Friends of Eastendteddy

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

Re:Friends of Eastendteddy

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Mar 24, 17 6:53 PM
Hi Whitebutterfly--I agree with you about the hospital--we know how stubborn he can be!

I did like your pompom cheer--so cute!

I do know so many of you go way, way back 1) from conversations with Randy about the game and forum; and, 2) from reading the Call to Arms. I not only read those posts (started at the beginning and am currently on page 70) but I pay attention to who's making the posts on a repeat basis (the regulars) and the dates of the posts. This shows me who's been around from day 1, or close to it. So, I felt everyone should (and would want to) be told what was happening. I did ask Donna's permission first though as everyone is different about what they share of their personal lives and did not want to overstep unintentionally.

Do find those pompoms and delight us with your Happy Dance.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 24, 17 7:28 PM
Here's another one of the oldies doing a happy dance. I hope they have precautions against him checking himself out early. There's no fool like an old fool, as I believe LtCol Rosie has told the MG more than once Best to make sure the body is Randy-proofed before letting him out into the wilds again.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Mar 24, 17 7:31 PM
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote: Today's UPDATE

It turns out Randy will not be coming home on Monday. He's being transferred from the ER area again upstairs to ICU so they can continue to monitor heartbeat (still a little fast), the tube still in for drainage, and still getting IV antibiotics, so he'll be there a few days--Donna didn't know for how much longer. But, the doctor, nurses, and Donna said he looks really good now, compared to Wednesday. His color is good and he's chatting with Donna like usual now. So, it's just a matter of time for full recovery.

Although Randy will probably get mad, Donna is inclined to call his knee surgeon to say hold off for a bit on rescheduling that surgery. She feels it would be too much so soon after this incident, and I tend to agree and said as much. Sorry Randy--it's for your own good!

It's funny how those who do or have worked in health care do NOT like taking orders from doctors (or nurses)..... Whenever I've talked to Randy about different health topics, he is QUICK to give advice... but TAKING it??... hahahaha.... I can't throw stones, having worked in health care myself, I REFUSE to see dr.s.... oh no, I can handle whatever breaks... hahaha.... I want to say he will see the value of waiting on his knee.... then again.... that would be his advice for someone else.... I can also see Randy saying "bring it on, I can handle it"..... I will be waiting with "baited" breath to see what he will do...

Glad he's coming home Monday ... ahhhhhhhhh, Randy, Randy, Randy... he's certainly not boring.....

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Mar 24, 17 7:37 PM
Hi RosiebvtNo worries--he won't be getting anywhere without Donna knowing about it! And, I love LtCol Rosie's posts!!

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Mar 24, 17 7:41 PM
Ah, Gohill--you have him pegged so well! But, he will not be coming home on Monday. Still working on the drainage and antibiotics and monitoring heart rate as it's still higher than they'd like. But, other than that....pretty much back to his old self again.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 24, 17 7:56 PM
Be sure to tell him there have been 1321 hits to this thread! ...... many, many of us are pulling for him .... and missing him....and hoping for a full recovery.....and hoping he answers to reason about postponing knee surgery.

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Mar 24, 17 8:27 PM
Hi Annelliegram--I will definitely tell him! It warms my heart to see just how many wonderful, true friends Randy has pulling for him, missing him, and hoping for a full recovery! You all are the best!!

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 24, 17 10:46 PM
So glad to hear good news about Randy, he was a rock for me when I lost my precious cat, as he has been a rock to many of us on the forum and in the game.

I hope he listens to his Drs. and puts himself first for a change.

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Mar 24, 17 11:26 PM

In hospital with an infection, abnormal heart rate and still recovering?

There's no way the doctors would do the knee surgery. Not just the immediate risk, but the months of gruelling physiotherapy to follow.

Doesn't matter what Randy wants, any doctor who would do the operation would be guilty of negligence.

So he can swear and carry on to his heart's content. He won't get his way.

I look forward to reading his complaints on the matter.

Cheers,

Jenifer

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 25, 17 12:40 AM
To my Friend Randy:

Thanks to Ada for all the updates. It heartens me to hear that you are now "on the mend"
I would send you some but you would probably give them away.
only for your visitors ?>>>["Do you want a biscuit?" is a famous music hall joke her in the UK]
How about honey rum ? But I doubt whether Donna would let you have any if you are on antibiotics.
Ah well! Lots of visitors from around the world will have to do. Many of those posting are behaving in their usual outrageous fashion!
And I hope some real live visitors too come to look at you and marvel at your fortitude!
Love you Cap'n Bob and my full support and feelings for your "mentor" too

Angeli64
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Angeli64 on Mar 25, 17 2:06 AM
Thanks Ada for all the updates!

Angeli

Grimwald
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by Grimwald on Mar 25, 17 4:11 AM
I seem to have sandwiches, carrots and Girl Scout cookies, I could send them along. Also a can of Hormel Foods brand Spam.

Come on, Randy! You don't want the Spam!

Wendy, aka Grimwald

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Mar 25, 17 5:02 AM

Bazooka on standby...

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Mar 25, 17 7:16 AM
Get well soon, Eastendteddy!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 25, 17 12:08 PM
Oh, Randy......plz hurry and get well ......get out of that hospital before that Jenifer_Wren comes with her corset laden with dynamite to blast you out!!!!!

dandydog
Clownfish
Clownfish
803 Posts

[Post New]by dandydog on Mar 25, 17 3:00 PM
Fletcher here, "Gosh Oh Friday Randy!" Hubby Joe and I take a wee week-end trip with littlest Grand-baby and You Dearest Friend wind up in the Hospital? Well all I can say about that is this....""""GET WELL QUICKLY YA HEAR CAUSE THE CASTLE WILL GO ALL THE HECK WITHOUT YOU !!!!!""" And who knows what Havoc the Inhabitants of that there Special Room will be getting away with without You OK?

Edited on 03/25/2017 at 3:04:05 PM PST

[Post New]by nimbleaardvark on Mar 25, 17 3:36 PM
Been away a few days to stay with my dad and can't believe what I'm reading for the topmost thread! Randy, I am sooo relieved you are on the mend; I will be keeping you (as well as your doctors & nurses) in prayer. Ada, thank you for passing on the updates as you get them; you are a good friend not just to Randy but also to those of us who know him only through the game and this forum.

Cap, look on the bright side: When they do discharge you, it will probably be with an antibiotic 'scrip' ... and you can probably get the pink ones if you ask for them.

JustMe2

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Mar 25, 17 4:53 PM
Today's (3/25) UPDATE

Donna spoke to Randy by phone today, and will again tomorrow, because travel is sketchy due to freezing rain (after all the snow recently) this weekend. She says he's upstairs now so he can continue to be monitored as he recovers. Still hooked up to tubes but is in good spirits, especially when she told him she and I talk every day and I relay everything to his friends through this forum. He was really pleased and said he misses everyone.

I think he's found some little pink pills because he told Donna to look at his hands....she said, what about your hands....he said they look like little piggy fingers LOL Then a nurse had come in the room and said...when you finish your call (which Donna heard and said....Randy, you've finished your call)....Randy said to the nurse....Donna says I've finished my call. So, he does sound like himself (well like Cap anyway).

Thank you for your continued prayers and support and I'm guessing, this time next week, he'll be home resting.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 26, 17 12:33 AM
Once more I salute your dedication to your fellow companions in keeping us informed of Randy's much welcomed improvements.
Randy is an "old codger" in these quests and from all continents we miss him very much

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Mar 26, 17 12:41 AM
Annelliegram wrote:Oh, Randy......plz hurry and get well ......get out of that hospital before that Jenifer_Wren comes with her corset laden with dynamite to blast you out!!!!!

I've always wanted to visit Canada.

Go to: