looloopy
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Post any Royal Envoy Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by looloopy on Feb 21, 12 9:41 AM
will you address this problem please. I am close to cancelling my membership for good this time. my complaint no is 120216-000766

auntof6
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by auntof6 on Apr 11, 12 12:58 AM
Something strange happens with the music when I switch between the game and other windows I have open (using alt-tab, in case that matters). When I return to the game, it sounds like two different pieces of music are playing at the same time. I have to exit the game to get it to stop. This is fairly unpleasant to listen to and I hope it can be fixed. Thanks!

eagletta
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by eagletta on Jul 10, 12 6:40 AM
Hi, I'm at Level 29 and it won't recognise that I have put in the flowerbeds. I have tried demolishing the flowers and reinstalling and I have restarted the level. No luck. I can't move on. Very frustrating as it is a fun game! Please help!

le01
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by le01 on Aug 19, 12 10:49 PM
eagletta wrote:Hi, I'm at Level 29 and it won't recognise that I have put in the flowerbeds. I have tried demolishing the flowers and reinstalling and I have restarted the level. No luck. I can't move on. Very frustrating as it is a fun game! Please help!

Yup, I have the same issue too .. am finished with plenty of time left. Wonder what has happened because 6 months ago it did not behave like this.

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Oct 15, 12 11:57 AM
dclynn77 wrote:Level 19 and it won't register that I have 5 Cottages upgraded w/ 3 stars.

I too am having the same problem with this level. I tried restarting the level, and that didn't work. I next will try demolishing that one cottage and rebuilding it? I'm not sure what else to do since I can't go forward without completing this level. (((((

[Post New]by kalgoorliegal on Oct 18, 12 6:19 PM
Hi...I love these royal envoy games BUT I am finding that I my new pc that I had built that I am unable to load Royal envoy and Royal envoy collectors edition..when I start the game I just get a black screen going no where and just have to close it through device manager. Now I know that I have played them on my other PC and I think that it may have something to do with windows update files. but I am LOATHED to do that as it always creates glitches somewhere else. So if that is the problem will be a toss up on how much I want the game...GGGggrrrr
I am hoping that with all the brainiacs out there someone will be able to help..BTW I receive no error messages it just doesn't load pass black screen...many thanks in advance for any assistance rendered...Cheers

wkdsdenn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wkdsdenn on Nov 6, 12 7:24 AM
Every time I go to run the game, my screen goes black. Can hear the startup music, but that's it. Have Royal Envoy 2 CE and it runs fine. I purchased this game months ago and uninstall/reinstall every once in a while in hopes that a new, working version will come along. Still no luck. Please advise.
Thanks.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 6, 12 10:00 AM
Hi wkdsdenn,

When a game shows a black screen like you describe, the first thing we suggest is checking for updates to your video card, graphics drivers, and the programs that handle the display of the game. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If you try that and are still getting a black screen, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to really delve into how the game is working on your particular system and can work with you directly to get things resolved from there.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

rthomas
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

I can hear the game but the screen is black

[Post New]by rthomas on Feb 12, 13 3:27 PM
I have been a member of Big Fish for a long time and have never really had any technical problems so I'm very frustrated that I'm now experiencing this particular one. About 6 months ago my computer crashed so I had to purchase a new one. I would have thought with a new computer there should not be any problems but I'm wrong. I'm not very computer savvy and my technical knowledge is truely minimal but I've followed the directions on how to upgrade the video graphics card, I've updated the directx and it still hasn't fixed the problem. When I visited the website for the video graphics card manufacturer, it did a scan and indicated that I have the most updated graphics card. I just don't know what else to do. Can somebody please explain in very simple terms how I can fix this problem. This is my most favorite game and I've been trying to figure this out for several months and I really want to play this game. Thank you
Rthomas

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Feb 18, 13 4:44 AM
Katarzis wrote:Hello! I have Royal Envoy 2 Collector's Edition on my brand new laptop (with win 7 and directX 11), and it is running perfectly. Since I love that game I've also purchased Royal Envoy Collector's Edition, but I just cannot get it working on my computer. When I start the game from the Game Manager I hear the sound of the game, but I always get a totally black screen. Can you tell me what to do? I've also tried to run it in Windows XP compatibility mode, as you've suggested on the Help Page, but it doesn't help, I've got the same result. Thanks in advance. Kata

I have the exact same problem. Neither the SE or CE of the original game will display on my Dell Win 7 64bit PC. It is EXTREMELY negligent of BF Tech staff to simply tell people to update their drivers. My drivers are up to date because I am computer literate. Many people are not and terrible things can happen to PCs when a person attempts to enter diagnostic mode or download drivers without knowledge of what they are doing.

There is nothing wrong with my drivers, display settings, etc. There is something wrong with this particular game. Specifically, the game has not been correctly updated to run on newer computers. Quit telling people to fix what isn't broken and either get Playrix to fix the problem, or post a LARGE notice that this game does not work with newer computers.

rthomas
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by rthomas on Feb 20, 13 7:57 AM
I completely agree that its not my computer, its that this game can not run on a newer system. Which I think is rediculous! So I spent 20 bucks on a game I can not play! This is down right WRONG! What I'd like is to be able to play this game. I've done all the things suggested in the "help" section for "black or blank screens" and there is nothing amiss with my computer. The graphic card/video cards are updated, I've updated the flash drivers, the directx, and made sure that the "show hidden files and folders" was checked. There is nothing else to do! Its not my computer people its the game! So if it can't be fixed, I'd like a refund. I'll be very conservative when purchasing another game from Big Fish if this problem isn't resolved. I'm afraid this problem could happen with other games that aren't able to run on the newer systems.
Rthomas

[Post New]by kiwipom on Jul 5, 13 12:54 AM
I can't even get the game to open. I get a black screen with a yellow bar that quickly flashes across the bottom of the screen then nothing.

Unloaded and reloaded twice. It thinks I've played, because I now have only 50 minutes left.

Only Ctrl+Alt+DEL will shut it down. Infuriating.

Glad I didn't buy it; only downloaded the trial.

[Post New]by hansey on Oct 26, 13 8:22 AM
I am on level 10 ans i have finjshed it many times doing exactly to the letter what the directions say to do and i still fall 50 happiness points short so unless i demolish sh banks and build cabins with gardens ans some stars i cannot reach the goal and the directions do not say to do that and times runs out if i try that so what is going on

Go to: