Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: Bloody Rosie Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by tigerlily142 on Nov 21, 16 11:40 AM
Wolf1340 wrote:Hello.
For those who have problems with the doll over the windows in winter book mini game, I have a solution:
Close the game
Edit the file "PuppetShow_BloodyRosie_CE\Data\Scripts\Screens\ControlsPanel.lua" with a good editor (Notepad++ or Sublim Text ... free),
in "function ControlsPanel:updatePosition()"
change
"local window = Application:getPlatform():getWindow()
if window:isFullscreen() and not window:isWidescreen() then
OFFSET_X = 0
else
OFFSET_X = 171

with
OFFSET_X = 150
else
OFFSET_X = 271"
Restart the game
It works for my squarich screen

<a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page">[Removed by Moderator]</a>

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: Bloody Rosie Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 21, 16 3:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to report the issues being experienced with this game here. For players that haven't already tried our preliminary troubleshooting steps, I am going to provide them below as well as a way to contact our Support Team if more help is necessary.

Players who are seeing a crash while playing on Mac, the following guide has been able to help players in the past to resolve a crash in our games:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For Windows' players, the following guide can help out for crashes:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Windows 10 players may find more specific steps for crashing issues at the following page:

Windows 10

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. This information could be very useful should there be an issue that needs to be investigated further, so please be sure to provide that Dr. Felix Report if at all possible.

Thank you all for your time and patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by tinab200 on Nov 21, 16 4:52 PM
I am having the same problem trying to save the man in the water.
I can stop the arrow I'm the red zone at the top, but the side bar does not stop even though I have click in the red zone and see green for a flash.
How do I get back it.
I am enjoying the game and want to go on.
Why is there no SKIP?

[Post New]by fjfinbar on Nov 22, 16 1:25 PM
I am running this on a Mac. Up to date, all the adobe software is up to date. It keeps quitting at the same point with the photographs in the cemetery. I've been running more and more into problems with Big Fish games. What's going on? Games are crashing and there seems to be no adequate way to fix it. Can I get a refund?

[Post New]by fjfinbar on Nov 22, 16 1:32 PM
it appears from the rest of this forum that my issue is really common for all MaC users. What's going on - why is this not being addressed. Can we have some information?

ladyhawkna
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ladyhawkna on Nov 22, 16 3:11 PM
I never received a response to the email I sent to tech support , so I am back here. I still cant play the Bloody Rosie Collectors edition due to the puppet with the camera is sitting on top of the window that is needed to complete the puzzle to get the phone number. It said 24 hours and that was Sunday. I want the puzzle fixed or I need to get rid of it. Very frustrating.!!!!!!! I have never in the past had any trouble with Puppetshow, same computer PC.

Winnie100
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Winnie100 on Nov 22, 16 6:23 PM
I have the same problem with the bonus game, tried to attach the broom to the handle and it shuts down. Gives a Runtime error that says contact the developers. Any suggestions from the techies?

esoays
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by esoays on Nov 23, 16 10:33 AM
I encountered the identical problem at the same point (broom assembly) in the bonus game as did Winnie 100. The game aborts and reports a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error with the message: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

Running Windows 10 x64 fully current with Microsoft and NVidia.

There are enough technical complaints/comments on the forum about this issue that it needs to be fixed and a resolution patch issued asap.

Thank you.

[Post New]by rfrankwalker on Nov 23, 16 8:27 PM
I can't download the game...getting Error Code 5. Tried uninstalling but system says that game is still running. Task Manager doesn't show game is running! I'm using Windows 10.

[Post New]by tchuck on Nov 24, 16 6:16 PM
Game keeps closing unexpectedly. I have restarted the computer, restarted the game console, nothing changes. I can't continue the game for which I paid. Please help.

[Post New]by anter75 on Nov 24, 16 8:43 PM
Delorean01 wrote:I'm having a big issue with the game crashing at the same spot, where you have to find the puppet by using clues that she has left. No issues up until this point. Have tried reloading the game but no change.

Very frustrating as I cannot progress any further.

Running iMAC 10.10.5.

Any help welcomed!

Thanks.

Macbook Pro 10.6.8 / to move on this point, click all clues without click into the photo...everytime you click on the photo the game crash...
at now this is the only issue that i have and than just for case i have solved by myself.
I hope that it can help

[Post New]by tigerjules on Nov 25, 16 3:35 AM
tried again to play the bonus game as soon as I fix the stick and try to attach the brush then the error pops up. run time error terminated in an unusual way.but will keep trying.

[Post New]by ajhart1975 on Nov 25, 16 4:55 AM
So I have just tried the suggestion below by wolf1340 , thanks for that.
Now when I try to play I'm getting a runtime error message and can't even test wolf1340 solution.
Can anyone help solve this problem. PLEASE.

tigerlily142 wrote:
Wolf1340 wrote:Hello.
For those who have problems with the doll over the windows in winter book mini game, I have a solution:
Close the game
Edit the file "PuppetShow_BloodyRosie_CE\Data\Scripts\Screens\ControlsPanel.lua" with a good editor (Notepad++ or Sublim Text ... free),
in "function ControlsPanel:updatePosition()"
change
OFFSET_X = 0
else
OFFSET_X = 171

with
OFFSET_X = 150
else
OFFSET_X = 271"
Restart the game
It works for my squarich screen

<a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page">[Removed by Moderator]</a>

Edited on 11/25/2016 at 4:57:11 AM PST

VLewis138
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by VLewis138 on Nov 25, 16 7:12 AM
I get the key from the crow to unlock the box in the cemetery and game stops. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Downloaded all the recommended applications per BFG. I have Mac OS Sierra version 10.12.1.

Is there any fix for this?

[Post New]by EGalindo on Nov 25, 16 9:15 AM
Game freezes in the caretaker cottage behind the coffin scene with the photos. Every time. I have followed all the steps outlined for fixing and it does not work. Any other help ideas?

[Post New]by fraservc on Nov 25, 16 9:45 AM
Dear Moderator: PLEASE STOP POSTING THE SAME SUGGESTED HELP TOPICS THAT DO NOT ADDRESS THE ISSUE THAT MANY OF US ARE HAVING - THE DOLL SITTING ON THE WINDOW IN THE WINTER BOOK SCENE! GIVE US A SUGGESTION THAT ACTUALLY APPLIES

I've tried changing my screen's resolution to see if that helps, but the game looks the same no matter what I do and when I try to change it to window mode it says my resolution doesn't support it.

I'm a loyal Game Club member who plays about 2 games a week (like many of you all I'm sure) and I deserve a fix or a refund for the game.

[Post New]by Poppeats on Nov 25, 16 11:58 AM
When I try to restore the house I find the doll sitting with one of the items, the one to be put on the house's window. I play with Windows7

ladyhawkna
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ladyhawkna on Nov 25, 16 1:14 PM
No one has contacted me since Sunday about this game not working properly. I got on here to find this phone number and a child voice mail answered................. WHAT??????????
So now you are pissing me off and I have been with you for a long time ..... Bloody Rosie is NOT WORKING . Its been since Sunday. I cant get to the stupid window for the puppet with a camera. This is at least the 3rd message I have sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by demons64 on Nov 25, 16 5:46 PM
I am have severe trouble retrieving the ice pick from the inventory as it is directly behind the camera puppet in Chapter 2. I have tried changing the cursor, the screen resolution etc, but with no success. Can anyone advice please. I have contacted Big Fish who are pleasant but the problem continues and I just cant progress in the game
demons64

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Nov 25, 16 8:19 PM
I don't know if this will work for everyone or not, but if you are stuck on the broom and you are trying to fix it indoors, go outdoors and try to fix it again. I got past it that way.

Go to: