ZoeCan
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Royal Envoy Collector's Edition

[Post New]by ZoeCan on Apr 20, 10 7:32 AM
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this game! I completed it yesterday with gold stars on every level, every expert level, and all of the extra levels! PLEASE make a sequel!

Pixie222
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Pixie222 on Apr 20, 10 3:36 PM
love this game! I've played for many happy hours and have gold on all levels! This is the first collectors edition I've bought and it's worth every penny. There's hours of gameplay and the 30 bonus levels are fantastic. Can't wait for the sequel..............

wilkesy83
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by wilkesy83 on Apr 20, 10 3:38 PM
This is a very addictive game! Still considering whether to spend a credit on it or not, but it certainly looks worth it!

dolcifusa
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by dolcifusa on Apr 25, 10 9:05 AM
Lovely game, sometimes rellay challenging, and great graphic.

[Post New]by tunaluna206 on Apr 25, 10 7:54 PM
This is my favorite game that I have!! oh my gosh! the only problem is that there SHOULD be a non-collector' edition royal envoy just like the others. I just bought this game yesterday and im on level 24, I think, and I just LOVE the graphics! It's also cool that you have touch features when you complete an island! Thanks for making such a nice game that even my child plays it!

rthomas
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by rthomas on Apr 28, 10 6:56 AM
This is the first CE game I've ever bought. Although it was a lot of fun, I'm not sure it was worth $20.00 (that's a lot for a computer game that will probably be played once or maybe twice), It's a cross between My Kingdom for the Princess, and World of Zellians. The graphics are great and the screen savers are cute, I would have liked even more levels like 100 per round (regular and expert), or something like 3 different levels such as amature, expert and then master builder (where you would go thru the whirlpool a second time to get to the master levels, with even less time than the expert levels). Some levels were very challenging while others were quite simple. Overall, this was a fun and somewhat challenging game and if you've got an extra $20.00 to burn, than it's worth it but if you don't, you may want to wait for the regular game to come out.
R.Thomas

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on Apr 29, 10 5:03 AM
Holy *** I can't believe I'm going to buy one of these **** Collector's Editions! This game is so great!

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Apr 30, 10 5:15 PM
This game is brilliant. just hours & hours of fun. Those lil men are sooooo cute when you complete the level.

It can be tough. It can be challenging, but OMG, with only 4 to go on the bonus levels absolutely brilliant.

Can't wait to [play again from scratch as my alter ego LOL

[Post New]by luvaguk on May 2, 10 4:40 PM
Is anyone running this on Windows 7? It closes on me as soon as I try opening it.

[Post New]by darkeningfire on May 8, 10 6:12 AM
Downloaded this game by chance.

Graphics: 8/10
I really loved the graphics. At first I was sure it was 3d, it was only when they started talking that I realised it must be 2d.

Game play: 10/10
This game is truly awesome. It caught me off guard, as I thought it was your normal town building type game. The only part I disliked (and why I would recommend not buying the Collector's Edition) is the strategy guide. I unfortunately discovered it around level 45 and I really wish I didn't. When you're replaying a level for the 10th time, your self discipline is at a very low point but it takes away so much fo the feeling of accomplishment afterward.

Awards: 6/10
Trophies don't do anything, but they don't need to, because the game itself is awesome enough. Very pretty though. The gold stars are more satisfying actually.

Sound: 7/10
Sound was good. Nothing stood out per se, but it complimented the graphics perfectly and often "not standing out" is the best part about sound.

Originality: 9/10
At first you might say, why 9, but seriously, I've never played a similar game. It's completely unique (to anything I've played) in that it's not a town building game, but a puzzle solving game, disguised as a town building game.

Addictiveness: 10/10
A very loud and anguished wail was heard when my one hour demo time ran out. Which is why I own the Collector's Edition (even though paying in South African rands hurts a little). There was just no way I could wait for the normal one to come out.

Overall: 8/10

I did do a complete review on another site, but as far as I know, no posting of outside urls.

Edited on 05/08/2010 at 6:16:31 AM PST

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on May 8, 10 1:13 PM
I played the demo of the CE when it came out and decided to wait for the regularly priced game. When the regular game came out I bought it. Then, to my dismay, I went to the Forum the CE edition and discovered that it has an additional 30 levels. So, decided I needed those levels! Customer support was very helpful, I purchased the CE and they gave me back the credit I had used for the regular edition. Now you know the background. There's more to the story!

Wow, it really is a nice game, but I am not into Time Management games. That being said, in the first 63 levels one does not have to get gold to progress. It's fun to maybe try, and once in a while get a gold, but time pressure really stresses me out.

Finally finished the first 63 levels, (and I know this must have been covered elsewhere!) and started looking at the next 30 levels. They are broken into 3 sets of 10 levels each. To progress to the second set of 10 levels, one MUST get at least 7 gold stars in the first set. Then to progress to the third set of 10 levels, one MUST get 8 gold stars to start the third set of 10 levels.

This really, really bothers me. There is no way in heck I'll be able to get gold on all those levels, so purchasing the CE with the extra levels is useless to me. Guess I'm just frustrated that I told myself I would not buy any more Collector's Editions unless it was really, really worth it to me. These extra 30 levels most certainly are not.

So, if you are allergic to time management games, then do NOT purchase the Collector's Edition because the last 30 levels are dependent on the winning of gold stars. Oh, to add, there is no question mark in the upper right of the extra 30 levels for help. Bah, humbug!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 10, 10 11:50 PM
To: Playrix No, actually we should be Thanking you for an awesome game!! Thanks again, TMann

Edited on 05/10/2010 at 11:53:40 PM PST

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on May 11, 10 4:38 AM
10 out of 5 stars!!! This may become my second all time favorite. I'm so glad I purchased the collector's edition.

[Post New]by shellie0730 on May 11, 10 10:13 PM
This is the best game of this type I've played since Coconut Queen! I love all of it. I am working on the expert bonus levels right now and am challenged...but not enough to quit! Love it. Thanks Big Fish and Playrix!

goofygran
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by goofygran on May 16, 10 12:00 PM
Brilliant game!! Been playing it for almost a week now and still haven't finished all the bonus levels. More of a logic game than one for the quick clickers.

goofygran
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by goofygran on May 16, 10 12:11 PM
CasualGran wrote:
Chi3165 wrote:... So, if you are allergic to time management games, then do NOT purchase the Collector's Edition because the last 30 levels are dependent on the winning of gold stars. Oh, to add, there is no question mark in the upper right of the extra 30 levels for help. Bah, humbug!

Oh my. I'm allergic to Time Management too and I've bought the CE instead of the regular version, just because of the 30 levels more! What a bummer....

stop worrying You don't have to be quick to get the gold you just have to work out the right strategy. You can get gold with loads of time to spare if you do things in the right order. ENJOY!!!!

tntbledsoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tntbledsoe on May 16, 10 2:35 PM
This is my absolute favorite game! I loved the Gardenscapes game and wondered if this was by the same company because the characters are so similar. It is! If you loved this game you should try the gardenscapes game as well. Whoever is writing these games has quite a sense of humor and the graphics are brilliant. Finished this whole game with gold stars (with help from walkthroughs). My only gripe is that I felt like I needes more fanfare when I finished all levels, regular and expert as well as the extra levels all with gold stars. Would have liked a giant trophy or secret level or something for my accomplishment. GREAT GAME PLAYRIX! Bring on RE2!

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on May 29, 10 11:10 AM
Superb game! I purchased the Collector's Edition for the extra 30 levels before I was even sure how much I would like the game but I am so glad I did. This is a time management building-type game. You are given scenarios for a kingdom with goals for each level. It sounds a lot like Build a Lot (which I really didn't enjoy) but this one really is a winner. There are many different strategies you can use to solve a level. I had tried other similar games like Aquapolis and didn't really care for it because it seemed you were boxed into one specific way to complete a level, and if you deviated from the 'win plan', you were hosed. With Royal Envoy, it's entirely up to you. You can finish a level without hitting the time restraint and still progress in the game but you will want to go back later and see what you can do to get the level completed with the timer. Sometimes it takes a few different attempts at strategy, but there is a feeling of satisfaction when you finally do it. You also can tell when you're on to something. There are many different homes to build, some of the levels have special things to build (one has a hot air balloon, another you're building and running a circus!). The gameplay is not repetitious at all, the graphics are wonderful, the game well constructed and even the storyline videos are well made. A classic game; I highly recommend it.

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 11:23:34 PM PST

[Post New]by Amelyias on Jun 2, 10 1:59 PM
Enjoyed this game immersely. One of the best games I have come across in this site.

Thanks for coming up with such a wonderful game. Looking forward to the next masterpiece by the same design team.

[Post New]by Lady_Destiny on Jun 2, 10 6:12 PM
I downloaded the demo and played and was immediately hooked. I bought the collectors edition as soon as the demo ended.

While this is a TM build it game, it is vastly different than the Build-a-Lot series. More levels for one. Run out of money and you won't be flipping house to get instant cash in this game. You actually have to apply logic to finish some of the levels.

I finally encountered a build-it game that offered me a challenge though it only took me 3 days to gold star all 90 levels. Now I'm working playing the game in expert mode which is basically the same 63-level game but with a fast timer. I'm about halfway finished with that now. I'm hoping the sequel won't take them as long to build as the original game did..... Tell em to hurry PLEASE!!!

Oh and the neat thing about this whole game was I didn't read the specs before downloading the demo or buying the collectors edition (otherwise I might not have bought it or demo'd it). Turns out it recommends 1 gig of memory which my computer doesn't have. Other than the final cut scene of the game, this game played flawlessly on my computer's 512k memory.

All in all, I give this game 5 GOLD STARS and highly recommend it to anybody that likes TM games that have replay value. Because this one certainly does in my opinion.

Go to: