bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

Re:Eden's Quest technical issues

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Mar 6, 10 7:00 AM
Fishbait17, click on the totem with the red eyes.

Suede46
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Suede46 on Mar 6, 10 7:11 AM
Thank you orchidna, that is good to know. I shall start downloading now!

[Post New]by louk4me on Mar 6, 10 7:29 AM
I got stuck at the Mill with the glitch in the game so gave up but was really excited when I saw the update. After updating the glitch was still there and when I started my new game on a new profile I cant get past level 2 beacuse of the game completely crashing I hope someone does something about this otherwise I want refunding on this game.

Mamoufle
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by Mamoufle on Mar 6, 10 7:40 AM
I cannot play the game. When I Click on "play now" nothing happens. I uninstalled it and installed again it is the same. The game does not begin. If there is an update where it is ?

Fishbait17
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Fishbait17 on Mar 6, 10 9:51 AM
bootsie21 wrote:Fishbait17, click on the totem with the red eyes.

I did click on him, many many times, but all it says is "You can't activate this challenge until all challenges on this level have been completed." (or something very similar). I wil try updating tomorrow or Monday when I have time. In the meantime, have any of the people stuck at the same place as me tried the update and is it working? louk4me, were you stuck at the same thing at the Mill?

Robin

higgins717
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by higgins717 on Mar 6, 10 11:20 AM
i downloaded the update with high hopes, still the same problem at the mill, i emailed big fish no reply yet, but i also am asking for a refund, not worth all this aggravation to play a game. never have had so many problems with games until recently, wondering if is the merger or the new game manager. good luck all.

terri

Jaze
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Jaze on Mar 6, 10 11:30 AM
I had no real problems with the demo...so I bought the game. It was a bit bouncy in some areas(mouse) but nothing major...until I got to the barrel rolling quest. It just does not work no matter what you click there. I left the game and came back to that point. It was actually worse. It took my mouse control away and when I finally got it to hit the "play" icon, took forever to load the actual challenge but that is as far as it went. Could not roll the barrel or anything..game just froze. Even using "task manager" took forever to shut the game down. I did the "update" and still a no go in that area. I did everything trying to get it to work, drivers, etc, etc and nothing. I guess I am out the cost of the game?

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Mar 6, 10 12:13 PM
I've been reading thru all the posts here for this game. And I noticed that the people that have WinXP, are able to play the game ok. I'd like to know, if all the people that do have WinXP, ARE able to play this game fine? And others that have a different Windows, aren't able to play the game? Maybe whoever made this game, did it with WinXP? This is my opinion, I'd like to hear others too. Thanks....
sslay wrote:Hi Guys, my name is sslay and this is my first post. I downloaded this game and play the demo fine. I have windows xp. it is a really a great game.

higgins717
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by higgins717 on Mar 6, 10 1:15 PM
hi belinda

i have xp and i am totally stuck at the mill. have done everything, even sent dr felix to big fish have not heard back yet. but i cleaned everything, downloaded the microsoft thing, updated my graphic card, downloaded the update and still stuck at the mill. i am totally frustrated. ever since merger and new game manager having problems with a lot of games. i have xp and rarely had problems with any of big fish games. have bought a couple elsewhere with absolutely no problems. good luck

higgins717
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by higgins717 on Mar 6, 10 1:16 PM
Jaze wrote:I had no real problems with the demo...so I bought the game. It was a bit bouncy in some areas(mouse) but nothing major...until I got to the barrel rolling quest. It just does not work no matter what you click there. I left the game and came back to that point. It was actually worse. It took my mouse control away and when I finally got it to hit the "play" icon, took forever to load the actual challenge but that is as far as it went. Could not roll the barrel or anything..game just froze. Even using "task manager" took forever to shut the game down. I did the "update" and still a no go in that area. I did everything trying to get it to work, drivers, etc, etc and nothing. I guess I am out the cost of the game?
you will not be out a game jaze, ask big fish for a refund, that is what i did. they are totally wonderful about doing that. send them an email with your request.

BlackestRose
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by BlackestRose on Mar 6, 10 2:59 PM
BelindaR53 wrote:I've been reading thru all the posts here for this game. And I noticed that the people that have WinXP, are able to play the game ok. I'd like to know, if all the people that do have WinXP, ARE able to play this game fine? And others that have a different Windows, aren't able to play the game? Maybe whoever made this game, did it with WinXP? This is my opinion, I'd like to hear others too. Thanks....
sslay wrote:Hi Guys, my name is sslay and this is my first post. I downloaded this game and play the demo fine. I have windows xp. it is a really a great game.

I know you are asking about people who have WindowsXP and that can play the game fine but I have Win. XP and can'teven open the game...

So it seems that it is working only for some with Win. XP.

[Post New]by earthfairies on Mar 6, 10 4:51 PM
I downloaded the game and it is awesome!! Plays well and I am almost at the end of the game I think. I am in the hidden area of the tree the secret area. However, I saw a notation when I went to play the game today and it said there was an update available. A HUGE MISTAKE on my part!!. I stupidly downloaded the update and now have an error message after doing 3 of the puzzles totems out of 7. When I get to the 4th totem I freeze and an error comes up in FRENCH!! and have to bring up task Manager to get out of the screen and delete the game.

Here is the error msg it is giving me:

TEXTURE:
erreur de chargement image:
data\Spr2\.ENIGME\ENG_315_QUELQUE_CHOSE_QUI_CLOCHE\ENG_315_QUELQUE_CHOSE_QUI_CLOCHE.jpg

Why this is in french is beyond me! I am not french.

I am to say the least a little upset by this as I was almost finished!! Not sure what to do now.

Send this to your Tech guys.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Mar 6, 10 5:15 PM
earthfairies wrote:Here is the error msg it is giving me:

TEXTURE:
data\Spr2\.ENIGME\ENG_315_QUELQUE_CHOSE_QUI_CLOCHE\ENG_315_QUELQUE_CHOSE_QUI_CLOCHE.jpg

I am to say the least a little upset by this as I was almost finished!! Not sure what to do now.

I also received the same message about 15 minutes after I downloaded the update. I wasn't as far along as you. You might want to contact CS and send a Dr Felix file as I did. There is a link earlier in this thread for the Dr Felix download (from bfg Tigris). Download and run it. Save the results to your desktop. Click on the green envelope on the right side of this page. There will be some possible solutions for you to read. Just click on "contact us" and you will get to a form to fill out. Fill it out and attach the Dr Felix zip file. You made need to click "contact us" again. Then send it. Worst case is a refund. I, like you, was really enjoying the game . Maybe they will get it worked out.

[Post New]by earthfairies on Mar 6, 10 6:09 PM
Thanks Dogmama I will do that. I decided to uninstall and re install the whole game and remove my original profile and start again. Hoping this would resolve the issue. I got to chapter 2 and it did it again same message except the # was different in the error msg. 213 this time instead of 315.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Mar 7, 10 4:33 AM
I'm having sound problems -- a bad echo, and lots of crackling. All drivers are definitely up-to-date and have no sound problem with any other program. Will contact CS but wondering if anyone else is having the same problem? Thanks..

Edited on 03/07/2010 at 4:54:06 AM PST

shebag
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by shebag on Mar 7, 10 4:40 AM
not just me having problems with this game then lol, got all the way to mini puzzle game 45 and cannot finsish the game as it keeps coming up with error message was really enjoying this game grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hope it gets sorted soon, and also the game is soooooo slow in parts

heres hoping for a swift solution because its a really great game

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 7, 10 5:17 AM
I cannot play the game. When I Click on "play now" nothing happens. I uninstalled it and installed again it is the same. The game does not begin. If there is an update where it is ?

Before the update, the game simply locked up the computer before gameplay began. After the update, I have the same problem as above. I don't think this game was ready for release.

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Mar 7, 10 5:47 AM
earthfairies wrote:I downloaded the game and it is awesome!! Plays well and I am almost at the end of the game I think. I am in the hidden area of the tree the secret area. However, I saw a notation when I went to play the game today and it said there was an update available. A HUGE MISTAKE on my part!!. I stupidly downloaded the update and now have an error message after doing 3 of the puzzles totems out of 7. When I get to the 4th totem I freeze and an error comes up in FRENCH!! and have to bring up task Manager to get out of the screen and delete the game.

Here is the error msg it is giving me:

TEXTURE:

ditto. I sent an email to CS. Looks like refund time. I did all the updates to drivers, etc. Nothing helped. Sometimes, with what seems like no rhyme or reason, we get games that work for some and not for others. I've been on both sides of that, but why does it always happen with a good game?

nyc240
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by nyc240 on Mar 7, 10 6:06 AM
My game is working ok, a bit slow and glitchy, but beginning in chapter 3, when I click on some of the totems, a texture error message pops up. You can click ok and it disappears allowing you to continue to play EXCEPT on the crab totem when it cannot accept the correct solution (or any other solution) to the puzzle. I can't continue the game because I can't solve this totem. Shame.

BlackestRose
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by BlackestRose on Mar 7, 10 6:30 AM
phatkhat wrote:

Before the update, the game simply locked up the computer before gameplay began. After the update, I have the same problem as above. I don't think this game was ready for release.

I agree, these are the sorts of games I like but given how glitchy this game is (if you can even play it) it seems that it should not have been released, I know I would have brought it had it worked but until it DOES work without any problems I guess I can buy other games I have wanted, its just a shame I can't at least get a better idea of it first before I brought it.

Oh well, like I said, there are other games, but as it is a favorite type of game of mine well...

Go to: