meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

Re:Comment and Reviews for I SPY Mystery

[Post New]by meisie99 on Apr 11, 10 1:18 PM
I wouldn't have minded playing the whole game if it wasn't so irritating waiting for the objects to stop moving so I could select another one. It is a very easy game. I enjoy playing some kid games, but not this one. I don't have enough patience but I would recommend it for kids...young kids. They will love the perky little voice that I find so irrating.

No buy for me but I appreciate the wide variety that we get with Big Fish.

ritchieprod
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by ritchieprod on Apr 12, 10 2:39 PM
Super annoying voice and no way to move along quicker. This is a must delete game.

ktk514
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ktk514 on Apr 12, 10 2:41 PM
I also wish I'd tried before I bought it - I wouldn't have bought it. Since it's not just me that doesn't like it, why don't you offer us a credit so we can maybe get one that's not so BAD.

bunnyeyes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by bunnyeyes on Apr 13, 10 9:50 AM
The voice aggravated me, too, so I went into options and turned the narration off which limits the voice to solving the actual mystery, not talking during the object searches themselves.

Guess I was in the mood for a kiddie game. Yes, it's short but I've gotten way more than I paid for with other BFGs so I figure it all evens out. I could see what I needed to see so the graphics didn't bother me at all. It's easy to get spoiled with some of the other high graphic games that BFG offers.

The only disappointment for me is that at least one of the mysteries features a bunch of hog scenes that I know are repeated from the I SPY: Spooky Mansion game. Doing that reeks of laziness by whomever put this game together.

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Apr 15, 10 7:20 PM

That voice is so irritating. Boy did I ever get duped when i bought this one. All the games that have been released in the past few months have been for adults so I bought this one and talk about a punch in the face. This is clearly a kids game. I hope BFG is proud of themselves for stealing my money. They have have labeled this as a kid's game.

[Post New]by mdickerson114 on Apr 17, 10 6:26 AM
Well live and learn. I should have checked this forum for results about this game. Too short of a playing time. I have purchased other hidden object games and played forever! This was over before you got into it. As for younger players yes but it was okay I have little ones who can enjoy it. When and IF I ever buy another game, I will do a lot of research. I only get burned ONCE. I didn't get what I paid for this time but NEVER again.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Apr 20, 10 6:25 AM
Actually I found the graphics pretty good, maybe it is different graphic cards. I loved the I SPy games and played them with grandchildren and without. The best one is Pirates Cove. Go to Scholastic site and try them there.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Apr 20, 10 6:38 AM
kris_cross48 wrote:Actually I found the graphics pretty good, maybe it is different graphic cards. I loved the I SPy games and played them with grandchildren and without. The best one is Pirates Cove. Go to Scholastic site and try them there.

I think the graphics are exactly the same and just as good as they are on my game discs that this game took the scenes from,so I don't get the complaints at all.

Thanks for the tip about the Scholastic site. I hadn't known about Pirate's Cove.

[Post New]by cynthiajean56 on May 7, 10 9:23 PM
I've been a big fan of the 'I Spy' puzzles. I love them for my grandchildren. I always check out the games first. I kept thinking I had already purchased this game. I found out why, The puzzles are exactly like the puzzles in I SPY Spooky Mansion. Not happy with this discovery. Was this because the Spooky Mansion may have been too much for the younger children? A warning should be included with this game stating the duplications. There may be a few new puzzles, but not enough to purchase again. Sorry.

[Post New]by Nononsence2 on Jun 8, 10 1:25 PM
not a good game.

ccostly
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ccostly on Aug 20, 10 8:31 PM
Not as interesting as Spooky Mansion or Fantasy, but still cute and fun.

[Post New]by KatherynGamer21 on Apr 30, 11 12:23 AM
You people are sad i spy games are meant to be childish and fun! And all you people worry about are the graphics and the voices.

Personally, I loved it! Lot's of different options to play (: totally a thumbs up. Waaaaay up.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Feb 13, 12 10:35 AM
I remember this game from about ten years ago. It is a rather charming game I think. You can't really expect too much from a game this old. I may be wrong about this but I think that the first hidden object game was made by the people who made this one. It was a spooky old house, I can't remember the name, but I really enjoyed playing it back in the day. By today's standards this game is slow and clunky, but it was pretty innovative in it's day.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Feb 13, 12 10:37 AM
Oh yeah!! Spooky Mansion was the name of the old game. Some of the scenes of this one were in the Spooky Mansion game. Not all though.

[Post New]by cristolpenny on Feb 13, 12 3:13 PM
Wow! Bron186 - 30 seconds? I applaud you on your ability to withstand pain! I lasted less than 10 seconds...

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 13, 12 4:16 PM
I just posted on the DD thread, so reading current comments here I'll just paste the same here. I'm really not sure if this, or simply I SPY was the first in the series, too long ago. Just can't expect games this old (and particularly made for children) to be anything higher tech than we get now. If your young enjoys and learns from them, I guess they are still considered classics as the books were, entertaining and educational.

(quoting myself)

FYI this game was originally made for a children's game and based on a book at the time with picture puzzles. It was the forerunner or inspiration for BFG studios to adapt the idea and create HOGs for adults, thus the first MCF Huntsville, then Prime Suspects. Those probably looked like children's games, or do now, but it started the whole genre.

Must have been made about 2005 and innovative at the time for kids. BF may not have been selling it til 2010, at least when this forum was created. I belonged to another game club at the time and remember trialing it on Win 2000 and it hung up, tech wise for me. Later I did the demo here and agree, very low tech, slow etc and rather dull. We've come a long way from there to IHOPAs we have now with some HOS. But just in the interest of history it's worth looking at it, or for your library archives maybe.

Perhaps it is resurrected as a DD if a new one in the series is on the horizon.

EDIT to add Hidden Expedition Titanic, first in the HE series between the first 2 MCFs. Just looking at my club purchases which were 2006. Junkpiles and timers, but we loved them anyway, colorful, fun, interesting blurbs to read on HETitanic. Guess there is where the addiction started, speaking for myself only

Edited on 02/13/2012 at 4:58:49 PM PST

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Feb 13, 12 6:33 PM
The I SPY series included some real gems. This particular game includes some recycled scenes, alas, but does have some fun new ones. The overwhelming problem is that the graphic resolution is horribly grainy.
Yes, it would be nice to be able to mute the voice only. I like the objects doing their little dances with musical accompaniment. You have to be in the zone for this, of course, and/or have a child handy.
But the resolution is horrid, and there's no excuse for it. Scholastic prides itself on its quality, and this falls way short.

[Post New]by jessespooky on Feb 18, 12 7:55 PM
Knew this was an older game and for children, don't know why. I have XP and the grahpics were only slightly grainy. I've seen worse. HO's were on the easy side tho some were cleverly hidden, I had to use the hint button a couple of times, and I am a hog fan who doesn't like to do that. I'd say this game was probably meant for 7-8 year olds, who are already reading pretty decently and understand there are different kinds of bats. Not for 2-5 year olds who can't or barely are able to read, which the voice over is clearly oriented to. The only people I know that talk like that to older kids are children psychiatrists and psychologists.

[Post New]by Pagan_Twylight on Jan 15, 14 12:35 PM
Well, there seems to be a lot of bad reviews about this game, which is a shame. I have a forty year old mentally handicapped daughter. Mentally, she is probably about eight. And guess what? She doesn't care that it doesn't have the greatest graphics, or that it is slightly slow, or that it is an old game reissued. But she loves having a game that she can actually do by herself without having to ask me to help her or play it with her. And I love hearing her say, "I can do it myself. I don't need your help." All of the I Spy Games have been wonderful for her and I just wish there were more of them. Hearing her laughing over something in a game is a great gift to me, so I want to thank you for the reissue. I can only hope you will continue to have games that she can enjoy.

Pagan

Go to: