genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 13, 10 10:31 AM
nwr1948x, consider this:

My brother bought me Dream Chronicles 1 for Christmas... at the store. He paid $19.99 for a good, but short game without all of the extras you get with this game.

And if you wait for 2-3 weeks, you can get the standard edition Briar Rose for $6.99, as usual.

[Post New]by HazelEyez3 on Mar 13, 10 7:58 PM
Is everyone else's game not full-screen? It stays minimized - whether I have fullscreen checked or not. I've uninstalled the game, re-started my computer and then re-installed it. Still have the same problem.

Darcy123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Darcy123 on Mar 14, 10 7:16 AM
I have just played the demo... in the first puzzle, where you had to match the little discs to the king, queen and knight, I had a problem. I couldn't get the little discs to stay on the space I wanted them to go to. Anyone else have this problem? Not sure what I was doing wrong. I was placing them in the right place, but nothing was staying in place... just kept going back to the sidelines.

[Post New]by PatMac072 on Mar 14, 10 10:14 AM
This is one of the best games ever offered by Big Fish Games!! I am totally addicted and have spent hours with this game! I have absolutely nothing negative to say about Dark Parables!!

[Post New]by EducatedRedneck on Mar 14, 10 2:12 PM
knorthup wrote:Quick PS to what I just posted - realized on hard mode I am going through the game again looking for the same objects, not different ones as I said before, but now on hard mode where I apparently have NO HINTS which is actually good for me because if don't get impatient and keep looking I can usually find the items. Also I have a new golden rose in my inventory which I am hoping will get me into the door at the bottom of the well! We will see..... I don't mind playing the game again, it was fun the first time and is still fun and more challenging without hints.

I thought the same thing. It implies there is another game to be played, but does not tell if it is inside this one or a sequel.

Edited on 03/14/2010 at 2:13:11 PM PST

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Mar 14, 10 6:36 PM
Darcy123 wrote:I have just played the demo... in the first puzzle, where you had to match the little discs to the king, queen and knight, I had a problem. I couldn't get the little discs to stay on the space I wanted them to go to. Anyone else have this problem? Not sure what I was doing wrong. I was placing them in the right place, but nothing was staying in place... just kept going back to the sidelines.

I did this puzzle and went smooth. Make sure that each disc is inserted in its relevant place as head, hand, body of each character. For example the sword should go to Knight's hand disc. Also I noticed that the place where you click is very sensitive, it has to be in a right place. It happened to me with another puzzle, later when you proceed, I was sure that I'm doing it right but I tried to click on different part...voila it worked. So maybe this what is happening with you.
Good luck and let me know if it worked out for you........Nouni

Darcy123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Darcy123 on Mar 15, 10 7:03 AM
NouniSmile wrote:
Darcy123 wrote:I have just played the demo... in the first puzzle, where you had to match the little discs to the king, queen and knight, I had a problem. I couldn't get the little discs to stay on the space I wanted them to go to. Anyone else have this problem? Not sure what I was doing wrong. I was placing them in the right place, but nothing was staying in place... just kept going back to the sidelines.

I did this puzzle and went smooth. Make sure that each disc is inserted in its relevant place as head, hand, body of each character. For example the sword should go to Knight's hand disc. Also I noticed that the place where you click is very sensitive, it has to be in a right place. It happened to me with another puzzle, later when you proceed, I was sure that I'm doing it right but I tried to click on different part...voila it worked. So maybe this what is happening with you.
Good luck and let me know if it worked out for you........Nouni

Thanks Nouni...

I was putting everything in the correct place... as each game can be so different, I may have been trained by another game I have been playing. I think I went wrong because I was trying to put the little disc on the spot... whereas perhaps I should have been just position the arrow (cursor) there instead? As I had learned to do further down the track in the game. Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

bl4716
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by bl4716 on Mar 15, 10 8:44 AM
Is there a walkthrough for this game? I've gotten really far in the game and now cannot seem to find the key to open the little "jail" in the cemetary.

A hint would be nice!

Thanks....

[Post New]by vengus on Mar 16, 10 1:45 PM
bought the game since trial was soooooooooooo good but canrt seem to get the second bookk no hidden scene loading in dining room have uninstalled and reinstalled still no luck is this a glich in game or goof in startegy guide? cant seem to progress any further .. thanks for ur help

[Post New]by emwise83 on Mar 16, 10 5:33 PM
MsNona1126 wrote:Excellent game. Got to chapter 6 in the 60 minute demo. Does anyone know how many chapters are in this game? Lots of movement, which I love, and hint button charges fast. Mini games are challanging but managed to get thru without skipping. Like to buy but just wandering how long this game is.

If you haven't found this out already, there are 12 chapters in the game, however, once you complete the game you are able to play it again in "hard mode" which doesn't allow you to use hints. I was hooked, so I bought it

[Post New]by emwise83 on Mar 16, 10 5:39 PM
bl4716 wrote:Is there a walkthrough for this game? I've gotten really far in the game and now cannot seem to find the key to open the little "jail" in the cemetary.

A hint would be nice!

Thanks....

There's a strategy guide that compliments the Collector's Edition that give a chapter by chapter explaination of what you need to do. I got to that point too being rather confused to get that key.

Hint:

To get the key, the dolls are involved Happy gaming! If you need more help, I'll be glad to give you some info!

[Post New]by emwise83 on Mar 16, 10 5:42 PM
Does anyone know if the Frog Prince thing is a precursor to a sequel? I have finished the game in hard mode as well, got the golden rose and went into the secret room, but all there was were pictures of concept art. Anyone know?? Thanks!

frannycats
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by frannycats on Mar 19, 10 6:20 PM
This was an enjoyable game for the most part. The graphics were extraordinarily beautiful, and the background music was appropriately haunting. The strategy guide was a nice extra, although a map would have been an even more welcome bonus. It's very easy to become lost in this game, and I never could have made it all the way through without the blog walkthrough (which is a direct copy of the strategy guide).

However, the search scenes became boring after awhile with the same theme of assembling various icons which were used in various places in the game.

The puzzles were also fun, the first time or two. However, like the search scenes, they tended to be boring after awhile because of the repetition.

I was most disappointed with the "Extras" upon the finish of the game. I willingly paid the $20 because of those promised extras. According to the blurb:

"Once you complete the game, you will unlock the Bonus Adventures for the Collector’s Edition. You can access these Bonus Adventures by going to the Main Menu and clicking on the round icon on the left. The solutions for the Bonus Adventures will be located at the end of this walkthrough.

At the end of the game, you will also unlock the Extra Content; this can be accessed through the Main Menu by clicking on the word “Extra.” These extras include:

20 Bonus Puzzles
5 Assorted Wallpapers
Screen Saver
Music
Concept Art
Novels"

This is not entirely true. What is missing is the fact that you MUST play the entire game all over again in the Hard Mode in order to unlock these extras. That is your only option upon concluding the game.

I'd rate at about 4 on a scale of 1-5 had the extras been available.

Welcome to Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by nusnoom on Mar 24, 10 9:36 PM
i tried playing 3 different times. froze up on me all 3 times. loved the graphics. would love to try again when the glitches are fixed!

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on Mar 26, 10 7:29 AM
I loved this game! I bought the CE and it was well worth it to me. It's a beautiful game.

ginnyj
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ginnyj on Mar 26, 10 9:24 AM
downloaded on vista - great game - will have to buy - hope everyone else
gets problem solved

[Post New]by daisey5555 on Apr 2, 10 4:43 PM
No trouble downloading with Vista. I had a weak moment and bought the Collectors Edition, first time. i will see if they are worth the price. Now to my qestion. Sometimes an object turns the cursor into a bouquet of roses. What is the purpose?
They disapper quickly, so I don't know what to do or what this means?

[Post New]by donniesangel1972 on Apr 20, 10 5:41 PM
hi i was not happy with this game i got the game and my friend got the collector's edition and the only thing diffent was the bonus leavel.why did we have to pay for both and they said there was many leavels to the game.there should be more leavel to this game.not happy

[Post New]by SHACK1326 on Oct 12, 10 12:19 PM
bl4716 wrote:Is there a walkthrough for this game? I've gotten really far in the game and now cannot seem to find the key to open the little "jail" in the cemetary.

A hint would be nice!

Thanks....

[Post New]by wjb713 on Feb 4, 11 3:33 PM

Go to: