Mule2000
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mule2000 on Mar 11, 10 8:57 AM
I can't get the game to download after multiple tries. I also tried to download the Matchmaker game advertised today as a Felix Favorite. Couldn't get that to work. Mule hay delivery just arrived so I've got to start moving 125 pound bales of hay up to my mules. Nothing more annoying sounding than a mule complaining that she's hungry.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 11, 10 9:55 AM
Hooray! I got it to download and the demo played perfectly. Just as a matter of general info; I have Windows XP Home Edition service pack 3, IE 7 and use Trend Micro Internet Security Pro for my security software. I guess we just overwhelmed the server for a while, but there is hope. By the way, the game is fabulous!

[Post New]by struwe on Mar 11, 10 10:29 AM
Re ost any Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here only

I downloaded the trial version and when I started the game it said something about color being changed to basic and when it did that it moved the game screen to the right side of my computer screen and I was not able to see or access the whole game screen! It was impossible to play as the bottom of the screen wasn't visible so I had no way of seeing what to look for. The only way I could see the whole screen was to change to windowed mode so that I could get out. I am running Vista.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 11, 10 10:43 AM
struwe wrote:Re ost any Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here only

I downloaded the trial version and when I started the game it said something about color being changed to basic and when it did that it moved the game screen to the right side of my computer screen and I was not able to see or access the whole game screen! It was impossible to play as the bottom of the screen wasn't visible so I had no way of seeing what to look for. The only way I could see the whole screen was to change to windowed mode so that I could get out. I am running Vista.

struwe, since you are new, you may not be familar with the tech support part of BFG. Use the "We're Here to Help" link on the right side of this forum screen (below the list of "Biggest Fish in the Forums"), and submit your problem. BFG is the most customer-oriented game site around; and their tech support staff is really great. They will respond quickly (usually in less than 48 hours) and get your problem solved. Welcome to the Pond!

puzzlingmom77
Marlin
Marlin
8,539 Posts

[Post New]by puzzlingmom77 on Mar 11, 10 10:59 AM
I just tried to install again after trying all day. This time it worked-or i shoud say its working... So all those who have been having issues should try again.

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on Mar 11, 10 11:07 AM
Problems this morning but I just tried again and this time it is downloading

shastac2

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Mar 11, 10 11:11 AM
Definately try again if you can't get the download to start. I run Windows 7 and have also downloaded games when I ran Vista. This was the only game I have ever tried to download and couldn't get it to start to download. Figured that the BFG must have had a LOT of gamers downloading the game, so I just waited.

[Post New]by MurphtheSquirt on Mar 11, 10 11:32 AM
I took the chance and skipped the trial. I bought it and it downloaded fine for me (Vista). It is a good game. Hope the issues get fixed for the rest of you.

Murph

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

FIXED - download error for a few folks

[Post New]by picman050967 on Mar 11, 10 11:45 AM
Sorry -
One of our 20 download servers with a incomplete build on it, so you had a 5% (1 in 20) chance of it not working (once you are assigned a server it does not change so unless you move do a different IP address, it never works).

This was identified at 5am today and fixed by ~7:30am PST.

There should not be any download issue any longer.

Picman

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Mar 11, 10 1:50 PM
YAY!!!! Thanks Picman - I was one of the first to have problems, (last night for me) and this morning it has dowloaded - I haven't opened it yet to check because I have to go to work, but hang in there fishies who missed out.....looks like all the drama is behind us! i can look forward to trying it this evening. Good luck everyone.

cf_30
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by cf_30 on Mar 11, 10 3:27 PM
Yay! Downloaded the trial. Thanks . Great service as always.

BK3009
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by BK3009 on Mar 11, 10 11:20 PM
Game downloaded ok but do not have a full screen - border on right hand side. I have altered the screen resolution but the game will still not fill the screen. A great pity as this is a good game and I would have certainly bought the collectors edition.

DeanoD
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by DeanoD on Mar 11, 10 11:47 PM
Another fine mess from BFG!! This one comes up windowed and shows that is is full screen. No matter what res setting I use, it will not come up full screen!!! I am getting tire of this and the fact that the game manager has seen fit to treat similar games in the same manner. Games that I had previously had absolutely so problems with at all will no longer play. At this rate, BFG should change the name to LEMON-AID!!!! NOT IMPRESSED.
-Deano

jeffory
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by jeffory on Mar 12, 10 1:18 AM
I did not have any problem downloading or playing the game until I got to where you cut the vine down with the machette and go into that room and I cannot click on lantern nor do I get a Hidden Object scene and cannot continue as I need that King's key, anyone else have a problem here, any help would be appreciated.....

claykitty
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by claykitty on Mar 12, 10 3:20 AM
Download went fine. Can open game but cannot get it full screen. I suspect I need to adjust resolution or something like that. I am game savvy but computer challenged. Would you help me, please?

Syrenia
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Syrenia on Mar 12, 10 7:02 AM
Mine downloaded fine, but now I can't purchase it. I am a member, not trying to use a coupon or anything, just won't process my transaction.

[Post New]by pebbles6166 on Mar 12, 10 7:04 AM
Still having trouble. It downloads, but then I get a box that says Windows has stopped working and it will close the program!!!!

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Mar 12, 10 6:18 PM
I am playing the game,but, it shows up in a box even though I press for full screen?
Then I can't see the objects because of the line across the bottom??
Please fix this problem!!

mystic54
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by mystic54 on Mar 12, 10 9:50 PM
Thought I would try this game because it looked like a really good game, unfortunately when I started to play it I could only play for about 2 minutes before it took me right out of the game and then it said my time was up. Too bad, I probably would have bought it, but if I have problems with a game from the start, I won't bother with it!

DeanoD
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by DeanoD on Mar 12, 10 10:37 PM
It seems that I humbly own BFG an apology for recent posts. After much tweaking and re-installing my video drivers on my HP laptop, I seem to have resolved my issues with screen fit. My problem now is that all of the past games that did not work will not let me install to try them again. Now I can at least go back and enjoy some games that never worked. Please accept my frustrated apology. ;-Deano This one looks good!!

Go to: