Re:Post any Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer technical issues here only

[Post New]by mousygrl05 on Jun 6, 10 9:24 PM
I bought and downloaded the game, which took forever, and now I can not get the game to open. when I click on it, there is a flash at the bottom task bar on my screen, and nothing happens. this is the second time I had to download the game, seeing as I accidentally did a PC recovery and lost all my game progress... I REALLY want to play this game someone please help!!!

Edited on 06/06/2010 at 9:27:03 PM PST

Post any Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer technical issues here only

[Post New]by pj5565 on Jun 8, 10 10:32 AM
I'm so frustrated! I've restarted the game 5 times and I still keep getting stuck in the hotel! for some reason Sylvia won't give me the hair pin to jimmy the light and make connection with the antenna! when I'm talking to the professor, that dialogue thread doesn't even come up, just the "farewell" one. I've left and come back several times within each game. What else should I do?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 8, 10 11:28 AM
pj5565 wrote:I'm so frustrated! I've restarted the game 5 times and I still keep getting stuck in the hotel! for some reason Sylvia won't give me the hair pin to jimmy the light and make connection with the antenna! when I'm talking to the professor, that dialogue thread doesn't even come up, just the "farewell" one. I've left and come back several times within each game. What else should I do?
You're missing the same thing over and over again ...

Did you turn the green receiver box upside down?
Did you turn the lamp off and remove the lightbulb?
Did you connect the camera? (That may have to wait until later).

Play around with everything you can on that bedside table. Eventually something you do there will generate a comment and you'll know you have to go and get the hairpin.

This is quite tricky as the trigger isn't obvious.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 8, 10 11:29 AM
mousygrl05 wrote:I bought and downloaded the game, which took forever, and now I can not get the game to open. when I click on it, there is a flash at the bottom task bar on my screen, and nothing happens. this is the second time I had to download the game, seeing as I accidentally did a PC recovery and lost all my game progress... I REALLY want to play this game someone please help!!!
You'll need to get in touch with Customer Support to help you out. Click on the green envelope, then the Contact Us hyperlink, then select Technical Issues from the drop-down list.

PetMice
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by PetMice on Jun 15, 10 9:55 AM
sstrobl wrote:black screen tellin me aom.exe stopped working can someone please help me. im in duprees loft ive done the hooks on the wall and grabbed the letters but when i go to grab the safe i get that error message please help me

I cannot offer a solution but the same thing has happened to me at an even later stage in the game!!!!!

[Post New]by lizcoby on Jun 27, 10 2:07 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

[Post New]by spirecreations on Sep 14, 10 6:52 PM
Hello everyone! So, I only have about 12 minutes left of the demo of this game. Before I decide whether to add it to my buy list...i wanted to ask if anyone has problems with putting things down? Is this a right click thing? If I pick up the camera (for example...) I have to hit "esc" to get to the main menu in order to be able to pick up anything else or navigate around rooms, etc. I have a mac mouse hooked up and suspect this may be the problem...just looking for confirmation... thanks!!

[Post New]by dalilajt on Oct 2, 10 2:35 AM
I downloaded the game and I have been playing it just fine. Until today I get to cuba and visit the estate checked out everything, then attempt to go to the village and it tells me that i still have to check something out. I need to talk to manuel I click on him to converse and my inventory disapears and I can still hear background sound but it freezes and I cannot go any futher then this screen. I have to completely power off computer. Bummer... I am uninstalling game and I expect to see a game credit on my account so that I may puchase another similar game that I can complete playing.

Thank you

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 2, 10 2:53 AM
dalilajt wrote:I downloaded the game and I have been playing it just fine. Until today I get to cuba and visit the estate checked out everything, then attempt to go to the village and it tells me that i still have to check something out. I need to talk to manuel I click on him to converse and my inventory disapears and I can still hear background sound but it freezes and I cannot go any futher then this screen. I have to completely power off computer. Bummer... I am uninstalling game and I expect to see a game credit on my account so that I may puchase another similar game that I can complete playing.

Thank you
You will have to ask for a fix or a credit. Use the green envelope on the right to get in touch with BFG CS.

[Post New]by sweeswee2003 on Dec 29, 10 5:04 PM
Hi all

I've very much enjoyed the game so far, except when I arrive at the harbour, as soon as I go down to the boats, the sound goes funny (distorted) and my whole computer shuts down every time. It's played fine up to this point, any ideas?

[Post New]by Solostaran on Jan 4, 11 12:32 PM
I love this game so far, however, half the time when I go to save my computer goes to this blue screen, and then shuts off. Several times it has erased my saved progress completely. Does anyone have any answers?

[Post New]by sweeswee2003 on Jan 5, 11 6:53 AM
sweeswee2003 wrote:Hi all

I've very much enjoyed the game so far, except when I arrive at the harbour, as soon as I go down to the boats, the sound goes funny (distorted) and my whole computer shuts down every time. It's played fine up to this point, any ideas?

Anyone?

[Post New]by BaniraSoruto on Mar 12, 11 10:54 AM
This is urgent! I just bought the game from a trusted website and it downloaded fine and EVERYTHING went fine until I realized that the bodies in the interactive part (when you have to click and examine) of the game are grey. Help please!!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 12, 11 11:14 AM
Hey BaniraSoruto,

You might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling (you can click on this link) the game to see if this helps.

If the game wasn't purchased through Big Fish Games, our Tech Support team is still happy to help, but you might want to get in touch with the other site's support as well. Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

tlee5
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by tlee5 on Apr 8, 11 7:04 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

tlee5
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by tlee5 on Apr 8, 11 7:10 AM
Talk to the policeman again about the evidences.

Exit through the door at left.....this never happens although I have collected everything

HOaddict
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by HOaddict on Apr 14, 11 6:34 PM
Hi fellow fishies! I absolutely love the Puppet Show series, therefore purchased this game enthusiastically. Am unable to play in that it states the game is already playing. I contacted BFG customer service, but noted that at 5:59 PM BFG stated the problem was fixed. Redownloaded this game and am still unable to play for the same reason. My computer is Windows 7 OS, 64 bit.

Can't save after certain point - access violation error

[Post New]by MisterBear on May 4, 11 4:01 PM
I've successfully completed the search of DuPree's apartment and saved the game at the point where the GPS in the car takes me back to the hotel to store the box. Any attempt to save the game after this point causes an access violation error and the game crashes. I've sent a "fix it" report up to Tech Support.

Has anyone been able to fix this error by reinstalling the game? I don't want to go to all the trouble if I'm just going to encounter the error again.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on May 4, 11 4:25 PM
Hey MisterBear,

While you wait for a response from our Tech Support team, you might want to check out this help article for some troubleshooting steps:

Access Violation

Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by SkorpionUK on Jul 30, 11 1:31 PM
I'm getting "input not supported" errors every time I try to run this game.

Things I've tried:
1. reinstall game
2. update video drivers
3. update DirectX
4. run as Admin (I am admin anyway)

Other games, including other Art of Murder ones, run fine. I'm on Win7 64bit.

Does anyone have any ideas what else I can try to get this game to run? Thanks!

Go to: