Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery

[Post New]by MaryAnn3935 on Apr 8, 10 12:06 PM
Dumb

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Apr 8, 10 12:08 PM
I purchased this game this morning and it took me 3 to 4 hours to finish. I enjoyed it very much. I tend to rely too much on hints and walkthroughs so it was refreshing and good for me to actually have to think a bit more and figure things out on my own. This game isn't hard and the mini puzzles are a little challenging until you realize they are very logical. You find a key which ends each level and you use them all in the end.

If you're into a story, I don't think there's much of one here. Based on my enjoyment of the game I certainly give it a big Well worth the credit for me and I will enjoy playing it again in a few months.

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by puppycake on Apr 8, 10 12:10 PM
There are so many games that I have loved but will not buy when I read comments that people finish in 2-3 hours. BF would make more dough I'm sure if they made the games a little longer, I am thinking I am not the only one not buying games because of the length. $6.99 is too much for 2 hours of entertainment. I bet I have turned down 10 games in the past month because of the length.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Apr 8, 10 12:22 PM
When my demo time ran out, I was soooooooooo disappointed! Wanted to continue playing! Think I'll use one of my game coupons for this game.

I am surprised at the number of fishies in the pond that didn't like it. True, the next step wasn't always immediately obvious... but when everything in a game is TOO obvious, it often ends up being boring.

I normally tend to avoid games where I can't turn off the custom cursor. That is because custom cursors are often harder to control with my computer system. But the custom cursor in this game worked okay for me so I didn't mind that it couldn't be turned off. The story line caught my interest and I liked many other things about the game, too. Had symphony music playing on my stereo so can't comment on the game's music.

I'm giving it a ! !

Classicaljazz

blm50
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by blm50 on Apr 8, 10 12:27 PM
I love OGs and this is a waste of time. Someone else said they lost the will to play, so did I, a few hints would be appreciated, even if the hints were not there the second time around, at least you'd have clue as to what you were supposed to be doing. I certainly will not be buying this one.

valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by valeriepres on Apr 8, 10 12:29 PM
Can someone help me please? I am stuck at the point where I have just done a jigsaw puzzle in the wall and the message is saying that there is something stuck in the wall but I cannot reach it. What do I do? Also where does the water valve go?

chruke
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by chruke on Apr 8, 10 12:50 PM
I would like to thank BF for games like this.....EASY....It is so nice to be able to just sit and play a game without thinking or EYE STRAIN....i.e. Vision in White....Sometimes you just want to enjoy a nice simple game that you can finish without hints or starting over. I love harder games but this was refreshing.

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Apr 8, 10 12:54 PM
I really enjoyed this game though I would have liked more instructions on the mini games sometimes. Despite that, I figured it all out and finished the game in 2 hours. I would have liked it twice as long. I liked the combination of HOG and puzzles. I would give this game 4 stars!

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Apr 8, 10 12:55 PM
I like this game very much. I am buying it. I must be a weirdo, because I like the sound effects. The graphics are clear and I am enjoying the lack of handholding.

I am sorry so many don't seem to be having fun.

kiwis00
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kiwis00 on Apr 8, 10 2:17 PM
I completely agree with some who disliked this game. No instructions! When you move to all the rooms and cannot use hint, then what do you do? It's very frustrating! Maybe when the walkthrough comes tomorrow, it'll make some sense. Duh! Maybe, too, it's for experienced gamers!

Edited on 04/08/2010 at 2:18:42 PM PST

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Apr 8, 10 2:17 PM
I find Dominic Crane to be a mixed bag. I felt the entered the story too quickly with very little back story. And instead of any narrative to tie the different buildings together so you understand why those buildings and keys are important to him, it's just a shuffle from one to the next.

I also don't like the fact that nothing seems to apply to anything so it's more than just a challenge to find the hidden objects. There are NO clues as to why you have tools in your inventory and what to use them on. Clicking on Dominic usually doesn't help and it takes forever to figure out what you should be doing.

I'm all for a HOG challenge, but I like one that makes sense at the same time.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Apr 8, 10 2:55 PM
I must be a sucker for punishment cause as frustrating as this game has
been at times, I still enjoyed it The sound effect of a cat meowing had my cat
looking,,Dominic is not bad too look at, that's always nice,.
Once you get a clue
as to what to do then it goes smoothly until the next brain fog.
A little challenge to the old brain keeps the "little gray cells" sharp.
Not a bad thing!!

Edited on 04/08/2010 at 2:56:18 PM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Apr 8, 10 2:57 PM
To tell you the truth I missed the story at the beginning, the phone rang and after having hung up (forgot to pause the game) I just found myself in the first chapter poking around. When I found the first key, I figured I had to find others. After my hour was up, I was dissapointed because I really do enjoy a good IHOG/Adventure game. Its been a very slow month so far and I havent bought anything yet so I think I will use my punchcard credit. However, from other reviews, it looks like its not a very long game, (I found 3 keys in one hour), The music is annoying, the graphics are poor and there are no directions at all (which I personally dont mind since I am now a fan of adventure games). Puzzles are a mixture of easy to medium (nothing to write home about). Overall its a fun game (But I still dont know what the story is about) and I give it a 3.5 out of 5.

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Apr 8, 10 2:59 PM
I'm stuck in the middle of liking it, but not sure if I want to buy it. I don't like the fact that their are no instructions even though I almost have key number two. I think I might wait until a walkthrough comes out.

Vaugh
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,254 Posts

[Post New]by Vaugh on Apr 8, 10 3:02 PM
I am loving this game. I do not know how much longer I have but I have played for 3 hours (off and on). Thanks for this great game.

[Post New]by OregonPandora on Apr 8, 10 3:05 PM
I didn't find the graphics grainy,. I've played enough of these that I was OK without directions (In fact I find myself reying on them sometimes when I don't really need them! I am lazy!) Although it may be tough for a beginner, I think this is a pretty good game so far and I will buy it as soon as the tech errors are worked out. As far as the story goes, I assume we will learn more as we progress but this is true of many games.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Apr 8, 10 3:22 PM
luvtoread wrote:I must be a sucker for punishment cause as frustrating as this game has
been at times, I still enjoyed it The sound effect of a cat meowing had my cat
looking,,Dominic is not bad too look at, that's always nice,.
Once you get a clue
as to what to do then it goes smoothly until the next brain fog.
A little challenge to the old brain keeps the "little gray cells" sharp.
Not a bad thing!!

DItto!!

dodogirls
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by dodogirls on Apr 8, 10 3:33 PM
Fantastic, easy to find objects was a bit of a spoiler but having no basic clues as to what to do really made my brain work!!!! Well done big fish, lets have more like this but please make them last longer it was over too soon.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Apr 8, 10 3:43 PM
I haven't decided whether or not I want to try the demo of this. I've read through the posts and and several of you don't like the game partly because of the lack of instruction. If there is little to no instruction on where to go or what to do, then I'm pretty sure this is not a game for me.

Poodlebear, your comment, "raisins are the devil's droppings and yet they keep selling the wrinkly little horrors" made my day! Personally, I like raisins but what you said was so funny! Thanks for adding a bit of humor to the day!!

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 8, 10 5:25 PM
I had thought after reading the previous reviews that I would hate this game, but I found the time went by too quickly. I usually skip the talking parts, but I made sure not to do so with this game so I would understand what was going on. Basically, Dominic is an artist that has been having dreams lately and so he goes to see a therapist to find out why and what they mean. The therapist hyponotizes him and it is at that point that we enter Dominic's dreams. In order to do this we need to find several keys.

I made it through to right after the pyramid during my hour. Not sure how much longer the game is. I didn't find the music offensive and the graphics were good. Usually with dream scenes there are some disturbing images, which really makes me wonder at the dreams these developers are having , but there really weren't any in this game. A few ghostly images, not scary, a few howls and a couple of dragons. I found I only needed help twice during my time and I found the answer here on the forum. Otherwise, the cursor changed when you needed to do something. I think if you take the time to really think about the object(s) in hand and the scene, you can figure out what to do without help.

The hint button refreshed very quickly, but you can only use it during the hidden object scenes. Overall, I enjoyed the game and if I didn't get halfway through during the demo, I will probably purchase it.

Go to: