Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland CE here.

[Post New]by Cece2920 on Aug 9, 16 5:29 PM
I'm getting the same error code, "Access violation at 0x0043918B (tried to read from 0x00000010)". I just spent an hour updating all my drivers as well as DirectX, Flash, etc. but nothing works. I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64bit with Intel HD4600 video. I'm done with this game. I want my money back.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland CE here.

[Post New]by sweetie3333 on Aug 9, 16 8:34 PM
Hi, Yet another disappointing game. I guess I got sucked in by the beta tester blurb([Removed by Moderator]) under the game and bought it. Where the hell is your [Removed by Moderator] quality control BigFish?
Access violation at 0x0043918B tried to read from 0x00000010

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 08/16/2016 at 10:51:09 AM PST

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Aug 9, 16 11:51 PM
Also getting this error code.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bridge to Anotheriginal cor World: Alice in Shadowland CE he

[Post New]by kd1sh2012 on Aug 10, 16 8:59 AM
I don't know exactly what you did ---or for that matter---what I did but I just finished Alice....What an enjoyable game! It is a shame it had those glitches in it to frustrate all of us fishes! I'm almost afraid to keep swimming upstream and play the bonus game. Here's hoping everything works well!!!

OOPS!!! 2 hrs later, I tried to finish my game on my lap top (windows 10,too). Here I am back to the original code signs. Frozen game.....fish can't swim in frozen water!!! I'm going to submit my ongoing problem to Felix and see if he can "get me off this hook" (pun intended!) Thanks.....

Edited on 08/10/2016 at 11:07:23 AM PST

jmt52
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by jmt52 on Aug 10, 16 10:14 AM
I am also getting the error code and have tried everything, cant play....help!

meldan5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by meldan5 on Aug 10, 16 5:25 PM
meldan5 wrote:My game also crashed in the Hatter's workshop. I've tried reloading the game and everything but I still get a message stating Access Violation, Windows tries to figure out what's wrong and then the game shuts down. I'm on a 1 year old Dell running Windows 10. Please fix this since I'd love to finish the game!!

I started the game again under a different profile and was able to finish this time. I did things in a different order while finishing the Tweedledum & Tweedledee mission and that seemed to help. If I try to play on my profile the game still has an error message though.

I did like that game but I have one question... why did the Hatter raise the Princess to be bad?

[Post New]by DragonNimf68 on Aug 11, 16 7:10 AM
Yup...crashed on me too. Not happy.
Access violation at 0x0043918B tried to read from 0x00000010

[Post New]by hannanoma on Aug 11, 16 8:21 AM
I got near the end of the bonus chapter until the game crashed. I'm trying to give Alice the bottle when the game crashes. Tested multiple times, same end result. I'm playing on Mac, OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6. Everything is up-to-date and there haven't been any glitches so far. Please, do something helpful! Posting the instructions how to uninstall and reinstall is not helpful.

[Post New]by DragonNimf68 on Aug 11, 16 11:01 AM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled, video card is up to date, there is nothing on my side that is causing this crash issue. Is Big Fish going to fix this problem or do we get a refund? There is nothing I hate more than to purchase a product, just to have it not work.

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Aug 11, 16 2:21 PM
Stained Glass -- The paints will not appear. Glass becomes darker, but no colors. Game won't advance.

MAC 10.11.6

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 11, 16 3:13 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post in this particular thread. For players that are seeing an access violation message, please be sure to download the latest version available, as an update was recently released to help resolve this issue. For more information, see the following announcement:

UPDATE! New version of Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland CE (PC) - August 11, 2016

Syndalee, in regards to the issue you are experiencing, it may be helpful to look at the following help article as it contains steps that have been known to help resolve this issue:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If issues still persist, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team is always willing to help provide troubleshooting steps that are specific to your computer's configurations.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by KinetteM on Aug 12, 16 12:05 PM
Downloaded the new version and was able to get back to the game and did not have to start all over! Thanks for the fix. It is a good game.

[Post New]by draegonflye on Aug 13, 16 11:49 AM
hannanoma wrote:I got near the end of the bonus chapter until the game crashed. I'm trying to give Alice the bottle when the game crashes. Tested multiple times, same end result. I'm playing on Mac, OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6. Everything is up-to-date and there haven't been any glitches so far. Please, do something helpful! Posting the instructions how to uninstall and reinstall is not helpful.

Having the exact same problem. Also running Mac OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6, with everything up to date. I also had no glitches until the very end.

henniet
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by henniet on Aug 14, 16 4:53 AM
mcleansd wrote:Excess violation game crashes.. Very frustrating

Game freezes everytime at the same place. Have to reboot my pc everytime. Tried several times, but always the sam problem. Please HELPPPP.

lordofys
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lordofys on Aug 15, 16 7:25 PM
Has anyone else had trouble downloading the fix for this game? The Game Manager shows no updates available. I using an iMac w/OS 10.11.6.

purplecat8
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by purplecat8 on Aug 15, 16 10:43 PM
Apparently they released a patch for PC but not Mac. Not cool.

GTii
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by GTii on Aug 16, 16 10:09 AM
I want my money back for the mac version - it crashes halfway in, and won't start again (new crash upon start). Will there be an update for mac anytime soon?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 16, 16 11:50 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to provide us your experiences with this game. We are continuing to provide the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams so that we can continue addressing the issues being seen in the game. It sounds like there are a few players that are on Mac and are experiencing the issues the PC users were seeing.

Currently, the only update that has been released is on PC and was announced in the following thread:

UPDATE! New version of Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland CE (PC) - August 11, 2016

Since this update hasn't been made available to Mac users yet, we are still sending any reports of this issue to be investigated further. We are waiting on an update to become available for the Mac version, and will make an announcement on the forums if one is sent to us. Thank you for your patience.

In the meantime, if you are experiencing a crash or error for the Mac and have tried the troubleshooting steps in our Help Pages, I want to request contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team and help speed the development of fixes, can provide troubleshooting steps beyond what the forums can provide, and they're always happy to help.

Message continues...

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 16, 16 11:53 AM
Message continues...

While I'm swimming by, I wanted to remind everyone to do their best to follow our Forum Rules while posting, specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Keep posts family-friendly. Posts that contain defamatory, explicit, obscene, threatening, or offensive content will be removed.

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed.

By making sure that we are following the rules when posting, we are able to help make a place where everyone can easily find a spot to talk about their games and playing them here.

Thank you very much for your time and patience, and if there are any questions about this post or the forums, or if you would like to ask a question and aren't sure where to post it, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We're happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

subcaptain
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by subcaptain on Aug 17, 16 5:51 PM
Game froze in the closet portal scene. This is AFTER downloading the update. WTH(heck) BFG? Playing( sort of) on Windows 10.

Edited on 08/17/2016 at 5:52:14 PM PST

Go to: