scaring
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Thief and the Tinderbox Collector's Editi

[Post New]by scaring on Mar 3, 17 2:30 PM
scaring wrote:I got stuck trying to get through the gate. I see there is a fix for this, but can not get the update and I followed the directions to the letter. I am signed in, I went to options/download/search for updates and get nothing. Now what do I do?

I'm getting frustrated. I have deleted and reinstalled and again I am at the end of chapter 4. I have the zoom lens but it won't let me zoon into the gate to put the insignia. This is the same place I was halted last time. It won't let me download the patch or upgrade the game. I don't know what to do now because I can't go forward. Please help.

Edited on 03/03/2017 at 2:30:38 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Thief and the Tinderbox Collector's Edition

[Post New]by matai9 on Mar 23, 17 9:07 PM
I can't place the king and snake figurines in Chapter 2, so I cannot advance in the game. I see the magnifying glass icon, but the zoom area will not open.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Thief and the Tinderbox Collector's Edition

[Post New]by rach_Lyn_ on May 8, 17 1:32 PM
I am playing this on a Mac. When I go to start playing the first cut scene in the opening after you create a profile is a black screen, you see the words but no scene just a screen...How can this be fixed?

shunterfl
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

No Map, or Journal

[Post New]by shunterfl on May 9, 17 9:21 AM
I don't see where anyone else is having this issue, but I don't have a map or jou

shunterfl
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

No Map, Journal, or Strategy Guide

[Post New]by shunterfl on May 9, 17 9:24 AM
I don't see where anyone else is having this issue, but I don't have a map, journal, or strategy guide and I am running the CE version. I have seen posts as to where they should be (tab on right side of inventory, big circle on right--which for me is just the menu, etc.) . I am running Windows 10. All the standard fixes don't seem to help. Any other recommendations?

shunterfl
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

No Map, Journal, or Strategy Guide

[Post New]by shunterfl on May 9, 17 9:35 AM
Please ignore my comment about the map, I didn't realize I have to find it along the way. However, I still don't have a journal (maybe there isn't one) or strategy guide.

[Post New]by Merebee on Jun 3, 17 2:40 PM
Like several others, I'm having trouble moving beyond the chapel door. I have the key, but, when I clicked on the chapel door, it zoomed in and will not allow me to zoom back out to use the key in the keyhole. I've restarted game play several times, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but I still am having the same error. Any assistance would be appreciated.

dennyPCW
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by dennyPCW on Jul 7, 17 1:34 AM
I installed the iOS version on my iPad Pro. It runs but there's no audio whatsoever.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, but still no sound. Is anyone else having this problem?

Denny

[Post New]by rach_Lyn_ on Jul 8, 17 3:49 PM
Posting again in hopes of an answer, I am playing on a MacBook Pro.

The opening cut scene with the Fairytale Detective riding her horse is just a black screen, you can see the words and hear the audio but you can't see the scene. How can this be fixed??

PLEASE HELP!

cyndisa
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by cyndisa on Jul 24, 17 10:37 PM
I'm having the same issue, rach_Lyn_, and am also playing on a Mac. Thought I was the only one. Perhaps it's a Mac issue?

I have attempted to view the blank video via the "Extras," but it is exactly the same there - has sound and a Skip button in the top right corner, but has NO video. Am going to contact BFG customer support about it.

Go to: