giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

Re:Your comments and reviews on Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret!

[Post New]by giggyann on Apr 24, 10 10:36 AM
Hog's are hidden object games.
giggyann

worthy
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by worthy on May 3, 10 4:33 AM
Don't usually contribute to the forum but have just finished this game.My wife and I play for roughly 45mins with a cup of coffee most days and it took us over a week, about 8 hours. One of the most enjoyable we have done. Had to consult the walkthrough four times. Worth every penny. Looking forward to the continuance.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 4, 10 2:00 AM
Loved the game. Just one thing to complain about, it would be great to be able to click on the map to go from one place to the other, I'm replaying the game and still get lost: But may be it's because I'm not clever enough, as well as for the length of the game and the mini games, reading what you wrote I feel I'm really slow, I found some of them really tricky (I don't use the help) and it took me, on and off, more than one afternoon to finish it. Yes, definitly, after your comments I do feel stupid, not being able to dash trough a game. But I do love these kind of games, it's probably sadism towards myself............................

[Post New]by GHSEagles on May 17, 10 8:32 PM
This game is absolutely fabulous! Good graphics! Fun (and challenging) puzzles. I'm glad I bought it! WHAT OTHER BFG ARE LIKE THIS ONE????

[Post New]by kittybird on May 21, 10 12:46 AM
Exiting! Definely will wait fo a sequel.

[Post New]by BellaSwan_Cullen on Jun 4, 10 7:00 PM
Enjoyed playng it. Interesting story. Only complaint is having 2 go back 2 all those places in the end, place all the orbs! A bit cumbersome. Overall though, it was a good buy.

Edited on 06/04/2010 at 7:01:11 PM PST

[Post New]by rebelandsmokey on Jul 29, 10 6:46 AM
hi just finished playing the game really enjoyed playing the game, loved teh graphics interesting ending not what you would aspect hopefully there be a second one.

EWK24
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by EWK24 on Jul 29, 10 3:33 PM
Totally enjoyed this beautiful game. A pleasure. I must add that this is the first time since R2R that I have not been irritated by the voices in the game. The graphics were lovely and the story engaging.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Sep 23, 10 9:35 AM
Overall, this really was a great and enjoyable game. The graphics were very good for the most part and, combined with the excellent sound effects, a creepy and futuristic atmosphere was created that caused you to feel immersed in the game. Although the game was easy and on the short side, it had a very unique feel with a great story. The one downside is that the graphics in the hidden object scenes were not very clear with some objects blended too much into the background. I hope they do a better job with that part in the sequel, which I look forward to very much.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Sep 24, 10 11:23 PM
Just finished the game. Loved the artwork and the undersea city setting. I thought the constellation puzzle was great (haven't seen that one before) and there was a good mix of puzzles overall. Objects were easy to find and I never got stuck anywhere. There was always somewhere to proceed to.

This is a weird thing to comment on, but I really, really liked the sound effect they used for finding an object in the hidden object scenes. It was very soothing and satisfying (and so was the background music).

The plot "reveal" at the end was predictable, but I thought the steps along the way to the reveal were well-executed. The voice acting for the main character Anna, diplomatically described as "strange" by some previous posters was... terrible. Generally people don't ask "Did you just try to kill me?" quite so calmly.

I liked it overall, though, and thought it was well worth the purchase price.

Melze
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Melze on Oct 31, 10 5:30 AM
I agree with a lot of what has been said already. Lovely graphics! I liked all of the different scenes to go to which kept it interesting and fun - though agree about wanting the map to take you to where you wanted to go if need be. I did see the map in the book showing where you are but had problems when clicking on the stars on the map indicating what was where and the picture not showing the correct scene or not changing to the correct scene as i clicked each star.

I too still had the handkerchief left over at the end of the game, and when I looked at the walkthrough after I was all done I saw a scene where you use the hanky that never displayed for me - I think it was due to me having skipped that game/puzzle prior to that scene. I did end up skipping a few of the games/puzzles, but that was the only scene that didn't show up after I skipped a puzzle. But overall I liked most of the games/puzzles.

I will look forward to the next one

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Mar 23, 11 11:44 AM
I guess I'm in the minority.... I really did NOT like this game. I played it through to the end, but for ME, it was a chore and not enjoyable at all. There was far, far too much walking and roaming around at tons of locations with only ONE thing to do at each location. I'd have prefered it to be the opposite, fewer locations with tons of things to do at each. Different strokes for different folks...

[Post New]by Montana_Peach on Apr 1, 11 8:35 AM
Add me to the did not like group. The graphics were okay, nice pictures but some parts were fuzzy and things were hard to see in places. The story didn't hook me at all and I finished the game in little more than an hour. It's been mentioned here several times that the walking was excessive and I agree. I finished it but didn't enjoy it all, even at the 2.99 price.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 8, 11 7:40 AM
Hi all, I am looking forward to playing this game again, as I've just come across it - bought and played it quite some time ago. I recall it being high on the mystery and futuristic side but have forgotten the conclusion but seem to think it had something to do with a 'wicked sister' theme? I'll just have to play it again.
Love to all, Pat_ric_ia x

erbusbee
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by erbusbee on Apr 27, 11 10:22 PM
I loved this! Gorgeous visuals, interesting storyline, and the sound effects and ambient noise were just wonderfully immersive. Two thumbs up.

It was a little short to me, but I don't mind brevity when it comes with quality. The developers obviously poured a lot of time and energy into this one. Also, I didn't mind moving around from place to place - it only took a few seconds, so I'm not sure why all the complaints about it? It may just be a matter of perspective. I play a lot of online role-playing type games and it's not uncommon to spend twenty minutes traveling somewhere.

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 10:23:30 PM PST

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on May 12, 11 3:05 PM
Yeeesssss Great game !! Great graphics,a story line that did not wallow and loose the plot !! and for a change the music was pleasant.
A relaxing game I did not want it finish !!! not the Hardest of games but immersive
Yes I am a Riven/Myst fan !!!
Cannot wait for sequel Great game more like this please a real change from the regular HOG
Oh by the by I know I read everything and go through carefully but how did someone finish this in 21/2 hours ??? Am I slow took me about 4 !!!! maybe more !!!

EOTD
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by EOTD on May 13, 11 8:26 PM
kelsie2 wrote:Yeeesssss Great game !! Great graphics,a story line that did not wallow and loose the plot !! and for a change the music was pleasant.
A relaxing game I did not want it finish !!! not the Hardest of games but immersive
Yes I am a Riven/Myst fan !!!
Cannot wait for sequel Great game more like this please a real change from the regular HOG
Oh by the by I know I read everything and go through carefully but how did someone finish this in 21/2 hours ??? Am I slow took me about 4 !!!! maybe more !!!

The sequel is out now! Collectors edition or Standard!

rews2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

I cant even get into the second page. I want my money baxk. of the Deep: The Darkest Secret

[Post New]by rews2 on May 23, 11 2:58 PM
bfgZambezi wrote:Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and reviews in this thread! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

viv76
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by viv76 on May 29, 11 10:37 AM
Didn't enjoy this game, only bought it cos it was cheap, too much to ing and fro ing, and a very linear feel to it, it was impossible to deviate from the story line, and the time it took to load different areas is the only reason it took me 4 hours to complete

everln
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by everln on May 29, 11 1:54 PM
enjoyable and an interesting game which is a good length. Graphics good and puzzles challenging but can be solved with thought. Looking forward to the next in series as the end left me wondering what was next. Well worth a game credit.
good idea to show areas solved saves going back and looking for items in rooms already cleared, plenty of areas to look at and puzzles to solve.

Go to: