ozles
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:New Build for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena

[Post New]by ozles on Oct 21, 08 10:48 PM
Really glad I read these posts . I was just about to buy it. Think I might wait now and see if the glitches are fixed before I waste my money .

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

Re:New Build for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Oct 24, 08 10:05 AM
Hello everyone! We have just released the second new build of Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena here at Big Fish Games. This new build of the game addresses issues people were having with the following:

-The inability to leave the room in the Paris, France level where you receive the Date Scroll
-Glitches with the fire urn in the Lhasa, Tibet level

In order to access the new build of the game, take a look at our help topic - Uninstall / Reinstall a Game. Also, the new build will require you to create a new game profile after you've installed the new build in order for the fixes to take effect. So, unfortunately, you'll have to start the game over again.

Thank you to everyone for your patience and enthusiasm for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena. If you continue to experience any other technical issues with the game, please contact our Customer Support staff. They are well trained in assisting with technical questions and concerns. You can contact them by clicking here.

Thank you for visiting the forums, and happy gaming!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:New Build Available for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/24/08

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 24, 08 10:27 AM
Thanks bfgAgean- that will make a lot of players happy. While I did not initially have problems- I did on my second go.

This needs to bumped to the top

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:New Build Available for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/24/08

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 25, 08 9:52 AM
If you bought the game from BF after you uninstall you just go to your purchase history and reinstall.

BoiseDon
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by BoiseDon on Oct 25, 08 5:25 PM
Still a Problem in the throne room in London. I'm down to the crown ans Throne. No cusor with gears appears anywhere in the set. I know I'm supposed to place the ladder but I'm told to use a differant tool for both the ladder and th pencil

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 25, 08 5:27 PM
BoiseDon wrote:Still a Problem in the throne room in London. I'm down to the crown ans Throne. No cusor with gears appears anywhere in the set. I know I'm supposed to place the ladder but I'm told to use a differant tool for both the ladder and th pencil

YOu need to lay the ladder across the two benches...

[Post New]by puzzlefiend on Oct 26, 08 1:48 AM
It's great that there's another new build for this game - I duly downloaded it only to get the same message coming up, namely about the corrupted sfs header.

It's such a shame, because it's a great game.

I've downloaded the trial version from other sources and it plays well, but as soon as you shut it down and then try to start it up again, the same error message appears and from what I read on these posts, I'm not the only one this is happening to.

I've done all I can with the Support Team ad BFG, who are great and have really tried to get me up and running with this game, so no complaints there.

I just wish the game producers could get this issue sorted out once and for all for all us frustrated Samantha Swifters out there.

[Post New]by bessiebooh on Oct 28, 08 7:12 AM
Hi
I am in the Uk and wondering when I will be able to play this game all the way through without getting frozen in rooms ? Still stuck in the Japan room.
Have bought this game last week.
Thanks
Teresa

kathycot
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

New Build Available for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/24/08

[Post New]by kathycot on Oct 29, 08 1:16 AM
bfgAegean wrote:Hello everyone! I just thought I'd let you know that we have received a new build of Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena from its developers. It addresses the problems many of you are having with the panel door puzzle in the Kyoto, Japan level.

The new build is currently being tested here at Big Fish Games, and should be available for download on the site early next week. When the new build goes live, I will stop back in and let everyone know that it's ready.

In the meantime, here is our help topic that explains how to download a new build of a game you already own.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 29, 08 6:25 AM
kathycot wrote:We were told this a couple of weeks ago and it still isn't ready? Also I can't find where I downloaded this game. Does this mean when I go to reinstall it I will have to buy it?

THey did post an update build on the 24th, but it seems that players are still having issues. Knowing Big Fish, they are working very hard on this problem.

kathih
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by kathih on Oct 29, 08 10:39 AM
Well that didn't work! I followed the instructions to uninstall and reinstall the game. Guess what ? I started right back where I left off and am still stuck in the Egyptian room! What happened? I was all prepared to start the whole game over. I like this game but would really like to get out of that room!

Okay! I'm a dummy! Forgot to delete my old profile and start a new one. Started all over and everything is working fine so far! I am finally out of the Egyptian room!!! Hope the rest of the game goes as well. It is a very fun and easy game. Much more enjoyable than the headaches I got from Amazon!

Edited on 10/30/2008 at 3:31:34 PM PST

drbill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by drbill on Oct 29, 08 10:48 PM
I am still in Japan and it tells me to find Dr. B. , the professor. All I have is a black screen. I cannot see anything except Samatha telling me we can't leave the room until we find him. How do you find anything in a totally black room with no light?? A light is not one of my tools.
I have the roses, the shield and a scarf for tools. When I click "hint" a light streak shoots to the top of the left side of the screen, but absolutely nothing happens when you click there.
Help! Is Big Fish still getting another rebuild for this game? Does anybody know???

Edited on 10/29/2008 at 10:50:47 PM PST

New Build Available for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/24/08

[Post New]by KimDeaf on Nov 1, 08 6:10 PM
bfgAegean wrote:Hello everyone! I just thought I'd let you know that we have received a new build of Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena from its developers. It addresses the problems many of you are having with the panel door puzzle in the Kyoto, Japan level.

The new build is currently being tested here at Big Fish Games, and should be available for download on the site early next week. When the new build goes live, I will stop back in and let everyone know that it's ready.

In the meantime, here is our help topic that explains how to download a new build of a game you already own.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 1, 08 9:31 PM
drbill wrote:Just wondering how I get rid of the edit sign on my post.
You can see and use the edit button on your own posts but no one else can use it on your posts except the moderators. It's there so you can correct, change or update your own posts.

drbill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by drbill on Nov 2, 08 1:58 PM
Thanks, LizzieK, so much for explaining the edit sign. After I uninstalled and reinstalled my game worked perfectly. I enjoyed playing it. Easier than some, but it was fun just to be able to play without a hassle of looking in a strategy guide.

Edited on 11/02/2008 at 2:00:42 PM PST

chenni23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by chenni23 on Nov 2, 08 2:14 PM

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 2, 08 2:18 PM
drbill wrote:Thanks, LizzieK, so much for explaining the edit sign. After I uninstalled and reinstalled my game worked perfectly. I enjoyed playing it. Easier than some, but it was fun just to be able to play without a hassle of looking in a strategy guide.
You're welcome Dr. Bill. It is a pleasure to play a game without glitches. There seem to be a lot of games lately that are released with lots of glitches. I wish they would beta test game more before they release them.

[Post New]by LadyPhoenix on Nov 4, 08 7:18 AM
I have redownloaded and reinstalled the game several times and like many of you had and still have the error message come up of the corrupted header. I find it stange though that if you download the game from other sources or sites it works fine...because of the error i can't finish the game and that kinda sucks. It is one of the few hidden object games I like. Would love to know if the error problem ever gets resolved.

jude12301
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by jude12301 on Nov 4, 08 9:23 AM
prpldva wrote:
kathycot wrote:We were told this a couple of weeks ago and it still isn't ready? Also I can't find where I downloaded this game. Does this mean when I go to reinstall it I will have to buy it?

THey did post an update build on the 24th, but it seems that players are still having issues. Knowing Big Fish, they are working very hard on this problem.

[Post New]by LadyPhoenix on Nov 5, 08 6:04 AM
GOOD NEWS!!!! I downloaded a new version of the big fish sub...The thing that the games download to and such. After I downloaded it I got the best surprise. The game was playable again. No corruption error and I was able to play from where I left off. For those of you that have had the same problem I highly recomend the new download of the game doc. I don't know what to call it. For now I will keep my fingers crossed that the error doesn't come back.

Go to: