LadyLeigh
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by LadyLeigh on Jul 30, 16 8:20 AM
Dustcoll124 wrote:How about having a half way win mark and a full way win. In other words if the global goal is met halfway you would win half the total for a full global win. That way those that Put in efforts above the personal goals and those that made their personal goal would reap some reward for their efforts above their personal goals.
If their was a half way win mark on this last mini event then those that made the effort would have won 50 sacks of food. If the event had made the full global total needed than you would have gotten the remaining 50 sacks of food. We might then feel like it was not a lost effort to have fully participated.
I like the mini events and as everyone realizes now it's hard to get everyone to make the total effort needed for a complete win.
I also think the mini events are a work in progress, people asked for things to make the game not so repetitive. I thank the developers for coming up with other challenges for the players.

I agree completely. I think the people that can't or won't give their full effort would probably go all out if they could at least get half of the reward, and the overachievers could do their thing and be happy with their reward. It has been proven that the overachievers can't do this by themselves as the expectations of the dev's are unrealistic. In each event, I have always done the the maximum amount as many others have done, but if this keeps up, I might just have to stop beating my head against a stone wall.

LadyLeigh
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLeigh on Jul 30, 16 9:00 AM
TiramaSue wrote:
Solgud wrote:The thing is over 29000 players participated in the event! If each had done 25 that's 725000! Each doing 75 would be around 2.2 million! We needed 13000 players to do 75 zz to hit the mark. We had plenty of players, the problem is 20-25000 of them did 5 and no more.

I agree. The goals are reachable IF the players are willing to do the tasks.

Part of the problem may be that there's a lot of people who have spent most of the past year just doing the rounds and gathering inventory. Much more inventory than each update has asked for. They may already have had 1,000 bags of simple food and therefore the reward for reaching the global goal just wasn't enticing enough.

Well I agree and disagree. I have 1800 bags of simple food and I went all out. I have over 2000 diamonds and, for the diamond event, I went full out. I'm on level 71, and like most of the 71ers, I have everything I need--diamonds, stamps, airship items, food, money. BUT, I keep doing the events for several reason. It might help people that haven't achieved what I have been able to achieve, it is exciting to see if we can all pull together in a joint endeavor and it help relieves the boredom of doing endless rounds of accumulating more diamonds, stamps, airship items, food, money. Where I agree with you is that not every one that has achieved the same over abundance as I have is as obsessive as I am. I don't wash my hands twenty times, but on occasion I may have left my car twice to check if the front door is really locked. And there was that time....oh well, I'm sure there are many of you out there that can relate. I think that to be a 71er and continuing to play this game and continually waiting for updates, we have to be slightly obsessive compulsive and this is what the dev's are counting on. We will still be there doing our thing for ourselves and for the sane ones.

D_NY
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by D_NY on Jul 30, 16 1:32 PM
I think several things need to be fixed:

1. 5 is just too easy to obtain even at low levels. They should set the personal goals at 25, 50, and 75 -- divide it in thirds.

2. They need to count those achieved between these markers towards the goal as well as those achieved over 75.

3. The suggestion for the info to be in the mailman's note is a good one.

4. We all need to keep in mind this is a game, these events are optional side activities and we should not assume/expect adequate participation to reach the goal. The decision to try or not needs to be based on if the personal goals are worth it. I wanted the 25 medalions. I did 98 zz's in the time allotted. The global goal is nice to shoot for and should be enticing but we should go in knowing it's a gamble. We can't control if others participate as fully as us and we need to just accept that.

5. Global goal, if achieved, should be pro-rated by participation. While I feel sorry for those who can't get more due to reasons beyond their control (as opposed who just thought I'll do five and reap full benefits) such as work or disabilty, it should still be prorated in proportion to what you did do. That's just life. Those who work longer because they can come away with more. I never was willing to work the long hours that say Bill Gates or Donald Trump do and accepted less income in exchange for free time. Same principle here, if you work less, your reward should be less regardless of whether or not you had the choice to work longer.

All this said (and I'm sure I forgot still more but I've said enough), I will continue to base it on if it's worth it to me to reap the benefit of the personal goals if I participate or not. So far, all four of them have been.

Personally, for me there is also another motivation -- the fun of it. I will try just for the fun of it -- unless, of course, there's just too much cost for too little reward. For instance, I could have made the airship goal if I depleted my diamonds. I wasn't willing to do that. I do not see myself willing to spend diamonds on either mini-events or castle challenges. That's me. Others may be. I'm sure I would be if I had Gates or Trump money or won the lotto tonight. But that is not the case as I wasn't a workaholic like them for the former and not likely for the latter despite the fact that my lucky little gargoyle Max is sitting on my ticket for luck as I type.

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jul 31, 16 2:54 PM
NoFishToday wrote:BF, the game is now over. Both platforms lost. Total players:

PC: 10,524
IOS: 29,292

As did Android, but the total number of players is still not showing.

[Post New]by El_Gallo5 on Aug 2, 16 6:15 AM
this is a game, a pass time and above all meant to be enjoyable. I am retired and have time on my hands to do mini events and play at length. However the final stages of the Castle challenge, 300 HOS plus the last two mini events have really drained my enthusiasm for MC. These past few days I have just been dabbling. The mini events should be an opportunity to achieve a real reward and allow the players on higher levels to assist those on lower levels, support through more giving. The forum members here are incredibly helpful and motivational but are realising that some players only have their own self interest at heart. Yes we should be rewarded for what we contribute and do for the global goal and in order to encourage this additional gifts along the route would help. I agree players who achieve the highest achievement should receive a bonus and those who do more a further bonus.
I want to thank the many who have helped me in the game. Some of you have an awesome knowledge. I am on level 71 but have had very serious strategy holes that this forum has filled.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Aug 2, 16 6:49 AM
I was out of town and had no horse in this race for the ZZ mini-event... I have no idea what I would have done, hindsight is 20-20, given the event, the results and all the comments... I'm glad I wasn't here to be faced with that decision....

For all these events, meeting our personal goals IS our reward for contributing to the global goal...

When we had the 300 HO event, the global goal was met before I finished in two games... I went ahead and finished for my personal rewards in those games....

I disagree with the rules changing to allow someone to do more because it leads to this very discussion that they deserve more... if it's true altruism, no reward is expected or required....

cartma
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by cartma on Aug 2, 16 7:22 AM
I did more than my fair share and no I don't want or expect anything in return

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Aug 2, 16 7:51 AM
I do agree with most of the points stated along this thread, except for the global goal reward.

No, this is not the real world, this is a game. And it's supposed to be more fun than the real world.

Some tend to think that most did not do more than 5 just out of laziness. I give them benefit of the doubt. We are not all at level 71 and completing these ZZ was surely not easy (lack of playing time, lack of inventory, you name it). Same goes for the previous events.

I see the global goal reward as solidarity, a way to help lower levels. If I get the global goal, I am happy that everyone else gets it too, even if they haven't participated to the global effort in the same way I have. If you want to make it pro-rata, why not take that reward away and increase the personal rewards.

If only the players having met the 3rd personal goal were entitled to get the global goal reward, what would be the consequences? The ones who had decided to take advantage of the rules and only made 5 would maybe go to the 3rd one, or would probably just not play at all. The ones who knew they couldn't make it but wanted to help with what they could might not want to give it a go at all. And these players are probably the ones who would really need the final reward.

That's how I see the mini-events: personal goals that I can try to reach and a global reward for all participants, me having reached the 3rd personal goal or not. I am thankful to the ones who could while I couldn't, and to the ones who couldn't but helped reaching the global goal.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Aug 2, 16 8:46 AM
I definitely don't agree with pro rated rewards. There are already enough personal rewards built into the game; the Achievements, the DQs. the Blue Key Quests, the Monthly Challenge, the Millionaire's Club. There is no need for another.

This was a global challenge. We decide how much we can (or will) contribute and we all sink or swim together. No one was forced to play 100 or 200 or 1200 zzs. That was a personal choice.

And, in my opinion, raising the minimums would just cause even less participation.

It's not right to accuse players of not doing their fair share when a lot of things goes into the decision whether and how much to play any challenge. Why always think the worst of a fellow player? Why not assume everyone did the very best they could and move forward.

Like I said, this entire game is rife with personal goals, this one teensy weensy challenge is global. A team effort. We all win, or we all lose, together. Let's accept that and move on.

Flora1
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Flora1 on Aug 2, 16 8:55 AM
I agree that global is very high. They're impossible.

Edited on 08/02/2016 at 8:57:50 AM PST

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Aug 2, 16 8:58 AM
whitebutterfly :

Edited on 08/02/2016 at 8:58:59 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 2, 16 9:04 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team understands the concern and frustration that may have arisen with the recent events in the game. While the moderators do not have the control to make changes within the game, we do have the tools to continue to advocate for the players and pass along any information presented in the forums. I've gone ahead and passed the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams. The teams are very receptive to feedback and we thank players for taking the time to post.

I do want to remind users of the Forum Rules when posting, specifically,

Keep posts family-friendly. Posts that contain defamatory, explicit, obscene, threatening, or offensive content will be removed.

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

To help keep the forums accessible to everyone who would like to participate, we ask that players keep their posts family friendly. By not commented on posts that violates the rules, this also contributes to the forums being accessible to other users. Please remain respectful on the forums of others and how they play their games.

Thank you for your understanding. Please reach out to any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions or concerns. We will be happy to help.

bfgBellerophon

oldgirl10
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by oldgirl10 on Aug 2, 16 9:05 AM
gernespieler wrote:whitebutterfly :

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Aug 2, 16 10:59 AM
gernespieler wrote:whitebutterfly :

Well said!

lady566
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by lady566 on Aug 2, 16 3:56 PM
I agree with changing the levels to thirds. Disagree on prorated rewards, think part of the purpose is to help lower level players. Not everyone can do all three parts, but most could do a third. Love the idea of working together for a common goal, but will not continue to participate if something isn't changed. It will take me several weeks to recover my gold coins in my one game since I spent all of them to do the 75 zooms zones since I did it doing character quests. Granted I would have spent the same amount anyway, but at a much lower pace. Now I have to be bored just playing rounds for coins. No one's fault but my own, but will probably set the next one out if it is tiered the same way.

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Aug 3, 16 9:37 AM
Good Morning to all the fishes!

I do enjoy helping others out in the game, can't gift everyone, so IF we meet global
Goal, ALL benefit.
I do as much as I have time for, or feel comfortable doing. I look at the individual goals, and do those......
Yes, would be nice to have global reward, but decided this will not be the end all, be all of whether I participate or not

Keep on swimming!

Crystal ; P

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 3, 16 10:27 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback in this particular thread. To help clarify the mini events, players will need to make at least one personal progress goal in order to be eligible for the global progress prize. While it is recommended to continue the personal progress goals to provide more numbers for the global progress, it isn't necessary to obtain the global reward if the requirements have been met. We will continue to advocate for the players and pass along feedback presented in the forums.

I hope this helps clarify. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: