forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Alice in Wonderland

[Post New]by forensicMD on Mar 19, 10 4:27 PM
Whatever the opinion of the poster, each seems to feel quite strongly about his or her position. I do not like the game because the tasks are too difficult to do, not because the parts of the objects, such as the boat, are hard to find, but because once I find all the pieces, I had to click repeatedly to put the boat together. Ditto the lantern earlier. The game, which initially seemed quite interesting,t quickly became a clickfest in attempts to get the various objects put together and functioning. I gave up after the boat. The lightning and the cheshire cat were annoying because they wouldn't stop flashing on and off. All in all, I rate this game 3 thumbs down!

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Mar 19, 10 5:35 PM
Would have loved to buy this. Too many glitches and no, I don't need to update anything. I have had to check for updates to my software way too often lately. BF, please, less glitchy games please.

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Mar 19, 10 5:50 PM
The only comments i have I just flat out didn't like it.It didn't hold my intereste.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 19, 10 5:56 PM
I didn't like it either. No blaring reason why, I just didn't. Played about 10 mins and ugh, let me out.

Some games strike one's fancy and some don't. This one didn't.

Next.

Edited on 03/19/2010 at 5:58:20 PM PST

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Mar 19, 10 6:19 PM
I was very excited about this game, but somewhat letdown.

The graphics are good nice color, easy to see things, interesting things to look at.

The storyline is very good.

The music got annoying after a while, repeating loop.

Flashing lights annoying, but they are only at beginning of game.

Custom cursor was clumbsy, slow and jerky for me.

Minigames are repetative and easy to do.

Refillable timer for hints if you need them.

Relaxing game to play but nothing special. 3 1/2 out of 5 Stars from me.

Edited on 03/19/2010 at 6:20:44 PM PST

wini1
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by wini1 on Mar 19, 10 10:12 PM
Well,I am going to have to agree with Sunny and some of the others. I think it is a pretty good game. Not the best in the world but still an interesting game. I didn't like the music so i turned it off, but other than than i liked it. It is different because it doesn't actually tell you the items to find...you have to figure it out yourself.

ladycholla
Manatee
Manatee
3,720 Posts

[Post New]by ladycholla on Mar 19, 10 10:24 PM
The flashing lights and the chesire cat flashing were a nightmare for me with my vision, so I wouldn't buy it. I played the hour thinking it would get better, but each time I had to return to the light flashing area, it was giving me a headache. Would never care to buy a game with all the flashes and movement as the cat.

Lady

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Mar 19, 10 10:35 PM
downloading the game now will let you know what i think .hope it is good,happy gaming all

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Mar 20, 10 12:03 AM
well It was okay,but not the best in the world.I was almost finished with the fith level.the story did not hold my interest,first of all if i remeber right.the beginning of the story.alice had to eat something to fit in the hole.rated from 1 to 10.I give it a 6
maybe later if they ungrade it a little.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Mar 20, 10 6:23 AM
C'mon BF, get with developers and let them know what kind of crappola they're putting out.

The graphics in this game were very good so I was hopeful that some thought was put into this game. Apparently all thought was put into the graphics and not the playability,dialogue or storyline. (really?....parents in a coma for 10 years because they're daughter was kidnapped???)

I only played 30 minutes of the demo because it was so freakin' boring and some items were invisible...you just had to click in the area the hint button gave you and hope you would hit it.

Too bad...this could have been a winner.

mr7933
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by mr7933 on Mar 20, 10 6:43 AM
I really wanted this game to be great. . . it wasn't. Like many others here, the lightning made me dizzy. The background music was maddening, I had to just mute it. I didn't like the game play either. I would have liked to see better puzzles and more interaction with the scenes and characters.

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Mar 20, 10 7:50 AM
This game had "fun" written all over it when I first saw the preview. I was disappointed that after downloading it and playing it, it turned out to be garbage No buy here.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Mar 20, 10 11:05 AM
Found this game to be very easy and annoying. Got to chapter 8 and glad the demo was over.

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Mar 20, 10 1:05 PM
I thought it was fun. Maybe I'm just bad at HOGs but I've been playing it for a few hours with no end in sight. If you don't like gear puzzles, this game isn't for you. Fortunately for me, I love them! The only really bad thing I have to say about it is that I have to agree that the music is very repetitive and annoying after a time. That's why Bill Gates gave me a mute button, I suppose. Other than that, it's one of the better games I've played in a while.

culady
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by culady on Mar 20, 10 1:10 PM
Oh my goodness! The flashing light gave me a headache& the other rooms were too dark.

irishlou
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by irishlou on Mar 20, 10 2:20 PM
Played 10 minutes and had to quit, and I'm still getting spots in front of my eyes from the flashing lights. Am also getting fed up with having to look for 10 keys, 12 fish, 16 of this and 10 of that. Don't mind it perhaps once or twice in a game, but in nearly every scene!! A definite no no for this one.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Mar 20, 10 4:22 PM
I did NOT like this game. Soundtrack was cheesy & iritating in my opinion. Mini games- repetative. Really dissapointing to me because it's one of those 'coulda been great' ideas. What an awesome idea though!!!!! All 's down

[Post New]by hcoble_acc on Mar 20, 10 5:08 PM
Angel369 wrote:[color=#ca33cc][/col
Oh dear!!! After the wonders of Briar Rose I was hoping that this would be a similar type of game. With all the Alice in Wonderland hype at the moment and the wonderful film, I was quick to download this game and fully intended to buy it.
What a disappointment the game downloaded and I was fully prepared for the lightening etc but have failed to get any further than the cellar...no task appears however many different spots I click on and I don't get the option to collect the 'oil and crowbar' from the living room either...
I'm really at a loss as to what to do and would welcome any helpful suggestions please

i am having the exact same problem, and i bought this game already, i have uninstalled and redownloaded, the blog wlakthrough says to click on the top of the screen to start task, but thats not working, and i would really like to countinue playing the game

Edited on 03/20/2010 at 5:11:50 PM PST

kisskeeps
Catfish
Catfish
1,508 Posts

[Post New]by kisskeeps on Mar 20, 10 7:43 PM
[Poodlebear said] "...graphics rich and interesting but cut scenes quite pixelly (that *should* be a word) and..."
......It does, if you want it too! In Lewis Carroll's famous book there is this....
“When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less.”

THANKS MUCH for all reviews and comments (all games) as I very much rely on them

Thot this game would be dark in the sense of movies by Tim Burton/Johnny Depp (Sleepy Hollow, Edward Scissorhands, Sweeney Todd, etc.) but I'm glad "my" reviewers straightened me out. You da best!

Kissy

cche
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
401 Posts

[Post New]by cche on Mar 20, 10 11:22 PM
Played half an hour, now dealing with junklord and duchess's guard. Maybe 2.5 hours for me. Quite short.

First few moments the music caught my attention and I thought "oh that's nice". Unfortunately, that is about all the music there was. Far too repetitive.

Graphics just ok, though as art they're pretty nice. Seek and find just doable on my VERY bright screen.

Yes, the author really needed to think more about how nature's lightning behaves. This was just thoughtless. Could even have that many flashes, but NOT evenly spaced.

Story ok, as far as it goes. Didn't really expect more.

Puzzles aren't puzzling, and not interesting either.

I never needed a hint, so cannot attest to its quality.

Over all, Pretty but that isn't nearly enough. 1.8 on my scale of 10. Not even worth $2.99 to me.

Go to: