Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches technical issues

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on May 11, 10 12:20 AM
ooeepooee wrote:I have restarted my game several times but am still not getting the down pointing arrow that is necessary to get the key from under the flower pot. It worked in the demo, but even after starting several new games in the full game, I'm left wandering. What should I do?

Hi ooeepooee

That's a bizarre one. I've sent you a PM to see if I can help.

Best wishes
Karen

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on May 31, 10 7:29 AM
Is anyone else having these problems?

I am in chapter three and am looking at the to-do list in the little yellow notebook.

Problem 1. I have picked up and read the magazine article about the water. Yet, my notebook has not scratched off the task. Is there another magazine article that I am missing?

Problem 2. There is a task listed twice about finding needed items.

Other than one other glitch (my map disappears at times) the game has worked fine for me

Does anyone have some insight on these problems?

Thanks..

[Post New]by Nina_C on Jun 5, 10 9:01 AM
All of a sudden while playing the map disappeared. I still have the little i and the notes buttons, but I no longer have the map. I have already restarted once because of the trial version glitch - I'd hate to have to restart again! Can you help? Thanks.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jun 5, 10 11:02 AM
If you are in a close up the map will disappear. As soon as you back away it will come back. I think I read something about some areas where it goes away but as soon as you move away it will return. So no need to start over.

[Post New]by ulricaverdi on Jun 5, 10 4:06 PM
I downloaded the full version--never did the trial. Then I encountered the problem described by others where the "examine" feature did not work and I could not combine the slate pieces. I re-downloaded. I started a new game, and all went well until I scraped the moss off. Nothing happened. Accordingto the walkthrough, I should be led to the standing stone by a ball of light. Unless I'm missing something. Do I have to do the whole start overt hing again?

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Jun 10, 10 4:25 PM
ulricaverdi wrote:I downloaded the full version--never did the trial. Then I encountered the problem described by others where the "examine" feature did not work and I could not combine the slate pieces. I re-downloaded. I started a new game, and all went well until I scraped the moss off. Nothing happened. Accordingto the walkthrough, I should be led to the standing stone by a ball of light. Unless I'm missing something. Do I have to do the whole start overt hing again?

Hi

There is a puzzle to solve after you have scraped the moss off the walls. Do you have the 3 pieces of slate combined? If you follow the clues on the slate and match them to the words on the wall (click each word in order) you should then see the 2nd part of the spell emerge on the slates. Take the slate back to inventory and step backwards. At that point you should see the spirit and be led back to the standing stone. If this doesn't happen, please send me a PM and I'll try to help further.

Best wishes
Karen
Arberth Studios

[Post New]by cladendel on Jun 20, 10 4:21 PM
can't combine the slate, lost items i need to find from my inventory, etc......need help with this. really don't want to start all over again!!!!! is there a patch for this game?

HELP!!!!!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Jun 21, 10 10:17 AM
cladendel wrote:can't combine the slate, lost items i need to find from my inventory, etc......need help with this. really don't want to start all over again!!!!! is there a patch for this game?

HELP!!!!!

Hi cladendel

I've received your email and hopefully you should have a saved game in your in box.

Best wishes
Karen
Arberth Studios

[Post New]by Wolfsbayne on Jul 17, 10 11:02 AM
kazkaz1957 wrote:
ooeepooee wrote:I have restarted my game several times but am still not getting the down pointing arrow that is necessary to get the key from under the flower pot. It worked in the demo, but even after starting several new games in the full game, I'm left wandering. What should I do?

Hi ooeepooee

Best wishes
Karen

I'm having the exact same problem, can only get the side arrows when im at the house and not the down arrow?

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Jul 18, 10 6:15 AM
Wolfsbayne wrote:
kazkaz1957 wrote:

Hi ooeepooee

Best wishes
Karen

I'm having the exact same problem, can only get the side arrows when im at the house and not the down arrow?

Hi Wolfsbayne

I've sent you a PM

Karen

[Post New]by ShirleyOstrander on Aug 30, 10 7:59 AM
kazkaz1957 wrote:
cladendel wrote:can't combine the slate, lost items i need to find from my inventory, etc......need help with this. really don't want to start all over again!!!!! is there a patch for this game?

HELP!!!!!

Hi cladendel

I've received your email and hopefully you should have a saved game in your in box.

Best wishes
Karen
Arberth Studios

I've had the same problem... going along just fine - BOOM - lost items, can't even get to the inventory bar anymore. I keep thinking - I want to finish that celtic game... then I log on and I realize that the reason I never finished it in the first place is because it's broken and I simply don't want to start over again.

<sigh>

just want my credit back so I can get another game that isn't so problematic!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Sep 1, 10 12:20 AM
Hi ShirleyOstrander

I hope I'm not too late - I've sent you a PM with info about how I can help you fix and finish Rhiannon.

Best wishes
Karen
Arberth Studios

[Post New]by bathsheba1 on Dec 16, 10 4:07 PM
At the standing stone combining the twigs with symbolic objects. I put the sword in the fire with the wrong twig and now the sword has completely disappeared from my inventory! Tried everything but it's completely gone and don't want to start again. Nice game but this is really annoying! Please help!!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Dec 17, 10 4:55 AM
bathsheba1 wrote:At the standing stone combining the twigs with symbolic objects. I put the sword in the fire with the wrong twig and now the sword has completely disappeared from my inventory! Tried everything but it's completely gone and don't want to start again. Nice game but this is really annoying! Please help!!

Hi bathsheba

I'm sorry to hear that Rhiannon is not working as it should for you.

The game is programmed to let you have the twigs and objects back if you make a mistake so that you can try again so it does sound like you may have a glitch. One solution is to go back to a previously saved game and try again with the correct combination. However, if you have any gaps where inventory items should be or you are unable to right-click to examine items in your inventory then those things are symptomatic of a problem during the installation phase of the game so please ask customer services for help as they are aware of this problem and will guide you to a solution. Save your game often just in case! Best wishes, Karen

[Post New]by poobearz on Dec 27, 11 11:48 AM
I unfortunately had the freezer glitch on my game. Couldn't get the slides out of the freezer no matter how long I left them there and walked around other rooms. From reading here it seems like this is a very long standing issue, not sure why it was never patched. I even tried restarting the game from my previously saved file at day 2 but still encountered the same problem. Wound up having to delete the game and redownload it starting a new file.

After restarting on the new game from day one I was able to progress through the game. Frustrating!

Overall I was very happy with the game, just wished they fixed the glitches that have been around for over a year instead of leaving a game with known glitches on the site.

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Dec 28, 11 9:08 AM
poobearz wrote:I unfortunately had the freezer glitch on my game. Couldn't get the slides out of the freezer no matter how long I left them there and walked around other rooms. From reading here it seems like this is a very long standing issue, not sure why it was never patched. I even tried restarting the game from my previously saved file at day 2 but still encountered the same problem. Wound up having to delete the game and redownload it starting a new file.

After restarting on the new game from day one I was able to progress through the game. Frustrating!

Overall I was very happy with the game, just wished they fixed the glitches that have been around for over a year instead of leaving a game with known glitches on the site.

Hi poobearz

I totally understand your frustration when something like that happens - especially when you're so far into the game. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to find anything wrong that we can patch. It's most likely caused by data being corrupted during the installation process particularly if other background programs were running at the time. Do please send me a PM if you have any more problems with Rhiannon and I'll do my best to help out.
Best wishes
Karen
Arberth Studios

[Post New]by tlegends on Jan 16, 12 12:43 AM
I am having the same problem, started with the trial and now stuck in chapter 2. Yes I would like a saved game emailed me, but I do not understand why this has not been fixed. These posts are well over a year old. Why has there been no patch and this issue fixed. Part of the frustration is having to wait to continue to play when this is a know problem

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Jan 16, 12 1:35 AM
Hi tlegends

Sorry to hear you're having this problem.

I'm afraid a patch won't fix this one as it's to do with background programs running during the installation and corrupting what is initially good data. I've sent you a PM so I can assist further.

Best wishes
Karen
Arberth Studios

[Post New]by curlydog1 on Mar 1, 12 10:49 AM
I think I may have posted in the wrong section of the forum so if everyone will bear with me I'd like to re-post in this one...

I'm playing this game from DVD and have never played the trial, so I'm guessing I shouldn't have any issues however having looked online and in the forums it seems I might be missing a navigational map at the bottom that means you can get back to places much quicker - Is there something I've missed here?

I am used to playing these sort of games - especially Myst etc (usually on a Mac) so I'm fairly patient and persistent, but even so I'm getting a little frustrated with the navigation and combining of objects.

Also I find not being able to take an object when you find it so frustrating and time consuming - it means you are constantly going backwards and forwards to see if you can now pick something up.
So any help on a map for quicker get around would be welcome.

curlydog

PS there was no rock by the car!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Mar 2, 12 3:40 AM
Hi curlydog1

The Big Fish version of Rhiannon is the Premium Edition - an enhanced version for the more casual player so it has a map, hint system and tutorial built in and one or two other additions that were not in the original edition which is the one you have on dvd.

The idea behind only being able to pick up inventory items when you need them is to make it seem more like real life and also to prevent your inventory from getting to be an unmanageable size - but I appreciate that this is not everyone's cup of tea.

Sorry I can't be of any help with the map but please let me know if I can be of further help.

Best wishes
Karen
Arberth Studios

Go to: