Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Re:Another Castle Challenge - PC

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 12, 16 10:26 AM
.. eventually, you probably will spin 15 times on the WOF, just not in one day.... that first 20 crafted items is cumulative... if you are crafting anyway, eventually, you might craft 20 before the challenge is up...

The thing is, getting 15 items off the WoF could take several days. You can't move on til that's done.

Crafting 20 items needed for CQs could take weeks. If you don't have CQs needing crafted items, it could be extremely difficult to get the needed HOS & ZZ items to craft other things. That's how it usually goes for me.

At this point you could be running out of time & you're still on day 6 with many difficult challenges still to do. Luck-based ones, like dice, & getting the right kind of chest from your pets could be especially problematic.

Tibtt
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Tibtt on Sep 12, 16 10:58 AM
I'll definitely give this CC a try.

Some of the day challenges for me will be very difficult, but ... why not try for it

I wish us all a lot of luck!

Tibora

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Sep 12, 16 11:16 AM
im glad im going away for a week i haven't enough inventory and that stops me agonizing cause there is no wifi

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Sep 12, 16 11:21 AM
Well, the decision has been made.....I will definitely pursue the CC on my iPad game since that is my main game.....PC? --- well, different story.

True, it is maxed out in the game at Level 74, but that game is for statistical gathering....I have no intention of even trying for most of the achievements on that one; don't care particularly to even get all of the pets (although I think I only lack 2 or 3).

First CC was a challenge and was completed.....second one, missed out on the Mermaid. If I had been able to complete that CC, then doing a 3rd one would sort of make sense because with 2 completed ones, surely I can do one more....

However, no incentive to trash that account for avatars that I probably won't use at all.....definitely not the last 2. Depends on how Day 2 and Day 5 go.......Then Day 8 will be the deciding factor.

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Sep 12, 16 11:28 AM
I am definitely going to work on the challenge. Even when there is nothing going on, I have always had my own challenges that I would work on. Whether it was, increasing airships, coins, Trina or Gnome quests, I always work toward a goal. I don't believe that I ever cry update because I know it will come when it comes and no amount of wondering when will make it come any faster. I have been trying to build on my inventory (other than the Castle items as they are harder to get), got my coins back up to pre-update level, and bought some diamonds that I will use sparingly. The cowboy avatars don't thrill me but I would like to get Count Incognito. So good luck to everyone who is wanting to participate.

apmg
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by apmg on Sep 12, 16 12:56 PM
I will try the CC on all 5 games, we can see which one gets there.

But I'm not gona use diamonds to complete or deplete my inventory for an ativar.

I'm really working on getting pets crafted and doing DQ for medal's on all my games.
Plus moving inventory between my games and crafting for friends is great fun too.

Pm me if you need something in hurry, I'm in the UK.

I gift 15 a day 5 days out of 7 in all of my games.

Ann AKA Nanakool, *Ann, Pippa, Missy, & Gem

Good Luck Everyone

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Sep 12, 16 1:12 PM
I'm going to try to get the first 10 days (even if it takes me longer than one day on a couple of them). However, I'm not interested in the last 2 avators, so....I plan to stop there.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 12, 16 2:04 PM
It's interesting how many people have said they want the first avatar but not the other 2. I'm curious what you find appealing about the female gunslinger. And not the other 2.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Sep 12, 16 2:09 PM
I am afraid that I am greedy!
These three avatars are just a means to an end for my real goal: the Werewolf!
If he is as terrible as I think he will be, then he can replace my Frog Witch avatar.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Sep 12, 16 2:44 PM
Desertdruid wrote:It's interesting how many people have said they want the first avatar but not the other 2. I'm curious what you find appealing about the female gunslinger. And not the other 2.

Perhaps, in my case, being female.....I prefer to have a female avatar......so, since the other 2 are male, that sort of renders them unappealing (for me, at least)

nanciq
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by nanciq on Sep 12, 16 3:03 PM
Not looking forward to #5 - that will be expensive. Agree that it's too soon to do another one. Don't think I'll even try to do this one.

dw1457
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by dw1457 on Sep 12, 16 3:38 PM
D_NY wrote:
jack7242 wrote:D-NY sorry you are becoming frustrated with the extras being constantly flung at us.

Oddly enough, being a bit of a sadist, I like the extra excitement of new challenges and find it a bit slow if I have nothing to do but endless HOS.

Try to link the challenges with the DQs, this may help.

Hang on in there!!

I will for now. Thank you. But I'm not trying to do DQ's, but the character quests to progress to top level myself and this does not jive so well with that. You kind of made my point about it's geared at those who are already top level. It would be nice if us lower levels were thought of now and then. I'm sure it would also be nice for those of you at top level to not have to wait six months for new story because they're doing these instead.

I also feel bad that you're feeling so frustrated D_NY

But I have to point out that the devs HAVE thought of lower level players recently and made HUGE adjustments in the game to the advantage of new players. I am thinking specifically of

1. Decreasing the number of ZZ items and craft items needed to fulfill character quests.

2. Having pets now bring ZZ items in the chests to fulfill character quests.

3. Drastically reducing the cost to craft original pets.

4. Drastically reducing the cost AND components needed for event pets.

I'm sure there are other things I've missed but these came to mind immediately. The devs are surely thinking of lower level players in the big picture, even if every castle challenge or event cannot be completed by newer players.

Dawn

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Sep 12, 16 6:17 PM
Reading these last messages worried me a little!
It seemed to me that to craft all those items but NOT to use diamonds, unique stamps or medallions would be "difficult" to do.
But I hadn't gone through the craft list for a while. Doing so just now, I see I have a large stock of inventory that can be used to craft items such as the Aquamarine Charm or Demon Seal at little cost and using no diamonds or unique stamps.
So I would suggest you go through the list to see what can be done cheaply; items you would never craft for profit (unlike Ancestor's Spirit; Bridger of Realms etc) before you get too worried!

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Sep 13, 16 1:44 AM
missm0 wrote:

Even though the aquamarine charm (180 coins to craft) and the demon seal (200 coins) are cheap compared to other crafted items, when you have to do 50 they can still be pretty expensive for folks without much money - 50 aquamarine charms are 9000 coins and 50 demon seals are 10,000 coins. That is a lot when combined with the other inventory and coin gobblers!

HOWEVER you wouldn't want to keep the results of these crafted items?
So if you sell them then the Aquamarine Charm is worth 150 coins
So the net cost for 50 Aquamarine Charm is 1500 !
This does depend on you having a back log of idle inventory though

Edited on 09/13/2016 at 2:14:42 AM PST

ellenBea
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by ellenBea on Sep 13, 16 1:59 AM
lmcrane wrote:I am surprised so many seem angry that we have another optional challenge to do. Why does something we don't have to participate in create so much venom?

I don't like the Trina quests, so I just don't do them. I only do the slot machine when I get the free spin, I don't complain that it costs to do it more often because, again, it is totally optional.

We can do as much or as little in the Castle as we wish. That is the beauty of this game.

aka aMissTory

Well said. Copy this one!

norry6
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by norry6 on Sep 13, 16 2:54 AM
Desertdruid wrote:It's interesting how many people have said they want the first avatar but not the other 2. I'm curious what you find appealing about the female gunslinger. And not the other 2.

Hi desertdruid

I wonder whether it's anything to do with the gender of the player. In the past, I've gone for the first avatar, not been worried about the 2nd and known I wouldn't be able to get the 3rd. I realise it won't bother some people but I think it would be fair to swap male/female position in subsequent challenges.

This time I've decided not to bother with it at all. Not complaining just not interested in getting more avatars and I might be away for half of it. After all, as has been said, it is optional.

Good luck to all those are taking up the challenge

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Sep 13, 16 7:25 AM
I don't understand why crafting items is such an issue. You don't have to craft items that use inventory and stamps. Just craft pet food. You can replace the gold by doing the HOS you're going to do anyway. And a few DQ segments will boost your pet medallion supply, as will feeding pets, if you get the lower level chests or the blue ones.

Anyway, my motivation is to complete achievements. I'm sure there are some that may never happen, but if I have the opportunity to make progress, I go for it. In this case, there are several that I make progress on during the Castle Challenges, plus the avatars count toward the avatar achievement.

Plus, I like having specific tasks to do. Endless rounds of HOS so I can be ready for the next update doesn't do it for me. I do a lot of destiny key quests when we don't have challenges to do. I mix in some plain rounds of HOS because they boost gold, airship items, etc. faster than completing destiny key quests. I don't worry about inventory items. The game always gives us those when we need them and the DQ seems to give me more of the ones I need the most than I get from doing rounds of HOS. The inventory I get doing HOS scenes seems to be heavily weighted toward the stuff we hardly ever use.

Anyway, I'm having fun with the Castle Challenges and if one comes up and I think, "Not again", I'll skip that one.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 13, 16 7:44 AM
I don't worry about inventory items. The game always gives us those when we need them and the DQ seems to give me more of the ones I need the most than I get from doing rounds of HOS.
. Not me! I can go to a HOS dozens of times & not get what I need! Same with ZZs.
The inventory I get doing HOS scenes seems to be heavily weighted toward the stuff we hardly ever use.
Now this is absolutely true! I have a majority of items that I have over 100 of because they are almost never used & the HOS gives it to me over & over!
I know, I can sell them down. I just sold a bunch down to 125 to get 10k to open a new ZZ. Now I need over 50k more because I just got to the Dark Tower ( !), so I'll probably sell down a bunch more.
So to answer your 1st question, that is why crafting is such a big deal! It consumes inventory like crazy & with few exceptions, consumes more coin than it generates.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Sep 13, 16 7:49 AM
If you craft all 50 for pet food, that's 250 medallions, and some used them all so they could buy back 50 for the pet medallion challenge last time.... If you have no pet medallions, that's 250 diamonds to craft food and another 30 diamonds to buy pet medallions for that challenge... If you have tons of diamonds, it's no problem...

I am going to craft some pet food but have other things I am going to craft that works for my games... some are character quest related which, is a win/win scenario but only works on my lower level games....

For me, the crafting challenges require the most strategy that not only works now, in the short term, but also doesn't harm my game in the long term.... Using 250 medallions for one monthly challenge, does not appeal to me.... I don't think we will have more monthly challenges during the Fall and Winter event, and doing those daily quests will help build up more medallions for future monthly challenges... Still what I "think" will happen during the next few months may be completely different than what actually happens.... I'm playing it safe for any future "surprises"...

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 13, 16 7:54 AM
Desertdruid wrote:
I don't worry about inventory items. The game always gives us those when we need them and the DQ seems to give me more of the ones I need the most than I get from doing rounds of HOS.
. Not me! I can go to a HOS dozens of times & not get what I need! Same with ZZs.
The inventory I get doing HOS scenes seems to be heavily weighted toward the stuff we hardly ever use.
Now this is absolutely true! I have a majority of items that I have over 100 of because they are almost never used & the HOS gives it to me over & over!
I know, I can sell them down. I just sold a bunch down to 125 to get 10k to open a new ZZ. Now I need over 50k more because I just got to the Dark Tower ( !), so I'll probably sell down a bunch more.
So to answer your 1st question, that is why crafting is such a big deal! It consumes inventory like crazy & with few exceptions, consumes more coin than it generates.

How are you defining 'need'? The game will give what is needed to complete a character quest, blue key quest, or daily quest. It will not automatically spit out something that you decided you 'need' because you want to craft an Ancestor's Spirit to sell for coins.

Go to: