Re:Comments and Reviews for It's all about masks

[Post New]by baggie11 on Mar 26, 10 9:41 AM
I have it on 3 machines running win 7.Two work OK,but it will not play on my HP desktop with win 7 ! I shut off Aero ,put in latest driver from Nvidia,and reset compatibility mode to XP. Still wont start,get ( unsupported Video card) .Am open to suggestions. note ! I have probably 25 other games that play OK
Very puzzling

mztb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mztb on Apr 1, 10 11:14 AM
I don't seem to be having too much luck lately with BFG. The second game to have frozen on me in as many days. The cursor was wayward throughout the part of the demo I played. Got to the box on the table and then nothing. No clues as to what I was supposed to do. No list of objects and the hint button didn't work either. Another no-no.

BabyNurse123
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by BabyNurse123 on Apr 8, 10 6:31 AM
I didn't experience any technical issues. That said, I don't quite know if I like this game or not. It is a pretty straight forward HOG with "O.k." graphics and a pretty boring repetitive sound track. Personally, I did not like the puzzles and just bided my time until the solve button was available so I could move on. Especially the needlepoint one! Ugh! Lol at the "clew" comment. I was looking for a claw type item....not yarn! I don't think I'll be buying this one, but the free trial was worth the time.

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on May 24, 10 12:54 AM
If you enjoy searching endlessly through overly cluttered areas, this game is for you.

ncdeac
Pink Kisser
Pink Kisser
40,241 Posts

[Post New]by ncdeac on Jul 24, 10 5:46 PM
Just played this for the challenge game...too cluttered for me, but not bad. I might consider it as a DD but that's it.

[Post New]by crapola on Nov 13, 10 12:07 AM
This game is really bad. I don't know where the people that developed this is from but I think if their going to sell it in different countries that they should at least use that courtries language for it's search wording. One scene had me looking for sandglass. What? I was looking for a glass with sand in it or a sanding looking glass. Had to use their "hint" and low-and-behold...it's an HOURGLASS. Another time I had to find shoes. I could not find another pair of shoes so again I use the "hint". And it goes to a little figurine of a lady in a dress? Oh really? Well I guess she probably did have shoes on but I couldn't see them because she was wearing a long southern dress. This happened quite a few times. The thing you were searching for turned out to be nothing that the hint button took you too. Plus, it kept freezing on me when I was at the area where you put the masks on the people. I wish I had not blown my $10 and some on this crappy game. I'm going to have to go back and see who created this one, so I can stay clear of other games they have created or produced or whatever it's called. I'm not even sure if I can see that area when I am just looking at it for the first time on Big Fish. We will see.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Mar 6, 11 3:30 AM
Hello Fishies

I am 5 months new to HOGs and Big Fish, coming from Adventure and RPG, and I am now a TOTAL HOG/iHOG/iFRAG/iSPLAT, you name it, addict.

But alas, here am I stuck between an ancient PC and a new MAC, with all new MAC releases already played on the PC, and none of the new PC games which melt my ancient video card yet available for MAC!!...

What can a girl do???!!! Except trawl through every game release/old catalogue looking for fillers to spend my credits on while waiting for the games I want to be released, hoping to find something half decent to tide me over…

THIS IS NOT IT!!!

Today’s tomorrow’s game today is yesterday’s trite, static, conventional, over cluttered Victoriana HOG capped with irritating music and clunky, verbose dialogue boxes, and don’t get me started on the “restart required to apply settings” (volume control options).

In my current withdrawal desperation I could probably cope with the over cluttered eye-straining Victoriana, were it not also so aesthetically dull to boot…

15 mins was my max, a goodly chunk taken up by “restarting” and clicking through clunky dialogue so I am hoping to learn from other more patient members of the school whether it gets any better.

Definitely a thumbs down from me BFG I’m afraid.

When are some of those new ERS games coming to MAC I wail! Bring ‘em on BFG!!

Olliesgirl
Shark
Shark
12,073 Posts

[Post New]by Olliesgirl on Mar 18, 11 4:46 AM
Well I guess at one time I would have gone for this one but maybe we have been abit spoilt by the more indept and complex games like the Puppet Show et al. Really slow, just a plod along HOG nothing more......some fishes like them like that but its not for me...I'll pass on this..

rakuroks
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rakuroks on Mar 18, 11 6:27 AM
Lame and annoying in it's failure to let you opt out of the tedious and useless dialogue. Couldn't even manage to endure the free trial hour. Thanks anyhoo.

Edited on 03/18/2011 at 6:29:10 AM PST

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Mar 18, 11 6:33 AM
I thought this would be a nice game, a straight HOG and it has good graphics. I just deleted this game. The description of some items is just ridiculous. The description was: paperweight. It was an ink-blotter. The description "canon of proportions". I clicked on the small cannon on the window sill, that was not it. It was a drawing of a man's proportions. The word "mule": i was looking for a donkey. It was an oriental shoe or slipper. Then there was the stamp. I clicked on the obvious postage stamp, but that was not the one. The same for a button. If the developers had someone check the descriptions of the items, it could have been a good game. As it is, i will not buy this game even for $3.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Mar 18, 11 6:45 AM
Actually, I'm sort of getting intrigued by the fact that the clues are so broad. I do know that "mule" is also the name of a type of a shoe, and that "canon" and "cannon" are two different words with different meanings. I like HOGs that play with your mind. I think that I'll give this game a try.

Olliesgirl
Shark
Shark
12,073 Posts

[Post New]by Olliesgirl on Mar 18, 11 7:30 AM
jeannemaria wrote:I thought this would be a nice game, a straight HOG and it has good graphics. I just deleted this game. The description of some items is just ridiculous. The description was: paperweight. It was an ink-blotter. The description "canon of proportions". I clicked on the small cannon on the window sill, that was not it. It was a drawing of a man's proportions. The word "mule": i was looking for a donkey. It was an oriental shoe or slipper. Then there was the stamp. I clicked on the obvious postage stamp, but that was not the one. The same for a button. If the developers had someone check the descriptions of the items, it could have been a good game. As it is, i will not buy this game even for $3.

Well said jeannemaria, I also read the item "sheaf" and I just couldnt find it then maybe thought they meant condom !!!! hahahahahaha !! !!!!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 18, 11 9:47 AM
Olliesgirl wrote:
Well said jeannemaria, I also read the item "sheaf" and I just couldnt find it then maybe thought they meant condom !!!! hahahahahaha !! !!!!!

Lol! That would probably be "sheath" though!

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Mar 18, 11 10:11 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Well, the game runs fine - Intel Core 2, CPU 1.8 Giga, Ram 2 Mega, Radeon 1950, Direct x 10.

The plot is poor, and the game can be defined as "Straight HOG", for those who like it (I saw many of them here). PI is a Straight HOG too, and many players like it.

Nice graphics, free and fast recharged hint system, skip for all puzzles, pretty clever hidden objects.

Happy gaming!

I think it has the slowest hint recharge and it's a lot like Huntsville Mystery case files. Not too fond of that. Only paid $2.99 for it. I may just drop into don't use file. In other words, I don't like it.

Olliesgirl
Shark
Shark
12,073 Posts

[Post New]by Olliesgirl on Mar 18, 11 10:50 AM
WilJul wrote:
Olliesgirl wrote:

Lol! That would probably be "sheath" though!

Course it would WilJul !!! Seems that since I've been living in Holland I do tend to forget some of the English spelling !! It gave me a giggle though !!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Mar 18, 11 4:48 PM
The graphics are fair. The gameplay is HOG, but there is an inventory, but I couldn't seem to use it. *shrugs* The objects are small and sometimes use a bit of the Queen's English verse American English. The storyline is flat. There is no "umph" or spark. I found I really didn't care what happened in the story, I just wanted it to stop.

This game is a C-.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 18, 11 8:27 PM
Not horrible. That's about the best I can say about it. I only lasted 10 minutes so never got to anything but hog scenes and never found any inventory items. Typical problems... search for "stamp" and have to guess if they mean the postage stamp or one of the several rubber stamps... that sort of thing. Story was blah with stilted dialogue. If you're looking for a basic hog (with a bit of ihog thrown in based on other reviews) then maybe this will fit the bill... it's your basic time waster. Not worth buying but if it were free and I had nothing better to do then I might play a bit... then again I might prefer to watch the paint dry instead.

[Post New]by CowboyDenver on Mar 25, 11 9:22 PM
This is another game written by programmers whose native language is not English. There are many errors that crop up because of translation problems. Just one example: looking for a "clove" is not the same as looking for a "clover".

Whatever language a game is released in, it should be checked out by someone whose native language is the same. In other words, I believe it is up to Big Fish to thoroughly check the games before putting them up for sale. This may seem like a small thing, but it's incredibly annoying when it happens so very frequently.

I got to the cat and can't get past it.

[Post New]by EHCScott on Mar 26, 11 5:56 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of It's all about masks? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Hope to hear from you!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by EHCScott on Mar 26, 11 5:59 PM
I just bought its all about masks and there is no way to get past the cat on a box. I tried everything. What is the fish about? If I don't get an answer I will not buy anonther game from you. I have bought a lot.

Go to: