dorvisbunn
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

somethings wrong with my game

[Post New]by dorvisbunn on Apr 15, 10 5:23 PM
I read the walk through. Did exactly as it said. Triple checked that I didn't miss anything and I still can't exit the 1st scene. It keeps saying I need to investigate more. I have all of the evidence. Taken all the pictures. Right clicked everything 10 times. Tried to combine every thing with everything else. talked to the policeman until he won't talk anymore. Tried to give him all of the evidence. Tried to make phone calls. I can't advance? Has this happened to anyone else?

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Apr 15, 10 5:52 PM
kathy1961tastjs wrote:Just wanted to say that I love BFG and I do recommend it to all. Only thing I don't understand is why don't they have their own tab at the top for walkthroughs. If they sell the games here then why go to other sites to get the " how too's and what for's. The best way to keep from hopping from your game ( which you can lose your place if you forget to save and even then it may not save at the right place ) is to print a copy of the walkthrough ( that is if you have a printer ) this way you don't have to save and leave and come back. I do like reading all the reviews, they are very helpful. I like to think of it as " food for thought " for us fishies. As far as long games like this one ( which i love ) and others like it, just think of it as a brain exercise. Just a thought.

Hi Kathy,
I keep a walkthrough handy for LFGs too. I pull them up then load my game, when I need to check wt I press ALT and TAB and you will toggle back and forth between pages without having to save game/quit etc. or print out 500 walkthrough LOL.
Wasn't sure if you knew that so if you already do, forgive me if not try it, it's easy.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Apr 15, 10 5:59 PM
Hey Peeshee - Thanks so much for the "toggle" tip! I have several of these games and have a veritible DRAWER full of walkthroughs I have printed! This will save alot of trees !! Thanks so much!

Ticking
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Ticking on Apr 15, 10 6:12 PM
My favourite type of game - at least of the ones that appear on casual gaming sites. I think the price is amazing, I probably paid four or five times as much for the previous game in this series.

It is typical of this type of game that you spend time standing around or walking backwards and forwards looking for something and this is no exception. The 'puzzles' are inventory based - you have to use something or combine something with something else to advance and in some games this can be obscure and weird - like combing a monkey with a handcrank sort of thing - but so far it has all made sense even though it sometimes takes thought or you have to borrow something from one of the characters around so you have to try talking to them more than once as they will only give the item when you are ready for it.

Graphics are good - though some the scenes are shadowed it hasn't so far been a problem finding things. Music I can't remember so at least not annoying. And story so far very intriguing. I like the option to indicate hotspots - I try not to use walkthroughs as they spoil the game for me but it is good to confirm you haven't missed anything and just have to keep trying with what you already have.
Overall excellent value for me.

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Apr 15, 10 8:49 PM
At last I met Nicole again. I missed her since "Art of Murder: FBI Confidential"
I bought it LOL

Nouni

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 15, 10 11:20 PM
fragileind wrote:Whew. Just now ready for the trial -- be advised, LFG newbies -- 3h 40 minutes on an average laptop with cable connection. Hope I like it... I just took the advice above and went to a different game and stopped watching the pot. It boils eventually.
I already posted my review on another thread, I was just wondering why it takes so long for many members to download and others not so long. As for this game it took me exactly 3 min and 39 seconds for it to download and I also have a laptop with cable connection. For those that like this game, have a great time and enjoy as always....Happy Gaming!!! TMann

[Post New]by milly_barker on Apr 15, 10 11:54 PM
geas wrote:Downloaded the demo. Game was ok, not my favorite, I figured out all the controls/navigagation by trial and error. In the end had to go to a walkthrough, discovered I had done everything I was supposed to but still couldn't leave the building. Anyone else have that problem? Some demos cut you off after you've reached a certain point in the game (and not after an hour) so I was wondering if that was the problem or is it glitchy?

I'm having the same trouble and i've bought the game. Also ive checked 3 different walkthroughs and have completed everything. Am very disappointed that i I wasted my money.

[Post New]by desertsombra on Apr 16, 10 1:35 AM
I simply hate it

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Apr 16, 10 3:38 AM
Geas, it's probably some little thing that still has to be done. Have five photos? Did you put the paper with the fingerprint on it into a document sheath? That was the stickler that kept me from making the final exit? I really hope this gets you out!

I really love the game but it's dark even after I brightened my monitor. I was hoping the next section, at the hotel, would be brighter but the trial ends as we leave the rehearsal area.

For those who bought it, does it brighten up?

magilligan
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by magilligan on Apr 16, 10 5:52 AM
Help can someone tell me what I look for at the piano Spent ages before going to walk through but I have clicked the piano and played a note but still nothing and cannot exit the house. Also how do you get the journal notes mine has not recorded any so do not have any summery of what I have done.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Apr 16, 10 7:29 AM
Godolfin wrote: ...Also, and I don't know if this is just in the demo or if this happens in the actual game, but I hate having to see through the lead in every time I start up the game. This one is a no buy for me.

Couldn't agree more!
I didn't find the demo complicated excpet for that I was unable to leave the building. I restarted the game and was forced to watch the whole thing again. I still ended up stuck. I looked for a walkthrough and found out I had all that was required to leave but still couldn't.
Then in one of the BF forum threads it was suggested it might be a technical issue with the graph card.
I'm not bothering to check. I found the characters so far very annoying (all of the, french detective, Nicole, boss, even police officer with pencil dicussion). I didn't like the way very obvious stuff was "unnoticed" by French police.
Furthermore and as it has been pointed out this is a LFG, not a RG.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Apr 16, 10 7:39 AM
SKIP BEGINNING: Hit escape to bypass the leading parts. Just keep hitting escape 'til you get to load game, save game, quit, etc. I learned that from another fishy.

Ticking
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Ticking on Apr 16, 10 8:10 AM
magilligan wrote:Help can someone tell me what I look for at the piano Spent ages before going to walk through but I have clicked the piano and played a note but still nothing and cannot exit the house. Also how do you get the journal notes mine has not recorded any so do not have any summery of what I have done.

Nothing at the piano except click to get a comment and can press keyboard to play a note - at least in first visit. Not sure yet if you ever have to go back.

toshiko
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Challenging and just plain fun!

[Post New]by toshiko on Apr 16, 10 9:40 AM
What a great game...I have just gotten into this one and like the other Art of Murder that I played I know I will stay right till the end.

If you don't like a challenge and do enjoy mindless **** games...do not play this.

There is a lot of help on-line if you get stuck...but all games do not offer the same satisfaction to everyone.

Have fun!!!!

howdytwo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by howdytwo on Apr 16, 10 5:33 PM
obrien60 wrote:HeeHee, 90%

obrien60, you're making me laugh!

[Post New]by kstar58 on Apr 16, 10 6:54 PM
Ok Here goes, I love games that challenge the mind,depending on my mood, lol
but here don't forget to pull things together in your inventory to use them else where in the game , look to the floor, think like a detective , like this one that shows up with no gloves" lol but it is good if i ever figure out the fuse box chair and piano, i want to leave this room and move on, but my brain is tired of trying tonight, 3 games and took on this one , so I'm going to bed and try again with a fresh mind tomorrow, Don't give up good people, give it a chance. Thanks BF

popcorn_20000
Marlin
Marlin
8,219 Posts

[Post New]by popcorn_20000 on Apr 16, 10 9:38 PM
Just wanted to pop back in and say I bought it, redownloaded (that was annoying that after waiting app 30mins for the trial I then had to wait bout 3hours for the full version) and finished it.

I enjoy LFG because you get value for money in regards to time, I played for roughly 3-4 hours the first day and another 2 hours the second day.

Yes these games usually require a walk throu to be handy but I dont mind, sometimes I'll wonder around aimlessly first then just follow the prompts from the walk throu.

I definetly give this a

pkrh
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by pkrh on Apr 16, 10 10:56 PM
Mephibosheth wrote:I'm not really a fan of these types of games, with the focus being on murder, etc. However, I do admit to being addicted to BFG, and thus I try almost everything.

First of all, the graphics are very good. It's about on the level of Syberia II, perhaps a wee bit better, but very dark. That said, it's difficult to see things, and unless one naturally thinks like an FBI agent or CSI, I think a lot of players will become frustrated fairly quickly. (and perhaps one is provided in the full length game... I don't know.)

The game is very intense, particularly the opening scene. This is not a game for the faint of heart. If you found Return to Ravenhearst too creepy for your taste, you will not like this game either.

The sample scenes of this game are very dark - not for me. I love the graphics of Siberia I and II. Almost all scenes are light because of the snow. I did think the first body in R to R was very creepy - but after that, ok. I don't think I will try the demo of this game because of the length of time to download. Let's have Siberia III soon as well as a new MCF game.

Edited on 04/16/2010 at 10:57:10 PM PST

fabes
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by fabes on Apr 17, 10 6:23 PM
Hey Peeshshee thanks for that tab tip I always hated to have to save and quit game to check wt. This tip is a total timesaver. Totally Awesome thanks again.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Apr 17, 10 9:01 PM
awful game! the lead in took forever, it was "small screen" i picked up the camera then could not put it down and had no idea what to do with it anyway. then when i exited the game that took forever too!!!!

Go to: