonders why there isn´t any walkthrought for this game. It´s a good game and hard to understand but sometimes you just got to have some help. The lamp ( hint) is regarging very slowly but as I sad...with a little help i know this is a good game.

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on Mar 5, 10 6:06 PM
Personally I liked the game and could with a little more attention work out the puzzles except when I got to the torches. No matter what I couldn't get past either torch puzzle and wasted the last 15 mins of my trial. I was going to buy until I ran into this problem. With no walkthrough available or skip button - no sale. Pity could have been fun.

[Post New]by Kathiemt on Mar 8, 10 8:11 PM
Here is the torch hint. On the one you start on the torch lit in the right corner. By clicking on it you also turn off the one next and the one above. On the other torch game you start from the other side (torch lit in the left corner).

2. Tile hint: tiles are not exactly the same so match those that are and keeping going from there. 2 tiles only have one sideways stem, 2 tiles only have one up and down stem. 2 tiles only have one dot on top.

Go from there.

[Post New]by talberti on Mar 9, 10 7:50 AM
THIS IS THE MOST STUPID GAME I HAVE PLAYED FROM BIGFISH GAMES.............I THINK YOU NEED TO TAKE IT BACK TO THE TECH'S AND ADD MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE GAME.............AND ADD MORE INTERESTING PLAYING, BUT I GUESS OUR INPUT DOESN'T COUNT FOR MUCH AS LONG AS YOU GET YOUR MONEY FROM US...........

Go to: