Re:Welcome to Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches forum

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Apr 6, 10 10:48 AM
BeadedLady wrote:I love this game, as others have commented - logic, logic, logic! HOWEVER, I can't seem to combine the three pieces of slate. When I right click on a piece, nothing happens, then I left click and bring it over to another piece and left click again - nothing happens - no matter which of the three I try to combine with another. Is it me?????

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi BeadedLady

You're doing the correct thing but there does seem to be a problem with the slates with many players - although not everyone - so I'm not sure if it's a bug or some data that was lost in the download process in some cases.

The good news is that I can send you a save which will allow you to combine the slates and continue the game.

I'm sending you a PM so we can exchange email addresses.

Best wishes
Karen

[Post New]by gavswin on Apr 8, 10 12:58 PM
We have reached the point in chapter 5 where we put the items on the table in the living room and we accidently put the helmet and pig in first, only for them to disapear from our inventory. If we move away and come back they still dont return, so we have only been able to match the wand to its sound and the death shroud to its sound and cannot do anything with the remaining 2 MP3's we have. Any ideas what we can do?

Going back to a previous save is not an option as we have been overwriting each save as we go.

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Apr 8, 10 4:32 PM
gavswin wrote:We have reached the point in chapter 5 where we put the items on the table in the living room and we accidently put the helmet and pig in first, only for them to disapear from our inventory. If we move away and come back they still dont return, so we have only been able to match the wand to its sound and the death shroud to its sound and cannot do anything with the remaining 2 MP3's we have. Any ideas what we can do?

Going back to a previous save is not an option as we have been overwriting each save as we go.

Hi gavswin

I will send you a PM so I can arrange to send you a saved game with the objects back in your inventory so you can continue the game.

Best wishes
Karen

[Post New]by Bookworm44 on Apr 9, 10 4:03 PM
Finally finished the game. I LOVED it and can't wait for their next. The best part for me was that it lasted much longer than other similar games. Keep 'em coming!

[Post New]by sweetsara32000 on Apr 17, 10 9:22 AM
Hi, I've picked up the article on water and read it but it wont mark it off so i can get the frozen slides out of the freezer. is this a bug? I've even tried reading the article in different rooms hoping it would make a difference. I'm getting frustrated as I can't progress because of this simple thing. I've already scanned all the objects for it. just can't get the article read in the notebook...
Thanks!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 17, 10 11:15 AM
sweetsara32000 wrote:Hi, I've picked up the article on water and read it but it wont mark it off so i can get the frozen slides out of the freezer. is this a bug? I've even tried reading the article in different rooms hoping it would make a difference. I'm getting frustrated as I can't progress because of this simple thing. I've already scanned all the objects for it. just can't get the article read in the notebook...
Thanks!

It won't be marked off until after the entire project is completed. Have you tried and are unable to take the slides out of the freezer? If so you may have a glitch. Post back because I can give you some advice if that is the case.

[Post New]by sweetsara32000 on Apr 17, 10 12:00 PM
nwl43 wrote:
sweetsara32000 wrote:Hi, I've picked up the article on water and read it but it wont mark it off so i can get the frozen slides out of the freezer. is this a bug? I've even tried reading the article in different rooms hoping it would make a difference. I'm getting frustrated as I can't progress because of this simple thing. I've already scanned all the objects for it. just can't get the article read in the notebook...
Thanks!

It won't be marked off until after the entire project is completed. Have you tried and are unable to take the slides out of the freezer? If so you may have a glitch. Post back because I can give you some advice if that is the case.

yes that is what is happening. the only thing in the notes I have is to read the article and freeze the slides. it wont let me do anything after that. Doesn't check off the article no matter where I read it and cannot take the slides out of the freezer

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 17, 10 3:01 PM
About taking the slides out of the freezer. You have to leave to pantry, go to another area and then come back before you can pick them up. If you have done this and still cannot take them out of the freezer you have the same glitch I did. I had to start over. I've noticed lately that the developer of the game has offered to send saved games to people so that they do not have to start over. If you will look at the posts above this one in this thread you will see one by kazkaz1957. She is the developer. Send her a pm and describe your problem.

[Post New]by sweetsara32000 on Apr 17, 10 8:14 PM
nwl43 wrote:About taking the slides out of the freezer. You have to leave to pantry, go to another area and then come back before you can pick them up. If you have done this and still cannot take them out of the freezer you have the same glitch I did. I had to start over. I've noticed lately that the developer of the game has offered to send saved games to people so that they do not have to start over. If you will look at the posts above this one in this thread you will see one by kazkaz1957. She is the developer. Send her a pm and describe your problem.

thanks!

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Apr 19, 10 1:04 PM
We can't go anywhere with the trial version, am I right? Still looking for the flashlight and the key, 30 min into the game. I am not allowed to explore anywhere around.
Do I really have to buy the full version in order to play or am I missing something here? I know I am not very good with that kind of games but still...

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Apr 19, 10 4:14 PM
samwise50 wrote:We can't go anywhere with the trial version, am I right? Still looking for the flashlight and the key, 30 min into the game. I am not allowed to explore anywhere around.
Do I really have to buy the full version in order to play or am I missing something here? I know I am not very good with that kind of games but still...

Hi Samwise

The game area is limited in the trial due to the restrictions in file size. The full game allows much more exploration but many of these areas have had to be cut off as they would make the trial too big. However, even with these limits, you can complete the whole of chapter 1 as you would in the full version as the puzzles are all in the house (with one quick trip outside to get one item).

If you get as far as inside Rhiannon's bedroom, you'll get a good idea of the story and the type of gameplay - that is possible in an hour but you have to work pretty fast.

Best wishes
Karen

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on May 18, 10 2:10 PM
I am stuck at the piano in chapter one.. I have listened to the music and have followed the sheet music. I have played the notes time and again but nothing happens. Some of the given notes seem wrong but I play them anyway. Is anything drastic supposed to happen once I play the piano, or have I triggered something silent that will happen later?

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on May 19, 10 3:49 PM
VelvetRose55 wrote:I am stuck at the piano in chapter one.. I have listened to the music and have followed the sheet music. I have played the notes time and again but nothing happens. Some of the given notes seem wrong but I play them anyway. Is anything drastic supposed to happen once I play the piano, or have I triggered something silent that will happen later?

Hi VelvetRose

The Ash Grove music is a clue to the puzzle to get into Rhiannon's bedroom upstairs. You can play the tune on the piano but that is only so you can convince yourself that the tune is the same as you hear when you see the puzzle on the door. I suspect that you haven't yet triggered the puzzle or I think you would have seen the connection. I don't want to give too much away before you've had chance to see the puzzle for yourself. You need to have lit the fire and leafed through all the book called the Legends of Pryderi which is in the bookcase in the downstairs office to trigger the puzzle. Then go upstairs and try and open Rhiannon's door.

If you need any further help, I think the walkthrough will guide you through without giving away more than you need at the time. There's a thread in this forum with a link to the walkthrough.

Hope that helps
Karen

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on May 19, 10 4:45 PM
Thanks, Karen. I avoid walkthroughs. I prefer hints. Thanks for giving me some clues.

BTW I fed the cat. :-)

[Post New]by rvergilio on May 22, 10 3:16 PM
Hi, This is my forst time with a game like this. Trying to learn all the ways this type of game works.

I'm at the point to start the fire. I have the fire starters, kindeling and lighter. However, I can't get the logs to go into inventory. I can pick up the logs but when I select it again, they drop to the ground. I've been everyehere on the grounds and in the house that is available. At least to my knowledge so far.

Any help as to how to keep the logs so I can start the fire.

Thanks

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on May 23, 10 3:21 PM
rvergilio wrote:Hi, This is my forst time with a game like this. Trying to learn all the ways this type of game works.

I'm at the point to start the fire. I have the fire starters, kindeling and lighter. However, I can't get the logs to go into inventory. I can pick up the logs but when I select it again, they drop to the ground. I've been everyehere on the grounds and in the house that is available. At least to my knowledge so far.

Any help as to how to keep the logs so I can start the fire.

Thanks

Hi rvergilio

I think the most likely cause is that you haven't listened fully to the ansa-phone message from Jen suggesting that you light a fire. Everything in Rhiannon follows logically if you use the clues but sometimes you'll find things won't always go into your inventory if you haven't first discovered why you may need them. Check the phone in the living room and make sure you use the arrow button to scroll through all 3 messages and listen to each message until the caller puts the phone down before moving on to the next one.

Hope that helps
Karen

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 24, 10 4:27 AM
Sinsaint wrote:
hide3brain wrote:I wanted to get a feel for the game with the trial. I don't expect to have most of the game available........However.......I should be able to do a few things. I found the firewood. The Cursor picked it up but wouldn't allow me to put it in invenyory. The phone messages (and other story parts) are slow. I don't want to spend 25% of the game time waiting for them to crawl by.
I think I'll wait for games from the people who made the Return to Ravenhearst.
Is there one coming out with VICTOR?
That would be great.

This Thanksgiving(ish) will be the next MCF release.
Thanks Sinsaint, that really give me hope ! I've been quite unlucky with games later on. Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates did help, with a lot of fun, but I'm dying for a sequel of Return to Ravenhearst. When ???I keep on hoping, wishing, expecting, desiring..................................................

[Post New]by Ellen07 on May 31, 10 7:21 AM
Darn, have everything but the fire starters. Where the heck did I miss them??? So far, this game is ringing my bell.

[Post New]by Ellen07 on May 31, 10 8:02 AM
Finally found it. Now, on with the game....

[Post New]by safiresnake on Jul 12, 10 6:52 PM
My boyfriend & I really enjoy playing this game, but we're stuck at the combination lock to get in the workshop. can anyone help, please? Thank you.

Go to: