burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 3 here.

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 4, 16 9:59 AM
Hi Sue, welcome to the pond! It's good that you posted here, but it would also help for you to contact BFG customer support about it. I know they're already working on an update, from the moderators' posts, but every bit of information they have about game errors and operating systems will help them solve the problems faster.

I was one of the lucky ones that was able to play without any significant issues and this game is on a par with all the others in the series. If you're patient enough to wait for a fix, you'll probably be very happy with the game. If not, BFG will probably issue you a credit for it.

[Post New]by knittah1 on Sep 6, 16 2:09 AM
When I get to Nassau there are only 12 things to find but the counter says 13 and the game will not progress beyond that .

[Post New]by knittah1 on Sep 6, 16 2:11 AM
On the Nassau screen it says there are 13 things to find but there are only 12. The screen will not advance beyond this.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 6, 16 10:09 AM
I had this happen early in the game in the cabin scene, only I didn't have anything listed at all. The list area was blank. So, I just tried clicking everything in the scene one by one and found that the objects would be collected and I got credit for them.

Since this game doesn't give any penalties for random clicking, try clicking everything. Just don't click them too fast - there is a penalty for rapid random clicking, but it just freezes your cursor for a few seconds. You don't lose any achievements or anything. Maybe you'll get lucky and hit that last object and be able to move on.

FWIW, after making it through the cabin scene the first time, I was able to replay it and the list showed up on the replay.

(I posted this same answer in the other thread you created. I wasn't sure where you'd check first and it might help others, too.)

[Post New]by angelmema1954 on Sep 7, 16 7:11 PM
I have already posted on here three times with no help.I bought this game months ago and still cannot play it I have the other two and play them with no problem.If you don't think you are going to be able to fix it soon please give me back my credit that I used to buy this game and I will get another game.Thank you

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 7, 16 8:01 PM
angelmema1954 wrote:I have already posted on here three times with no help.I bought this game months ago and still cannot play it I have the other two and play them with no problem.If you don't think you are going to be able to fix it soon please give me back my credit that I used to buy this game and I will get another game.Thank you

Hi, Angelmema1954. The moderators look at the tech thread for each forum and report issues that people are having with games, but if you want them to help you specifically or give you a credit, then you need to contact BFG Customer Support directly.

Just click the "Help" button at the top right of this page, then scroll down and click and click "Show more Answers>", and finally click "Contact Us" on the right. Fill out the form and send it in.

[Post New]by farmgirlmn on Sep 9, 16 9:22 PM
I have the same issue as many others. I'm trying to open the game on My MacBook Pro with El Capitan and the picture is way too big for the screen, no matter what I do. The game is unplayable.

[Post New]by SherriesMomma on Sep 10, 16 8:38 AM
It's been a month since the first issue was first reported. The main problem seems to be the game screen being so large, we can only see the top left-hand corner of the game, so the game can't even be started. Seems to me that over a month is sufficient time for the developers of this game to have resolved the problem, if, in fact, one or 2 developers are focusing on this problem for the number of members who are having this problem. Although it's been a long time since I retired from IT, I wouldn't have kept my job if I had taken this long to have resolved a problem. And, like many others, I used a "Free Game Code" to purchase this game. It's hard enough to find good quality SE games to use the codes with that we haven't already purchased the CE version on. So, BF, please, make more of an effort to get the problems resolved in a more realistic time frame. I am currently waiting for 2 games to have fixes applied to. And unfortunately, this seems to be occurring more and more with BF, making me hesitate to purchase more games. I've been a member for several years and it's really getting old.

[Post New]by Budabelly1947 on Sep 11, 16 1:47 PM
As many of the other gamers have stated, game screen much to large for computer. I have a 27 inch Mac, get about .25 of the picture.
Big Fish needs to have a fix or at least admit a fault, just another issue where I lose my money.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 11, 16 2:02 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to report the technical issues being seen in this game. We have contacted the developer and they are still investigating the display and technical issues that have been reported here. We are continuing to provide the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams, so if any other players are experiencing similar or different issues with this game, please reply to this thread so that we can also provide that information to them.

Since we do not have further information on these issues at the moment, I want to recommend to write in to our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team which will help them investigate what is happening, and they're always happy to help. By sending in those Dr. Felix reports, we can gather the data necessary to determine why this issue is affecting only certain computers and work towards addressing that. Thank you all for helping us in this regard by reporting these issues and writing in to us.

Thank you all for your time, and as soon as we have more information available to provide, the Forum Moderation Team will be sure to either announce it on this forum page or continue to send technical issues and feedback to the appropriate teams so that they are aware of these reported issues. If anyone has a question about this post or the forums, feel free to PM me directly or to contact any of our active Moderators. We're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by angelmema1954 on Sep 13, 16 10:24 AM
I have sent another Dr. Flix report

[Post New]by TooTallProd on Sep 14, 16 12:53 PM
I'm on a Mac using El Capitan. When I open the game it blows up to 4 times normal size and I can't even move the screen around to get to the buttons. Disappointing - did anyone Beta Test this game?

[Post New]by FreeMEGirl on Sep 16, 16 9:25 AM
After FINALLY getting it to download, I settled in to enjoy the game. When I opened it, it showed up huge and off-center on the screen. I have OS X El Capitan Vs 10.11.6.

The other games play fine.

Please help. :-)

[Post New]by Budabelly1947 on Sep 21, 16 8:46 AM
iheathco wrote:Sorry, just realized I posted in the wrong thread. I am having trouble displaying the game properly - even if I set the screen resolution at the lowest possible point, I only get about a quarter of the display (and then have to reboot to regain control of the machine, because I can't see the game menu to exit). I'm running a new Mac with OS X El Capitan v10.11.6. Any advice, Big Fish Games folks?

[Post New]by Budabelly1947 on Sep 21, 16 8:50 AM
Is there any news as to how to make Vacation Adventures - Cruise Director 3 work correctly. Does Big Fish read any of these posts?? If so when if ever, will they reimburse me for the money spent on this non functional game.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 21, 16 4:57 PM
Hi, Budabelly1947. Welcome to the pond. The moderators read these threads and report the issues that people are having to BFG's tech people. The developer has been contacted and is working on a solution. If you want a credit, instead of waiting for the fix, then you need to contact BFG customer service directly. They don't issue credits from the forums.

If you've never contacted them before, just click the "Help" button at the top right of this page, then scroll down and click and click "Show more Answers>", and finally click "Contact Us" on the right. Fill out the form and send it in.

iheathco
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by iheathco on Sep 29, 16 8:36 AM
Is there any update on the fix for this game? It's almost two months since the various problems were first reported.

Finally working on my PC!

[Post New]by dcli23 on Oct 1, 16 8:32 AM
I woke up this morning to see that Windows 10 updated on my computers. I decided to try to download and play the game on a whim and it's working perfectly on both systems. I have to tip my hat to the BFG technical support team. Even though they were not able to fix the issues I was having loading and playing the game...the support person I worked with went over and beyond the norm to try and help me out. Ultimately it appears that this was an issue with both my Lenovo systems and Windows 10 that the update corrected.

Hope this helps for anyone else who is excited to play this game.

[Post New]by grant_lm on Oct 1, 16 1:47 PM
Game opens with huge screen can do nothing with it, have to force quit to get out of it. Have 1 and 2 and no problems playing them but 3 is impossible. I am using OS X ElCapitan 10.11.6. Would really like to play Cruise Director 3 !!

iheathco
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by iheathco on Oct 2, 16 3:44 AM
Just read dcli23's post about a Windows upgrade fixing the issue with this game. I had just updated my Mac OS to Sierra so tried the game again in hopes that the update would have helped, but no dice - still the huge screen. Would be grateful for an update from the developers.

Go to: